Osama bin Laden is dead.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I hope this story don't push the wedding off front page. I hear superman is reconsidering his decision to drop his American citizenship in light of the great defeat suffered by interplanetary terrorism. USA#1USA#1USA#1.more WWIII

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Re: Osama Bin Laden Killed, Obama Says

Really puts into perspective that a whole nation brought itself to its knees to catch 1 guy.

Really puts it into more of a perspective is the fact he was responsible for 2800 deaths. :smile:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
BS.

Nearly all Americans wanted a parade from central park down to ground zero where you could symbolically stone the devil. The parade supply industry and New York street vendors must be angry they were denied their pound of flesh. It could have been bigger than the Royal Wedding. Faux News could have dragged this event out for months.

Something smells extremely fishy here.

Nope... so happy that he sleeps with the fishes. At first I wanted him to be hog feed but being eaten by various aquatic life is fitting. Nothing goes to waste on the bottom of the ocean and he'll be doing his part for the environment.

Besides, there was plenty of celebration without his body last night.

Tough night for you wasn't it EAO?

USA#1USA#1USA#1.

That's what I'm talking about Beav!

CurioToo

Electoral Member
Nov 22, 2010
A whisper from me regarding the American reaction

The people here have watched for nine and a half years after the massacre on 9/11 (still controversial) hoping retribution for their lost loved ones - people who were working at their jobs - not in the military - but going about their daily business.

They have tried to hold and ignore the pain of those years lost with loved ones having to read about Usama bin Laden, unharmed, comfortably living in a compound financed in part by the people of the USA.

About Usama's meeting with Allah or whomever he worshipped: He was shot and dropped into an unnamed (to date) ocean in keeping
with the time limit on rapid burial and method of death to accommodate Islamic Law.
1 - According to Islam tradition, the body must be buried in 24 hours
2 – By burying him at sea, a shrine cannot be made out of his grave site

This is not a finished job - but my heart is warm that the Navy Pilot Fighters finally had their mission given to them - they do not get to shine in public too often. Job well done !

Last edited:

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yay! Canada went to Afghanistan to catch Bin Laden, therefore there's no reason for them to be there anymore, so they can come home.

Still... I don't get why they wouldn't hang onto the body and mummify it or stuff it or at least put it on display as proof.

The "burial at sea" story is going to feed conspiracy theorists for years!

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Yeah but they got him and now can stand back up. Not so for bin Laden.

That rings as much vindication as the next criminal put through death sentence.

The trillions spent were just so worth it.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

That rings as much vindication as the next criminal put through death sentence.

The trillions spent were just so worth it.

Don't start **** and there won't be ****.

Plus that new Charger is badass! Go Georgie, Go Georgie, run him over, do a dance now

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
My wife showed me that pic, Johnny Utah, and I had to laugh. I've also seen that Donald Trump won't believe Osama is dead until he's seen the long form death certificate.

I have to admit I don't like some of the celebrating: bin Laden was a mad dog, and needed to be put down, but thats something thatd s job not a cause for celebration to me. Sure take some pride/satsifaction in the fact that it was done, but the bigger task isn't complete yet. My biggest hope is that this will provide some closure to those affected by Al Qaeda's attacks, whether in New York, London, Bali, Spain or anywhere else.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
This is not a finished job - but my heart is warm that the Navy Pilot Fighters finally had their mission given to them - they do not get to shine in public too often. Job well done !

Navy SEALS.

Really puts into perspective that a whole nation brought itself to its knees to catch 1 guy.

Yup, the guy and his henchmen knocked us down. Now many of them are dead or are languishing in prisons.

And their top dog AT THIS VERY MOMENT is being picked apart by the bottom dwellers of the ocean.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
And their top dog AT THIS VERY MOMENT is being picked apart by the bottom dwellers of the ocean.

Meanwhile, terrorism still flourishes.

And we've spent trillions.

We have to face the sad fact that terrorism "won". By miles and miles and miles beyond our deepest delusions of grandeur.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Meanwhile, terrorism still flourishes.

And we've spent trillions.

We have to face the sad fact that terrorism "won".

Haha. Come on Mental, I know this kind of sucks for you right now and that you were "sort of" rooting for them but no... they've not won. Not by a long shot.

By miles and miles and miles beyond our deepest delusions of grandeur.

Sorry Bro... it just ain't your day.