Tornado strikes Japan near Tokyo, kills one (VIDEOS)

B00Mer

A tornado with winds of 113-157 mph (F2 intensity) ripped through the city of Tsukuba in Japan Sunday, 60 kilometers (40 miles) northeast of Tokyo. The twister left a trail of destruction, killed a 14-year old boy and injured dozens.

Here’s how the Daily Telegraph described the storm damage (external - login to view):

Dramatic television footage from the city revealed how houses were swept up in the storm from their foundations, causing cars to overturn in muddy debris and concrete power poles to tumble.

Hundreds of houses suffered from broken windows, with aerial images also showing many properties with their roofs entirely blown away in the storm.

EarthSky reported (external - login to view)the tornado “picked up vehicles and tossed them like toys.”

Source: Tornado strikes Japan near Tokyo, kills one (VIDEOS) - Capital Weather Gang - The Washington Post (external - login to view)

petros
Godzilla!

B00Mer
Global Warming... well maybe not.. but I think people can agree in this last century the earth is changing.. if it's man made or we are just helping it along.. who knows..

I think when Canada get a few F5 tornadoes hitting some Alberta towns and cities (Edmonton).. then those Edmonton Hillbillies grow a brain.

At least Calgarians already have one.. we have all the oil corporations..

Liberalman
And they just stood there taking pictures

bill barilko
No radioactivity?

Because here in the make believe CC werld we we want it hot!!!!

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

And they just stood there taking pictures

Suppose to be extremely rare..

It would be like having a tornado in downtown Vancouver, BC.. ever hear of one.. most people don't have a clue of the danger and most likely would freeze or get the cell phone out and start snapping photos.

What a bless city Tokyo is, mega earthquakes, volcanoes, typhoons, tornadoes... am I missing any.

bill barilko
+1
#7  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

What a bless city Tokyo is, mega earthquakes, volcanoes, typhoons, tornadoes... am I missing any.

Yes fabulous food & gorgeous women.