Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
lmao Talk about stupid, here's a good way to enamor yourself to the locals: While hosting a charity event for an urban school back in 2003 where an African-American singing group called "The Best Men" were late to show up, O'Reilly quipped to the largely black audience, "Does anyone know where the Best Men are? I hope they're not in the parking lot stealing our hubcaps."

Bill O'Reilly; "This is a no-spin zone."
uhuh Apparently , Bill considers himself exempt from the "no-spin zone": Bill Spins, and should spend time at hotels in Cancun

lol @ --> Bill O'Reilly: "No Spin" - CBS News

Who's she?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Hey Canadian wannabes - Rand Paul wants to be your next president:

He can be better than the next; he can be the first... Mind you, it's a hollow victory as it doesn't weild any power and isn't recognized

Actually, Mexico has universal health care:

The government added 52 million to its insured rolls last year.

If they can do it, so can we.

Sure you can, all it costs is money.

Does the WH have any money these days?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Sure. Cut the military by half and stop trying to control the world. That would free up a few trillion. What is more important, taking care of your own or bombing the crap out of brown skin people?

Great, you've offered a solution, and one that I would support in being prudent and reasonable... Now, all that's required is to initiate the action(s) and redeploy the money.

That said, my feeling is that it isn't an action that we should expect to hang our hats on... Whether or not we agree/disagree on that policy suggestion won't matter. I think it's safe to say that military spending will remain as it is.

In the end, the money that I have asked gopher about still needs to materialize in order for his universal healthcare system to exist.

... And this takes us back to the core question - does the WH have the money?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Great, you've offered a solution, and one that I would support in being prudent and reasonable... Now, all that's required is to initiate the action(s) and redeploy the money.

That said, my feeling is that it isn't an action that we should expect to hang our hats on... Whether or not we agree/disagree on that policy suggestion won't matter. I think it's safe to say that military spending will remain as it is.

In the end, the money that I have asked gopher about still needs to materialize in order for his universal healthcare system to exist.

... And this takes us back to the core question - does the WH have the money?

It's not money that the healthcare system needs, it's people to start taking responsibility for their own health. The human body is much like a car, if you don't do the regular maintenance, pretty soon it breaks down or blows up. Most illness happens for a reason and a lot of it has to do with lifestyle. We have to quit pouring money into a bottomless abyss.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It's not money that the healthcare system needs, it's people to start taking responsibility for their own health. The human body is much like a car, if you don't do the regular maintenance, pretty soon it breaks down or blows up. Most illness happens for a reason and a lot of it has to do with lifestyle. We have to quit pouring money into a bottomless abyss.

You realize that this discussion is about american health care.