Gun Control is Completely Useless.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The truth is that gun controls do absolutely nothing on either side of the border to remove guns from the hands of criminals, regardless of what the Liberals, NDP & Greens would have you believe. Allen Rock went into federal politics for the sole purpose of passing legislation (Long-Gun Registry) that was meant to be the start of taking ALL firearms from the citizenry of Canada, as it was his stated belief that the ONLY people in Canada who should be allowed to possess firearms was police and military personnel, but he failed to factor in that many otherwise law abiding Canadians would simply refuse to register their weapons, and he and the Liberals were actually naive enough to state that criminal would register their illegal weapons so they could be confiscated. When that didn't happen, the whole concept of the registry was a colossal failure, yet they continued to pour money into it, not wanting to admit that their plan had failed miserably. I have to say that that the recent actions of police personnel in violating the rights of citizen I have no faith whatsoever that they should even be carrying firearms.

It is hard to run a police state when the citizens are all armed.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The analogy of another poster of the bartender being responsible for serving liquor to a drunk who gets into an accident, with the manufacturer of firearms being responsible for a murder is absolutely wrong...the bartender doesn't manufacture the booze...good luck with that:smile:
That has to be the stupidest comparison I have heard from the anti crowd...:roll:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Contract who gets the ownership nod to Santa Clause. He has the list of naughty and nice and knows where everybody lives

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
I'm more in favour of making the INDIVIDUAL responsible for his/her own actions. The more people we have "looking after" us the less able we are to look after ourselves. As cruel as it sounds perhaps unfortunate deaths through stupidity, greed, gluttony will just ensure the continuation of "survival of the fittest". The only problem I see is the innocent unfortunate victims, but there will always be those no matter what we do. :smile:

So, cigarettes companies should be responsible for what their products do, stores must demand ID's to make sure they do not sell liquor & cigarettes to minors; but the manufacturers & sellers of killing weapons, should not be be held responsible for what their products do????. Survival is not of the fittest but of the most intelligent. It is brains, not brawn that counts. Unfortunate innocents are not just collateral damage to those who wish to remain annoymous and pay less for the privilege of having a deadly weapon. There needs to be more accountablility not less. The price of reducing innocent, unfortunate victims should not be a consideration.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
OK....Let's propose to the government that Cigarettes and booze must be registered, since they are responsible for people's death...
Good luck with that...:smile:
And don't tell me that this is not a good analogy.....it's as good as the ones the anti crowd is spewing forth.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
The analogy of another poster of the bartender being responsible for serving liquor to a drunk who gets into an accident, with the manufacturer of firearms being responsible for a murder is absolutely wrong...the bartender doesn't manufacture the booze...good luck with that:smile:
That has to be the stupidest comparison I have heard from the anti crowd...:roll:

Really, and the best argument for the pro-crowd "Being tioo costly" and " the right to be annoymous" to own dangerous killing machines trumps even one unfortunate victim.... ROTFL.

We are not cave dwellers anymore who need to protect ourselves against dinosaurs etc. We have moved from tribes of people banding together for protection, to tribes banding together for individual interests. The only thing we need protection from these days are others of our own species. And we have become a selfish, nasty lot. We care more about protecting our own wallets and skins than taking responsibility for protecting those unable to protect themselves !!

As for the manufacturers of booze, not paying........ How much do they lose whenever a drinking establishment loses it's license?? And it is pretty easy for the average Joe to make their own booze which requires very litltle outlay. It is about the best solutions to every problem and allowing annomity for those owning weapons is not one.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Cigarettes.... gun registration?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So, cigarettes companies should be responsible for what their products do, stores must demand ID's to make sure they do not sell liquor & cigarettes to minors; but the manufacturers & sellers of killing weapons, should not be be held responsible for what their products do????. Survival is not of the fittest but of the most intelligent. It is brains, not brawn that counts. Unfortunate innocents are not just collateral damage to those who wish to remain annoymous and pay less for the privilege of having a deadly weapon. There needs to be more accountablility not less. The price of reducing innocent, unfortunate victims should not be a consideration.

NO- Fittest includes the most intelligent, the most physically fit, the healthiest mentally and the most disciplined- the entire spectrum of well being. By your measure, Stephan Hawking would be the "poster boy"! :smile:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Really, and the best argument for the pro-crowd "Being tioo costly" and " the right to be annoymous" to own dangerous killing machines trumps even one unfortunate victim.... ROTFL.

We are not cave dwellers anymore who need to protect ourselves against dinosaurs etc. We have moved from tribes of people banding together for protection, to tribes banding together for individual interests. The only thing we need protection from these days are others of our own species. And we have become a selfish, nasty lot. We care more about protecting our own wallets and skins than taking responsibility for protecting those unable to protect themselves !!

As for the manufacturers of booze, not paying........ How much do they lose whenever a drinking establishment loses it's license?? And it is pretty easy for the average Joe to make their own booze which requires very litltle outlay. It is about the best solutions to every problem and allowing annomity for those owning weapons is not one.

Another goal post move.....
Lady...you don't like guns? .... don't buy one and to reiterate what I sais before....the registry is just about gone so............I'm sorry for you loss

Quebec wants a provincial registry? Good.... I don't live there...and I don't want my name in their registry............

