Yep, Cuba is just awesome!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Aha, I was being blatantly sarcastic.
No you weren't. Unless all your posts are sarcasm. Which I highly doubt.

I figure insane people like you and Yukon would consider Cuba a terrorist country.
Then you figured wrong, another thing that doesn't surprise me.

Before you cry about Cuba not letting a criminal travel abroad maybe you should look at your own country and her allies misdeeds.
Hmmm, I find it odd that you think a person whose only crime is political dissidence is a "criminal" in the traditional sense. And then to top that off, equate him to terrorists. Simple astounding the silliness in your posts.

The man has an excellent military service record, he began his "criminal" career by going on a hunger strike because of Cuba's censorship of the net. Cuba branded him a criminal because he spoke out against the molestation of individual freedoms. The fact that you would chastise him, brand him a criminal along with Cuban authorities, so you can maintain a bastardised delusion of Cuba and the US, screams volumes about you character.

But hey, if you think freedom of speech is a crime, which I don't doubt, have at it.

I do find your level of hypocrisy, hilarious though.

The guy has a criminal record. How easy is it for a Canadian with a criminal record to travel?
Easy, I have a passport, and I travel still, with two criminal convictions still on my record.

Cuban government response
"Cuba will not accept pressure or blackmail, important Western media groups are again calling attention to a prefabricated lie. It is not medicine that should resolve a problem that was created intentionally to discredit our political system -- but rather the patient himself, unpatriotic people, foreign diplomats and the media that manipulates him. The consequences will be their responsibility, and theirs alone."
Granma, March 8, 2010 [6]
The Cuban state newspaper Granma stated that Fariñas's legal troubles began "because of a physical altercation with a female co-worker - not politics" and described him as "a paid agent of the United States" and employee of the U.S. Interests Section.[6]
You really should stop using Wikiality to get your info. He was never convicted of anything, other then being jailed as an American agent and political dissident.

Keep feeding your delusions though. It just keeps reinforcing the image you've created.

I believe that as long as you aren't on parole or other similar restrictions, Canada can't prevent you from leaving the country. But other countries don't have to let you in.
Yep.

I wonder what kind of medical treatment a political dissident would get in the united states, if necessary?
Life saving medical care can not denied, all inmates have access to free medical care, and he is capable of purchasing a health care package like the rest of the populace. Besides that childish obfuscation, there's no law against political dissidence in the US.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I believe that as long as you aren't on parole or other similar restrictions, Canada can't prevent you from leaving the country. But other countries don't have to let you in.
The Canadian Passport Order, the instrument that governs the issuance of Canadian passports, outlines a number of situations where Passport Canada may refuse to issue a passport to an applicant, or to revoke a passport that has been issued. These provisions are one of the main tools available to Passport Canada to preserve the integrity of the Canadian passport program.
Canadian passports remain at all times the property of the Government of Canada and are issued on condition that the bearer will return it to Passport Canada without delay upon request.

Passport Canada may refuse to issue a passport to, and may revoke the passport of a person who:
  • provides false information in the passport application process;
  • is charged in Canada with the commission of a serious offence, or a similar offence abroad;
  • is imprisoned or otherwise forbidden to leave Canada, or being abroad, is imprisoned or otherwise forbidden to leave that country;
  • is subject to conditions imposed by a court that have the effect of preventing possession of a passport; or
  • has been convicted of a passport offence under the Criminal Code or the equivalent abroad.
In addition, Passport Canada may revoke the passport of a person who:
  • uses the passport to assist in committing a serious offence in Canada, or a similar offence abroad;
  • permits another person to use the passport; or
  • has obtained the passport by means of false or misleading information.
Passport Canada recognizes that the denial of passport services is a significant sanction and therefore exercises its authority to refuse issuance of a passport only where there is sufficient reliable information available to justify the action.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If the USA is sooo bad and Cuba is so nice why do they keep trying to come to the US
Same with Mexico.....used to be a nice place to visit.....but I wouldn't wan to live there...........

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The Canadian Passport Order, the instrument that governs the issuance of Canadian passports, outlines a number of situations where Passport Canada may refuse to issue a passport to an applicant, or to revoke a passport that has been issued. These provisions are one of the main tools available to Passport Canada to preserve the integrity of the Canadian passport program.
Key word.

