Global Warming: still the ‘Greatest Scam in History’

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
All I "see" is confused people being milked. People who don't realize we are still in an ice age in an interglacial period that is going to crash down hard after a temperature spike (which we are currently experiencing) like it has been doing repeatedly for eons.

Are you going to try to deny that and claim it's man and CO2?

Where's your evidence for that?

We are in an interglacial period and as the transition to a glacial phase of the cycle is a cold dry process that takes thousands of years to develop from a relatively tiny forcing of about -0.2 w/m^2 then I seriously doubt that as long as we're pumping any meaningful amount of GHGs into the atmosphere there will another glacial cycle.

We're already at a +4 w/m^2 human created forcing or more and have overwhelmed natural forcings a long time ago.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Of course you don't think. That's why you only believe what you are told to believe.

Actually I'm probably more of the ones who are telling people what they should believe. And I'm telling them they should believe in anthropogenic global warming.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
My evidence? is this going to be another stupidityfest where you deny reality like the shale?

From what I recall of that discussion you ended up talking about your personal BS after you ran out of your "facts".

If you don't even understand the mechanisms that produce the glacial cycles, which seems doubtful seeing as how you think we're for heading a glacial period now, then how can you comment on this?

Makin' up **** is fun I know, but that's really not science.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I ran out of facts? The facts from the links you posted but didn't bother to read that I already knew were facts?

Milankovitch? What do you want to know about him and his theory?

Do some poking around and save me from embarrassing you again.

How far are the scammers willing to go?

Human Carbon Emissions Seen by Researchers Holding Back Ice Age - Bloomberg

Holding back the next cycle eh? That's ****ing rich!

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I ran out of facts? The facts from the links you posted but didn't bother to read that I already knew were facts?

Milankovitch? What do you want to know about him and his theory?

Do some poking around and save me from embarrassing you again.

One again, it's a discussion not a game.

The Milankovitch Cycles involve three separate components.

Eccentricity- The Earth's orbit around the sun varies from nearly circular to more elliptical. This is the most important forcing as it leads to a slow buildup of snow and eventually ice cover in the northern hemisphere in a process that takes thousands of years. It begins as a relatively tiny forcing of around -0.2 watts per meter squared that allows more snow cover to remain progressively changing the surface albedo of the land surface reflecting more sunlight back into space which resulting in further negative forcing. At the same time the colder atmospheric conditions means less water vapor in the air and cooler seas can contain more CO2. In constant feedback cycles more and more snow and ice cover are created and there is less and less CO2 in the atmosphere, it is one of the strongest feedbacks of the process and large scale glaciation wouldn't be possible without a significant decrease in CO2.

The other components of the Milankovitch cycles are Axial tilt and Precession which have an influence on how severe and prolonged a glacial period is.

As I said, it's the first component, the eccentricity of orbit that's the most important factor and the negative forcing associated with that is tiny compared to human generated positive forcing now being created.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why would you bother telling a geologist what the Milankovitch Cycle is? Boredom? Stupidity?

It was man that caused the 30 prior interglacial periods?

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Why would you bother telling a geologist what the Miankovitch Cycle is? Boredom? Stupidity?

It was man that caused the 30 prior interglacial periods?

I'm pointing out the science, I have no idea what you're talking about... and I doubt you do either.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
We are in an Ice Age and have been for the past 2 million years. That is a fact. Are you willing and able to accept that fact?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Top White House Climate Change Adviser Vows Obama Will Crackdown On Global Warming Skepticism: “The Era Of Denial Is Over”…

What are they going to do, start rounding up global warming skeptics and put them into re-education camps?
Via E2 Wire:
President Obama’s top climate adviser on Wednesday vowed that “meaningful” action on global warming was coming soon.

Heather Zichal, the deputy assistant to the president on energy and climate change, said she didn’t want to get “in front of the big man” and unveil specific plans during an event in Washington, D.C., hosted by The New Republic.

She spoke broadly, however, of bolstering energy efficiency, expanding clean energy on public lands and using various “tools” — including the Clean Air Act — to address climate.

Zichal’s comments come as speculation grows that the administration is preparing sweeping climate change proposals. Bloomberg reported that Obama has told donors he will take action next month.

Capitol Hill has been left guessing what the White House is cooking up on climate, though Zichal’s comments shed some light on the plan.

Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.), the top Democrat on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, told The Hill on Tuesday that he understands Obama will reveal his actions “soon.”

The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee also skirted the climate debate in its Water Resources Development Act legislation. Lawmakers steered conversation toward the impact extreme weather events have on coastal infrastructure.

While such congressional activity does not address the reasons climate change is occurring, Zichal said it shows GOP lawmakers acknowledge there is a problem.

“The era of delay and denial is over,” she said.

Top White House Climate Change Adviser Vows Obama Will Crackdown On Global Warming Skepticism: “The Era Of Denial Is Over”… | Weasel Zippers

Top White House climate adviser vows Obama will act soon - The Hill's E2-Wire

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Climate Alarmists Caught Doctoring ‘97 Percent Consensus’ Claims

Tags:

Global warming alarmists have been caught doctoring the results of a widely cited paper asserting there is a 97 percent scientific consensus regarding human-caused global warming. After taking a closer look at the paper, investigative journalists report the authors’ claims of a 97 percent consensus relied on them misclassifying the papers of some of the world’s most prominent global warming skeptics. At the same time, the authors deliberately presented a meaningless survey question that allowed them to twist the responses to fit their own preconceived global warming alarmism.