Wow, the Penguins sure do suck

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
They lose to the Habs and the Leafs....I sense a cry coming.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Yeah, must be pretty sad to lose to Montreal.

I think I said that....not mention Toronto.

Montreal seems to own the Pens given the last game and last years playoffs.

Not bad for a below average team.

Well, a bad post rating is way better than the usual long winded response that put's you to sleep.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I still don't get the whole Cry-sby thing: he is the captain of his team thus it is his JOB to talk to the refs and lobby for calls after each play where the team feels they didn't get the right call. He's definately no worse (and I would say better) than Gretzky or Lemieux was: i haven't heard him openly criticizing officiating the way both of those two did, even early in their careers.

As for the season on a whole, a week in is a little early to be crowning champions or chumps... especially given the talent levels on the teams involved. Of the three, I'd definately bet on Pittsburgh to come out on top in the end.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I still don't get the whole Cry-sby thing: he is the captain of his team thus it is his JOB to talk to the refs and lobby for calls after each play where the team feels they didn't get the right call. He's definately no worse (and I would say better) than Gretzky or Lemieux was: i haven't heard him openly criticizing officiating the way both of those two did, even early in their careers.

As for the season on a whole, a week in is a little early to be crowning champions or chumps... especially given the talent levels on the teams involved. Of the three, I'd definately bet on Pittsburgh to come out on top in the end.

Crosby is a classy guy and player, not a cry baby at all, and he is targeted so much, that he can use the
referees at times to make them aware, so they watch, he is doing that as a tactic, not whining. I'd give the teams at least 20 games before I would begin to look for any consistent bad habits that are giving some teams problems.
It's far too early to make judgements, but thats the fans for ya, they can't wait.

In vancouver we don't have 'hockey fans' we have 'canuck fans', they see no one but the canucks in games,
they don't have a clue what the other team is doing, and don't even know any of the other players, and
don't care, it's all about the canucks, and early judgements have allready been surfacing, some of them
so stupid, they aren't worth mentioning.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
One thing for sure, Crysby sure does have a bus load of appologists.

Even Cherry thinks he whines to much.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
In vancouver we don't have 'hockey fans' we have 'canuck fans', they see no one but the canucks in games,
they don't have a clue what the other team is doing, and don't even know any of the other players, and
don't care, it's all about the canucks, and early judgements have allready been surfacing, some of them

You can swap out the city and team names for every city in pro sports. The only difference with Hab fans is they spread farther from Montreal than most other fans... sorta like the plague...

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

I wouldn't try and think about it too hard. Avro created this thread specifically to troll me ever since he got all upset over a few things I said last year in the playoffs over his precious Canadians and how they didn't win the cup as he claimed they would..... just like they won't win it this year either.

He's just trying to get under my skin like a childish teenager.... but the problem is that he seemed to forget that I already mentioned last year that while I support the Pens, I don't give as much of a sh*t about Hockey as Avro does, and that he can throw out all the half-assed photoshop images he can find off Google, it's still not going to make any difference, because I still don't care.

But I do find it interesting to see how Avro is trying to use his imagination these days, so I'll pop in from time to time, just to get a good laugh.

I laugh because it seems Avro hasn't come to realize that some of us have grown beyond Grade 8 where kid A would mock kid B's father's team because his father's team is better then kid B's...... or that whatever happens in Hockey really has no effect on one's "Real" life and no matter how many cloned jerseys or posters or pictures or autographs you can get from your favorite team..... in "Reality" the only people who are doing any real work and the only people those Hockey games really matter to, are the players.

Unfortunately Avro seems to think that trolling and sh*tting on everybody else who doesn't support his loser team will somehow help his loser team to get farther this year. :roll:

There you go Avro.... long enough for you?

And if you really like, I'll thumbs down your post..... I'm here, I might as well get two birds stoned at once...... and you might as well have the best of both worlds.

Funny how you try and start a fight and troll someone when there was no reason to in the first place except to be an ass because you can't let things go, even when it's almost a year later.

And it's not even anything serious.... it's a friggin hockey game that isn't even near the playoffs yet.

Frig, talk about sad.

Get over yourself princess.

