Two explosions at Boston Marathon finish line injure dozens: reports

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Me too.

That's probably just because we're bossy. ;)
pfffffffffffft yeah, pretty much...what always shocks me is that I am aware as I direct that I don't know s h i t , but when you say, goooo do this, we are going to do that, people do it....lol

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/us/explosions-reported-at-site-of-boston-marathon.html?hp&_r=0

A person briefed on preliminary developments in the investigation said that members of Boston’s Joint Terrorist Task Force were at Brigham and Women’s Hospital interviewing an injured man seen running from the scene of the first blasts, near 671 Boylston Street. The person said that police investigators had contacted the local gas and electric company and determined that the explosions were not related to gas or electrical service.

The authorities also found a device at St. James and Trinity Streets that did not explode, the person said, and two other devices were found, including one in Newton, outside of Boston.

The authorities were evacuating the Mandarin, Marriott and Lenox hotels because of reports of suspicious packages, but no confirmed explosive devices have yet been found at those hotels.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
pfffffffffffft yeah, pretty much...what always shocks me is that I am aware as I direct that I don't know s h i t , but when you say, goooo do this, we are going to do that, people do it....lol

People feel better when someone is in charge. So even if you're giving someone pointless busywork during a time of crisis, you're probably doing them wonders.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Terrorism strikes Boston Marathon as bombs kill 2, wound dozens - CNN.com

Numerous hospitals treat the wounded

Massachusetts General Hospital said it was treating 22 injured people, six of them in critical condition. Tufts Medical Center reported that it was treating nine people. Brigham and Women's Hospital said it received between 18 and 20 injured. Boston Medical Center reported 20 patients from the marathon, most with lower leg injuries.

Boston Children's Hospital was treating seven injured people -- six children and a parent of one of the children. Their conditions range from "good to serious," a hospital spokeswoman said.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
... most with lower leg injuries.

One of the pictures I saw looked to be someone lying on the pavement while a shirtless good samaritan used his tshirt to try to bandage his missing leg. I can't help but wonder if they actually designed a bomb to cut the crowd down like that. Horrific thought.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
One of the pictures I saw looked to be someone lying on the pavement while a shirtless good samaritan used his tshirt to try to bandage his missing leg. I can't help but wonder if they actually designed a bomb to cut the crowd down like that. Horrific thought.

Do you recall the bomb design and locations that the Toronto 18 had, along with secondary explosions for First Responders.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
How horrible, hopefully the perp/s will be caught and tried for this low down cowardly act!

Note - I am not implying it was Islamic Terrorists- This is just an example of how easy it can be to build a bomb or multiple bombs.
It is just this easy. We have been lucky so far. As they evolve and have smaller cells they then are difficult to impossible to penetrate.
Well it is coming and the body count will increase. And yes it will go on for the next few generations at a minimum.

"Toronto 18" Cell Members Sentenced in Terror Plot :: The Investigative Project on Terrorism

Zakaria Amara, 24, the leader of the group - which planned to detonate truck bombs outside the Toronto offices of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Toronto Stock Exchange and an Ontario military base - was sentenced to life in prison on Monday. He will be eligible for parole in 2016 - 10 years from the day of his arrest.

Amara confessed to masterminding the plot to detonate fertilizer bombs in U-Haul vans. He asked an undercover informant to help him purchase ammonium nitrate, the same bomb used in the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing which killed 168 people.

Amara's roles in the conspiracy included researching how to build a remote-controlled detonator and becoming the leader of a terrorist training camp. To kill the maximum number of people, he planned to put metal chips inside the bombs and detonate them at times when the target areas were crowded.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
OMG.....I just don't understand what the hell is wrong with people. Why do they do things like this?

I dont think any of us will ever fully understand why some people do things like this. Perhaps a lack of empathy.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I dont think any of us will ever fully understand why some people do things like this. Perhaps a lack of empathy.

Revenge is what first comes to mind for such a large attack. That does not mean they are lacking empathy for all, just for their victims.
Next it comes down to who perpetrated the attack, then motives can be determined.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Revenge is what first comes to mind for such a large attack. That does not mean they are lacking empathy for all, just for their victims.
Next it comes down to who perpetrated the attack, then motives can be determined.

A revenge attack against a US domestic target. Let me add for a sec, ok that's about three hundred countries and about five billion suspects. I think we need to look at other motives like fast tracking desperately needed legislation for the big eye running the hidden hand.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
How horrible, hopefully the perp/s will be caught and tried for this low down cowardly act!
Don't worry, Obama said the perps will be caught and held accountable. Hopefully they'll catch them as quickly as they caught the Benghazi attackers and give them the same punishment.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
An attack in the Birth Place of America..sad..

The police have to be right 100% of the time, the terrorist only once..

This will never end.

God help those hurt and their families effected by this incident.. an 8 year boy is one of the 3 dead, didn't even get live his life..

I hope they catch the individual or individuals responsible and the full weight of the law is thrown at those responsible. I also hope they don't profile and blame one group, culture or religion.. it's just a sick person that can do this to another.

Heroes at work above.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
My heart goes out to the people of Boston, the innocent people hurt and killed by this terrible act, and the families of those hurt and killed.