But then again, political dissidence isn't a crime in Canada either.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Canadian passports remain at all times the property of the Government of Canada and are issued on condition that the bearer will return it to Passport Canada without delay upon request.

Passport Canada may refuse to issue a passport to, and may revoke the passport of a person who:
  • provides false information in the passport application process;
  • is charged in Canada with the commission of a serious offence, or a similar offence abroad;
  • is imprisoned or otherwise forbidden to leave Canada, or being abroad, is imprisoned or otherwise forbidden to leave that country;
  • is subject to conditions imposed by a court that have the effect of preventing possession of a passport; or
  • has been convicted of a passport offence under the Criminal Code or the equivalent abroad.
In addition, Passport Canada may revoke the passport of a person who:
  • uses the passport to assist in committing a serious offence in Canada, or a similar offence abroad;
  • permits another person to use the passport; or
  • has obtained the passport by means of false or misleading information.
Passport Canada recognizes that the denial of passport services is a significant sanction and therefore exercises its authority to refuse issuance of a passport only where there is sufficient reliable information available to justify the action.

|That's nice.

Has nothing to do with what I said, about being allowed to leave the country, but still, it's nice.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The last time I checked, the Canadian Government does not require a passport to leave the country. We also do not require exit Visas.
Stop confusing the issue with facts involving the freedom of movement, it's highly overrated anyways.

Just ask Cubans.

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
No you weren't. Unless all your posts are sarcasm. Which I highly doubt.
Hmmm, I find it odd that you think a person whose only crime is political dissidence is a "criminal" in the traditional sense. And then to top that off, equate him to terrorists. Simple astounding the silliness in your posts.

How do you know that is his only crime, because western media tells you? lmfao.

The man has an excellent military service record, he began his "criminal" career by going on a hunger strike because of Cuba's censorship of the net. Cuba branded him a criminal because he spoke out against the molestation of individual freedoms. The fact that you would chastise him, brand him a criminal along with Cuban authorities, so you can maintain a bastardised delusion of Cuba and the US, screams volumes about you character.

I don't care what you've read about him over wikipedia.

But hey, if you think freedom of speech is a crime, which I don't doubt, have at it.

it isn't to a certain degree. if you're spreading propaganda to masses of people , propaganda that's detrimental to government stability, how can you allow it?

You really should stop using Wikiality to get your info. He was never convicted of anything, other then being jailed as an American agent and political dissident.

lol, irony. first you got all your information about him from wikipedia, secondly you believe only bias western media sources. :lol:

Life saving medical care can not denied, all inmates have access to free medical care, and he is capable of purchasing a health care package like the rest of the populace.

haha, why do inmates have better health care than many u.s citizens?

Besides that childish obfuscation, there's no law against political dissidence in the US.

what do you think would happen if the tables were turned and cuba gave money and support to a person in the u.s to act against the american government?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
How do you know that is his only crime, because western media tells you? lmfao.
Unless you have something more in depth, conclusive and factual then wikiality, there's not much else to go. Because Cuba is such a bastion of freedom, we hear so much from them.

I don't care what you've read about him over wikipedia.
I see you only care about what makes your insipid hatred more relevant.

Gotchya.

it isn't to a certain degree. if you're spreading propaganda to masses of people , propaganda that's detrimental to government stability, how can you allow it?

lol, irony. first you got all your information about him from wikipedia, secondly you believe only bias western media sources. :lol:

Actually, I got my information about him, from two other sourced articles, Reporters without Borders and HRW. But I can see why you would think I only use western media. You're projecting your myopic research skills, don't.

haha, why do inmates have better health care than many u.s citizens?
Don't know, I'm not party to American policy makers. It's similar here in Canada, an inmate will jump to the head of the line for MRI's.

what do you think would happen if the tables were turned and cuba gave money and support to a person in the u.s to act against the american government?
First you have to prove he really is an American agent. But then again, we have groups like CAIR, who receive foreign funding and have opposing political ideologies to the US's policy on many issues. That go unmolested by authorities. But I'm sure that's lost on you.

Go figure.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Can a non-criminal Cuban get a exit visa to go to the EU for an award?
First off, I fixed it for you. Maybe, it's up to the Gov't.

But if Cuba was all the darling anti's chalk it up to be, why would you need an exit visa?

Besides that, if he's really the criminal cubby wants us to believe he is, why wouldn't the Cuban Gov't want to get rid of him?

It's not like he's incarcerated.