Hey, I think Blackberry is going to make it

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
All the doom and gloom nay sayers seems to be running out of steam. The new Z10 is getting
a lot of rave reviews and sales in Canada, UK, and the UAE are looking very good.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
All the doom and gloom nay sayers seems to be running out of steam. The new Z10 is getting
a lot of rave reviews and sales in Canada, UK, and the UAE are looking very good.

A good friend is probably sleeping better now. He uses his Blackberry for everything, and was worried about support, etc. .........I mean STRESSED OUT !!

There's so many people walking around looking at their "hand held communication device", the town council is considering putting padding on parking meters and lamposts.....................;-)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
A good friend is probably sleeping better now. He uses his Blackberry for everything, and was worried about support, etc. .........I mean STRESSED OUT !!

There's so many people walking around looking at their "hand held communication device", the town council is considering putting padding on parking meters and lamposts.....................;-)

Nuggler the mobile phone I use is an older dumb phone that my daughter gave me because she was getting a "smart" phone. I use the phone for talking to people. The new phones will, apparently, let you surf the web, send or receive e-mails, or watch movies on a
two or three inch screen, which, in my mind, is just short of dopey.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Nuggler the mobile phone I use is an older dumb phone that my daughter gave me because she was getting a "smart" phone. I use the phone for talking to people. The new phones will, apparently, let you surf the web, send or receive e-mails, or watch movies on a

Nobody needs a smartphone and anyone who has never used one will not see the upside at all. I know I didn't before I got one. However it's much handier than you can possibly imagine. If you had one, you'd find it useful for at least one of it's many, many features. I can almost guarantee it.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I bought an LG flip phone in 2006 and it still works for me. I can go on the web if I want
but why? I use it to talk to people, that is why they call it a phone. I hate text messages
I refuse to answer them and in fact had the service terminated from my phone.
I go to get a new phone with limited features as the other stuff I would never use and the
young sales people look at me like I am an old person, wait I am an old person.
The thing I really hate is when someone phones and leaves a message if I don't look at it
right away I get this repeat sound that blares away in my ear. I don't go looking to see who
called and rarely bother with messages left. I will call back later if I am busy.
I also keep tract of businesses that call to sell things local and other wise and if that happens
I won't buy anything from them. Same with charities

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Nobody needs a smartphone and anyone who has never used one will not see the upside at all. I know I didn't before I got one. However it's much handier than you can possibly imagine. If you had one, you'd find it useful for at least one of it's many, many features. I can almost guarantee it.

SLM I just bought a new 30 inch monitor for my computer. A week or so earlier my desktop crashed and I had to buy a new motherboard, CPU, a new tower case and power supply plus a few more items that kicked the hell out of an eight hundred dollar bill
not counting the new monitor.

I don't know how much a new blackberry might cost per year(since they all seem to require at least a two year contract. I'm glad to see Blackberry climbing out of their troubles but I don't think I'm in the market for a smart phone just yet.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
SLM I just bought a new 30 inch monitor for my computer. A week or so earlier my desktop crashed and I had to buy a new motherboard, CPU, a new tower case and power supply plus a few more items that kicked the hell out of an eight hundred dollar bill
not counting the new monitor.

I don't know how much a new blackberry might cost per year(since they all seem to require at least a two year contract. I'm glad to see Blackberry climbing out of their troubles but I don't think I'm in the market for a smart phone just yet.

Lol, I'm not suggesting that you should get one. Just pointing out that I was convinced they were useless fluff devices for the exact reasons that you stated earlier, but since I have had one, I've found it very useful. Again, it's not a need but it is very handy.

I just truly believe that (most)people, once they use one, will become converts to the usefulness.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Blackberry all the way!!!

I no longer have a landline or a PC. I do have a Magic Jack to back me up just in case. It plugs into my laptop. It's cheap now between the two phones and I can take the Magic Jack with me when I travel, plug it into my computer and have phone access anyway for nothing.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Blackberry all the way!!!

I no longer have a landline or a PC. I do have a Magic Jack to back me up just in case. It plugs into my laptop. It's cheap now between the two phones and I can take the Magic Jack with me when I travel, plug it into my computer and have phone access anyway for nothing.

Sounds good.

A couple of family members use cells exclusively.

Depending on what you get, Bell land line rates are through the roof. We still use it, plus an old cell which just calls and answers. Really 20th century, eh:sad8:

Going to google Magic Jack - sounds kinky. ;-)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Sounds good.

A couple of family members use cells exclusively.

Depending on what you get, Bell land line rates are through the roof. We still use it, plus an old cell which just calls and answers. Really 20th century, eh:sad8:

Going to google Magic Jack - sounds kinky. ;-)
lol... I gave up my land line when I started doing contract work. I missed a really good contract because I was sitting at the hair salon and missed it by minutes. After that I gave up the landline and have my phone with me pretty much always. I have found it incredibly handy.

The Magic Jack can be purchased in lots of places now. When it first came out I was resistant because it was soooooooooooo cheap I thought it would be a flash in the pan. Turns out not. I paid $50.00 for it. Then I paid $10.00 for the year. That's it. Then I let it expire. So I had to pay $20.00 to get my phone number back and $10.00 for the service.

Now there is some upgrade available where you don't have to have it plugged into your computer...probably like my blue tooth I would imagine. I have to look into it further. It is certainly is a good deal.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I have actually contemplated buying a new phone and BB might be my answer

I love my BB, but it just matters what you want to do with it.

My 'Blackberry social plan' was significantly less expensive than any iPhone plan, and the big reason I went Blackberry over iPhone is hubby has one through work. The BBM function allows us to have a work group with a synched calendar, without burning data using an app to keep connected. It's been invaluable for running our household.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Luv my BB. Kids and the wife want one when their plans are over. Kids currently have HTC and the wife has Palm.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

I wonder what effect watching a entire movie on such a small screen might have on the viewer's eye sight. :confused: