Is the Breivik right regarding the growing Muslim threat?


View Poll Results: Are Muslims a threat to our way of life and democratic institutions?.
Yes 9 37.50%
No 12 50.00%
Undecided 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

earth_as_one
#91
Quote: Originally Posted by skookumchuckView Post

What? You don't like dissent? Colpy has made his judgements regarding the threat of long term Muslim goals, also stated by them, by way of logic given the facts available IMO.
Could you please state the great contribution you have made to Canada that leads you to assume the right to change it? Just trying to remember here, where all the Muslims were while we were scratching out a living, building, and defending our country for the past couple hundred years. Ah, now i remember, they were scratching their heads and wondering what that black gooey stuff was in the sand.
Any immigrant should have a fair shake in this country, assuming they respect what made the country great, part of which was deciding that specific religious dogma should be phased out of government.

Well now that we know what Muslims are like, perhaps you can tell us about black people. What are they like?

BTW, I can only account for my own actions. My race is the human race. What race are you?

Anyone who believes that 1.5 billion people share the same attributes because they are Muslim isn't any different than someone who believes a billion or so black people share the same attributes because they are black. Islam has many interprations and levels of tolerance. I support freedom of religion up until it affects anothers rights.

Prejudice and discrimination against Muslims is just more socially acceptable and mainstream thanks to the efforts of a proliferation of anti-Islam weblogs like the ones Breivik frequented and prejudiced Network news pundits.

I accept all religions equally. Also I agree with what Retired Canadian Soldier said:

Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

No Muslims should feel free to be Muslims. It's the extreme idiots who treat woman like Cattle, carry out Honour Killings and believe in Sharia and stoning who should quit being Muslims, because they screwing it for all Muslims.

Last edited by earth_as_one; Apr 19th, 2012 at 06:01 PM..
 
skookumchuck
+1
#92
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Well now that we know what Muslims are like, perhaps you can tell us about black people. What are they like?

BTW, I can only account for my own actions. My race is the human race. What race are you?

I accept all religions equally. Also I agree with what Retired Canadian Soldier said:





Anyone who believes that 1.5 billion people share the same attributes because they are Muslim isn't any different than someone who believes a billion or so black people share the same attributes because they are black. Islam has many interprations and levels of tolerance. I support freedom of religion up until it affects anothers rights.

Prejudice and discrimination against Muslims is just more socially acceptable and mainstream thanks to the efforts of a proliferation of anti-Islam weblogs like the ones Breivik frequented and prejudiced Network news pundits...

Asking me about black people instead of addressing my question
Now you have lost all credibility. Your handlers have imbued you with a very pathetic form of dodging questions.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+6
#93
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Well now that we know what Muslims are like, perhaps you can tell us about black people. What are they like?

BTW, I can only account for my own actions. My race is the human race. What race are you?

I accept all religions equally. Also I agree with what Retired Canadian Soldier said:

Anyone who believes that 1.5 billion people share the same attributes because they are Muslim isn't any different than someone who believes a billion or so black people share the same attributes because they are black. Islam has many interprations and levels of tolerance. I support freedom of religion up until it affects anothers rights.

Prejudice and discrimination against Muslims is just more socially acceptable and mainstream thanks to the efforts of a proliferation of anti-Islam weblogs like the ones Breivik frequented and prejudiced Network news pundits...

Actually I would say that denial of extremism and or excuses for extremism, such as the PLO or Al Quaeda has done much to reinforce prejudice.
 
petros
#94
Buddhist extremists brutally attack Catholic church in Sri Lanka :: Catholic News Agency (CNA) (external - login to view)
 
earth_as_one
#95
Are you sure they weren't Buddhist fundamentalists?
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#96
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Buddhist extremists brutally attack Catholic church in Sri Lanka :: Catholic News Agency (CNA) (external - login to view)

I'm sure they had a reason.
 
petros
#97
Just like the Mormosexuals that beat their multiple wives have their reasons?
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#98
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Just like the Mormosexuals that beat their multiple wives have their reasons?