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Perhaps you could make a list of taboos so the rest of us can easier follow your logic! :smile:

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I'm starting to think the police should need a warrant before they are even allowed to check the registry for restricted firearms. I really don't see what business it is of theirs. Are they going to be less cautious going to a home that doesn't have a registered firearm? If yes, that's just unprofessional, if no, then why bother checking?

Then, it should be possible for any citizen who appears on said registry to see if their entry has ever been read. Then they can start the unlawful search civil suits.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I'm starting to think the police should need a warrant before they are even allowed to check the registry for restricted firearms. I really don't see what business it is of theirs. Are they going to be less cautious going to a home that doesn't have a registered firearm? If yes, that's just unprofessional, if no, then why bother checking?

Then, it should be possible for any citizen who appears on said registry to see if their entry has ever been read. Then they can start the unlawful search civil suits.

Works for me. Only in a police state can police arbitrarily go looking through registries just for something to do.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
NO- Fittest includes the most intelligent, the most physically fit, the healthiest mentally and the most disciplined- the entire spectrum of well being. By your measure, Stephan Hawking would be the "poster boy"! :smile:
Actually, if one boils it all down to a simple comment, it's the most adaptive that have the highest chance of survival.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I've been working for years to design a weapon that deer and bears can use to even the playing field.

I guess everyone needs a hobby. Last I checked though, deer have stealth and speed on their side, bears have size and strength, an unarmed human stands zero chance against a bear.

Since liquor , blinds, cribs etc, are manufactured for entirely benign purposes, what excuse is there for not holding gun manufacturers and sellers to the same standards, considering benign is not exactly their products intent.

What I find incredible is the persons most in favour of making it easier to own guns, are generally the same ones who are the most vocal about calling abortion MURDER!! Talk about double standards.

Children Killed by Guns: In 1999, there were 3,385 firearms-related deaths for children ages 0–19 years. They break down as follows: 214 unintentional, 1,078 suicides, 1,990 homicides, 83 for which the intent could not be determined, and 20 due to legal intervention. Source: 2002 edition of Injury Facts.

You are right in one regard, guns were designed to kill; millions of innocents were killed because because either people like you and/or their opressors deprived them of the means to defend themselves. Bad people will always find the means to oppress.

Benign items like cribs and blinds serve a different purpose, manufacturers are held liable for defects that cause death or injury because the items were considered safe. Operating cars, trucks, heavy equipment, power tools etc. involve a level of risk, but if injury is the result of a design flaw, the manufacturer is held liable. Firearms do what they do, that is what they are designed to do, it is up to the user, not the manufacturer to ensure proper and legal operation.

You may also want to research further into your stats. These are the same sort of stats spouted by the Dr. Phil types. Suicides do not decrease with incidence of firearm ownership, just the method changes. The late teen demographic is also the highest for gang membership, many of these deaths occur along with the paricipants' other criminal activities.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I guess everyone needs a hobby. Last I checked though, deer have stealth and speed on their side, bears have size and strength, an unarmed human stands zero chance against a bear.

You are right in one regard, guns were designed to kill; millions of innocents were killed because because either people like you and/or their opressors deprived them of the means to defend themselves. Bad people will always find the means to oppress.

Benign items like cribs and blinds serve a different purpose, manufacturers are held liable for defects that cause death or injury because the items were considered safe. Operating cars, trucks, heavy equipment, power tools etc. involve a level of risk, but if injury is the result of a design flaw, the manufacturer is held liable. Firearms do what they do, that is what they are designed to do, it is up to the user, not the manufacturer to ensure proper and legal operation.

You may also want to research further into your stats. These are the same sort of stats spouted by the Dr. Phil types. Suicides do not decrease with incidence of firearm ownership, just the method changes. The late teen demographic is also the highest for gang membership, many of these deaths occur along with the paricipants' other criminal activities.

Right on Bob, you've put it in such a way that if she has half a brain, you have stifled her blatherings. :smile:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

And for those who advocate bells and whistles or pepper spray as protection?????

Pls read carfully;-)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

So when I flip a machine over after smoking a joint do I sue the equipment manufacturer for not making it incapable of running when the operator is impaired or the guy that grew the pot for not warning me that I must not operate heave equipment when stoned?
More importantly, why do you have such a problem with people being responsible for their own actions?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So when I flip a machine over after smoking a joint do I sue the equipment manufacturer for not making it incapable of running when the operator is impaired or the guy that grew the pot for not warning me that I must not operate heave equipment when stoned?
More importantly, why do you have such a problem with people being responsible for their own actions?

Maybe because her head is f*****d up? :lol:

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley

Actually the fittest is the one who survives inspite of infirmities, and disease and makes a difference for the better in the lives of others. So yes, Stephan Hawking would make my list. Being just the healthiest mentallly & physically, doesn't really cut it.

Leonardo da Vincci reputedly had an arabian slave girl for a mother & a wealthy notary for a father. (rumoured to be a drunk) He was illegitimate as well) He was felt to be either paranoid or suffered brain damage because he mirror wrote. (Since the church was definitely anti-science, perhaps that was why he mirror wrote)

He is still considered one of our greatest artists. He produced blueprints of submarines, gliders, airplanes, amongst other things. He was not known to have friends, perhaps because of his Arab blood.

So, let us know why you consider Stephan Hawking unfit to be a "poster boy"