Mormosexuals. Man I can't keep all these genders straight. I gotta go buy a filing cabinet.
 
earth_as_one
#99
Quote: Originally Posted by skookumchuckView Post

What? You don't like dissent? Colpy has made his judgements regarding the threat of long term Muslim goals, also stated by them, by way of logic given the facts available IMO.
Could you please state the great contribution you have made to Canada that leads you to assume the right to change it? Just trying to remember here, where all the Muslims were while we were scratching out a living, building, and defending our country for the past couple hundred years. Ah, now i remember, they were scratching their heads and wondering what that black gooey stuff was in the sand.
Any immigrant should have a fair shake in this country, assuming they respect what made the country great, part of which was deciding that specific religious dogma should be phased out of government.

I'd answer your question, but its a dumb question. BTW, how old are you and who is "we". The "we" you refer to must be a couple hundred years old.

I'll not take credit or responsibility for the actions of others. I was born here, so I inherited a free country. (more or less). I have ancestors that fought in both world wars, so yes I am grateful for their actions and the people of their generation. Muslims are the latest generation of immigrants and they are getting the same treatment that our ancestors used to give the Irish. Later it was Pollacks, Waps and Jews. Not much has changed. Bigotry never went away... we just keep screwing the new group, whoever that may be...

If this lands belongs to the people who were here first, then I guess we better ask their permission before making any changes.

Hey Canadian Bear! You claim to be a member of the first nation. If its not about 500 years too late, me and the other children of immigrants want to change your land and make it look more like Europe. We are going to impose a foreign set of laws and religions on you against your will. I hope you are ok with that.
 
SLM
+1
#100
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

Mormosexuals. Man I can't keep all these genders straight. I gotta go buy a filing cabinet.

Pretty sure he's making that one up. I like it though, could catch on.
 
petros
+4
#101
I've been using that one for quite sometime. It's gone public domain by now.
 
Goober
#102
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Are you sure they weren't Buddhist fundamentalists?

Are you kidding. Best educate yourself on other cultures and religious strife. Also making jokes about slaughter - Now it is Roman Catholics and Jews.

Yet say a bad word about Hamas or Hebollah and you go off on a wild cut and paste. Signs of a deep seated psychosis.
 
Colpy
+3
#103
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

When was the last time a western leader or the MSM blamed an act of violence on a "Christian Fundamentalist"?


Quite often, when writing about Breivik.....despite the inaccuracy of that description.

Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Anyone who believes that 1.5 billion people share the same attributes because they are Muslim isn't any different than someone who believes a billion or so black people share the same attributes because they are black. Islam has many interprations and levels of tolerance. I support freedom of religion up until it affects anothers rights.

Prejudice and discrimination against Muslims is just more socially acceptable and mainstream thanks to the efforts of a proliferation of anti-Islam weblogs like the ones Breivik frequented and prejudiced Network news pundits.

I accept all religions equally. :

Anyone who believes that 8.5 million people shared the same attributes because they were Nazis isn't any different than someone who believes a billion or so black people shared the same attributes because they are black. National Socialism had many interpretions and levels of tolerance. I support political freedom up until it affects anothers rights.

Prejudice and discrimination against Nazis is just more socially acceptable and mainstream thanks to the efforts of a proliferation of anti-Nazi movements like the ones spear-headed by Winston Churchill.

I accept all political movements equally.

Oh, one last thing.

I took a look at terror organizations that have been banned world-wide.

There are 125 in total.

Of all the terror organizations, supporting all the religious and political causes on earth, Marxists, fascists, Tamils, Hindus, Sikhs, Christians, Jews, Buddhists, etc, etc, and just plain loonies....there are 52 terror organizations proscribed world-wide. Only one can be called Christian (outside of Ireland, perhaps the inside Ireland could be included as well.......) and one is Jewish.

There are 73 Islamic terror orgaizations.

Yes, Virginia, Islam is a problem.
 
petros
+2
#104
They need to organize and amalgamate.
 
Spade
+2
#105
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

They need to organize and amalgamate.

After all, the Reform, Alliance, and PCs did.
Perhaps those complaining most heartily about a Muslim minority in a Christian Canada should be reminded of the hatred of Jews in a Christian Europe?
 
petros
+2
#106
All the rhetoric is the same.

Speaking of rhetoric, the use of "tolerance" is a joke when acceptance is what really needs to take place.
 
earth_as_one
#107
I have to admit I admire Colpy. I completely disagree with him regarding his assessment of the "Muslim Threat". However he's polite and stays on topic. He attacks ideas not people. He can make his points clearly and his isn't shy about sharing his opinion. I wish more people here would follow Colpy's example.

IMO... Just because someone agrees with most of Breivik's opinions regarding Muslims, doesn't mean they are a threat or crazy. Colpy is intolerant of and prejudiced against Muslims, but that doesn't imply that he will come to the same conclusions about a "solution" for the "Muslim problem".

BTW, Breivik's opinions regarding Muslims enjoy widespread support. I'm not sure how widespread or deep, but at least a few people are will to voice opinions in support of Breivik's hate and fear of Muslims and a few have voiced support for Breivik actions. (aka murderous rampage)

Kevin Forts: One of Anders Breivik’s US Admirers (external - login to view)
Posted on 19 April 2012 by Emperor

Imagine if a Muslim were corresponding with Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, expressing support for his terroristic actions, wouldn’t he be locked up for material support of terrorism? Kevin Forts is not the only US Breivik admirer out there.

Breivik’s US admirer (external - login to view)

The young man has black hair and a piercing gaze, and poses with his arms behind his back. He wants to appear decisive and courageous for the photographer. His parents and friends have tried to dissuade him from taking this step, says Kevin Forts from Worcester in the US state of Massachusetts. “But I want to, so that I can represent the views of Anders Breivik that have otherwise been demonized by the mass media,” the 23-year-old told reporters from the Norwegian tabloid
VG, the country’s most-read newspaper.
In a major story the newspaper reveals that Forts shares the views of mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik. “I represent a nationalist alternative, just like Breivik,” he says. Forts writes letters to the assassin and exchanges ideas with him. As proof he shows off one letter the mass murderer wrote him from his prison cell....

Kevin Forts: One of Anders Breivik’s US Admirers | loonwatch.com (external - login to view)

EDL debates Breivik (external - login to view)
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Reproduced below are two comments on the Breivik trial that have been posted on the English Defence League's Facebook page. (You'll note, by the way, that the individual applauding Breivik's actions uses the logo from Roberta Moore's Jewish Defence League UK (external - login to view).)

Now, it's true that any idiot can post their opinion on a Facebook page, but these comments have been up for over 24 hours now without being deleted by the EDL admins.
It is also the case that other EDL supporters have challenged support for Breivik, or at least for his killing spree. For example:

You can only conclude that in EDL circles this is what passes for legitimate political debate.
Islamophobia Watch - Documenting anti Muslim bigotry - EDL debates*Breivik (external - login to view)
 
CDNBear
+2
#108
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Pipe's threats and manipulated factoids regarding Islam show that Breivik followed Pipes pretty closely.

How's Pipes manipulated factoids regarding Islam, any different than you manipulated factoids about Israel?

Quote:

Pipes and the other anti-Islam propagandists sowed the seeds of false fear and hate.

Like you do with regards to Israel.
Quote:

That's pretty ludicrous, especially coming from someone who has virtually the same opinion as Breivik regarding Muslims:

Obviously differers alot, Colpy doesn't slaughter innocent people.
Quote:

... and you are trying to associate me with Breivik??? that's rich!

Why? Other than killing people, you defend the killing of people.

Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Any attempt to portray Breivik's actions as unrelated to his fear and hatred of Islam are deliberate fabrications.

Like diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia?

Something you conveniently ignore.

Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

When was the last time a western leader or the MSM blamed an act of violence on a "Christian Fundamentalist"?

Google abortion Doctor murdered.

Quote:

Anti-Muslim propaganda is so pervasive, most people don't realize how much their opinions regarding Muslims are "fundamentally" wrong.

Like you anti Israel, pervasive propaganda?

Quote:

While anti-Islam propagandists didn't explicitly advocate violence, their propaganda fueled Breivik's irrational fear and hate of Muslims and motivated Breivik to take violent action.

No, that's what his diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia used to fuel his murderous rampage.

Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Millions of people share Breiviks irrational fear of a greater Eurabia.

Have you proved it's irrational yet?

Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I'd answer your question, but its a dumb question.

That's what you say about any question that would force some introspection.

Quote:

Hey Canadian Bear! You claim to be a member of the first nation.

Like you claim to be objective. Only one of is honest, but I digress.

Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I have to admit I admire Colpy. I completely disagree with him regarding his assessment of the "Muslim Threat". However he's polite and stays on topic. He attacks ideas not people. He can make his points clearly and his isn't shy about sharing his opinion. I wish more people here would follow Colpy's example.

He's only called you an idiot at least a dozen times.

Quote:

IMO... Just because someone agrees with most of Breivik's opinions regarding Muslims, doesn't mean they are a threat or crazy. Colpy is intolerant of and prejudiced against Muslims, but that doesn't imply that he will come to the same conclusions about a "solution" for the "Muslim problem".

Of course not. He's nothing like you and does not support the murder of millions of people.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Apr 21st, 2012 at 07:51 AM..Reason: You know why I had to edit this one....
 
earth_as_one
+3
#109
Please refrain from PERSONAL ATTACKS and keep this thread ON TOPIC!!
 
karrie
+3
#110
Quote: Originally Posted by skookumchuckView Post

How does that jibe with the larger tendency of Islamists to be involved in terrorism? You do not believe that if we pizzed them off they would not attack here?
I am stating that if we do not pay attention we could well be in the current position of several European nations not too may years hence. They already have lobbied for sharia law here in Canada. That is a faith alone based administration of law which in fact makes it very similar to Wiebo's agenda, hidden behind faith but only aimed at guaranteeing male supremacy.

There are none nearby here and very few Islamics in rural areas. I would give them the benefit of the doubt and friendliness but would not trust them anymore than i would any fundamentalist church. This is of course is my right, contrary to the way that numerous progressives and Islamists would have it.


How does it jive with terrorism running rampant in developing countries? Just fine. The fact that they're Islamic and not Christian is not 'the cause', the lack of education, the presence of dictatorships, that's the cause, the major issue. And make no mistake, fundamentalists, zealots, are all on my watch list, those who push for Sharia law included. But none of the Islamic families I've yet to meet here want to live under Sharia law anymore than I, a Catholic, want to live under the law of the Church. I won't lump a whole people in with those who look like them in other countries, or with their radical fringe groups.
 
CDNBear
+2
#111
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Please refrain from PERSONAL ATTACKS and keep this thread ON TOPIC!!

If you don't like it, don't initiate them.

Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Hey Canadian Bear! You claim to be a member of the first nation.

At least it made for an excellent excuse for you not to answer my questions.

Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

How does it jive with terrorism running rampant in developing countries? Just fine. The fact that they're Islamic and not Christian is not 'the cause', the lack of education, the presence of dictatorships, that's the cause, the major issue.

Fair enough, I'll buy that that's the cause.

What's the vehicle?
 
karrie
#112
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Fair enough, I'll buy that that's the cause.

What's the vehicle?

I'm not quite sure of what you mean. Can you explain further what you're looking for here?
 
CDNBear
#113
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

I'm not quite sure of what you mean. Can you explain further what you're looking for here?

I'm in complete agreement, that ignorance is behind terrorism.

But what's the overwhelmingly common forum, where it is fomented?
 
Goober
+1
#114
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I'm in complete agreement, that ignorance is behind terrorism.

But what's the overwhelmingly common forum, where it is fomented?

With this type of nut bar if it was not Muslims he would have found another so called enemy of civilization - Be they Jew - Black - Brown - Chinese- Protestant - Catholic - he would find some group for his hate and we would be talking about why he targeted this or that group.
 
CDNBear
#115
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

With this type of nut bar if it was not Muslims he would have found another so called enemy of civilization - Be they Jew - Black - Brown - Chinese- Protestant - Catholic - he would find some group for his hate and we would be talking about why he targeted this or that group.

No doubt. Paranoid schizophrenia has that effect on people...

But that's just a fabrication according to EAO.
 
petros
#116
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

But what's the overwhelmingly common forum, where it is fomented?

Television
 
CDNBear
#117
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Television

That would be a tool the message is conveyed by, but it isn't the forum in which it is created. TV simply broadcasts the products thereof.
 
petros
#118
No pulpit, no voice.
 
CDNBear
#119
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

No pulpit, no voice.

The absence of TV, is not silencing.
 
petros
#120
It works in my house.
 

Similar Threads

45
no new posts