Crosby is a classy guy and player, not a cry baby at all, and he is targeted so much, that he can use the
referees at times to make them aware, so they watch, he is doing that as a tactic, not whining. I'd give the teams at least 20 games before I would begin to look for any consistent bad habits that are giving some teams problems.
It's far too early to make judgements, but thats the fans for ya, they can't wait.

lol... indeed... Avro seems to be able to predict the entire outcome of things after only 4-5 games, if that. (Can't say I've been following)

Clearly his predictions were wrong last year, so perhaps he should look at his approach.

Agreed.

Nobody can predict anything because anything can happen, especially so early into things. That's why I rarely watch the regular season and only a bit of the playoffs, because I've seen teams do great in the Reg Season and one of the top ranking ones to enter the playoffs..... and then booted out of the playoffs in the first round..... but then a team that barely scraped by in the reg. season gets to the finals or semi finals....... Some teams do what they need to do to get into the playoffs and save their energy and resources until them, while others go all out in the regular season and burn out early in the playoffs.

It's the same old story.

All the while you got people running around pumping their chests up and acting as though they know how it's all going to turn out, based on 3-4 games.

^ Hell if someone could really pull that off, you'd think they'd be currently working in the NHL right now. :lol:

cherry is a clown, I have no respect for much of anything he says.

Yeah, he's been gradually losing his mind over the years and CBC just keeps him on there because the old farts at home watching grew accustomed to seeing him on there ranting and raving and not letting Ron have a word in the conversation he just has with himself....... and besides a few places in the US, the greater majority of them don't even know who the hell he is, let alone care what he says...... and believe it or not, there's a good chunk of not just Canadians, but hockey players who don't care what he says either.

He's like the Queen of Hockey..... he's been around forever, most in the country has heard of him, he acts like he's the head of hockey, but really holds no authority and his position only exists because everybody would feel too guilty in putting some elderly crazy man on the streets to fend for himself.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I believe teams are put together for the long haul, but some gm s build their teams more offensively
than others.
I don't think teams play thru the regular season only thinking of how they will do in the playoffs.

Injuries play a key part of every team during the season, and chemistry on the lines. It takes time
to build chemistry, and coaches must watch the lines for a while to see if that is happening, or if
certain lines are just not on the same page.

I don't believe the teams who are built 'on' lots of offense and little defense will do well in playoffs,
hence - washington in last playoffs.
Playoffs have always been a 'little' season where defence is played seriously, and fighting is also not
apparant, the teams have to be deep in both ends, and in goal, if not, early exit.

My thorough enjoyment of hockey, is about hockey, the game, not each team, and how
much I like them or not, hence, I can watch lots of hockey each week, for the love
of the game, and the interest, as to how each team is improving or not, and why.
And, of course I am a canuck fan too, I am born and bred on the west coast, and
have followed this team all of my life, so GO CANUCKS GO, but I dont live and die
with only them, and I watch 'both' teams in all of the games.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I wouldn't try and think about it too hard. Avro created this thread specifically to troll me ever since he got all upset over a few things I said last year in the playoffs over his precious Canadians and how they didn't win the cup as he claimed they would..... just like they won't win it this year either.

He's just trying to get under my skin like a childish teenager.... but the problem is that he seemed to forget that I already mentioned last year that while I support the Pens, I don't give as much of a sh*t about Hockey as Avro does, and that he can throw out all the half-assed photoshop images he can find off Google, it's still not going to make any difference, because I still don't care.

But I do find it interesting to see how Avro is trying to use his imagination these days, so I'll pop in from time to time, just to get a good laugh.

I laugh because it seems Avro hasn't come to realize that some of us have grown beyond Grade 8 where kid A would mock kid B's father's team because his father's team is better then kid B's...... or that whatever happens in Hockey really has no effect on one's "Real" life and no matter how many cloned jerseys or posters or pictures or autographs you can get from your favorite team..... in "Reality" the only people who are doing any real work and the only people those Hockey games really matter to, are the players.

Unfortunately Avro seems to think that trolling and sh*tting on everybody else who doesn't support his loser team will somehow help his loser team to get farther this year. :roll:

There you go Avro.... long enough for you?

And if you really like, I'll thumbs down your post..... I'm here, I might as well get two birds stoned at once...... and you might as well have the best of both worlds.

Funny how you try and start a fight and troll someone when there was no reason to in the first place except to be an ass because you can't let things go, even when it's almost a year later.

And it's not even anything serious.... it's a friggin hockey game that isn't even near the playoffs yet.

Frig, talk about sad.

Get over yourself princess.

lol... indeed... Avro seems to be able to predict the entire outcome of things after only 4-5 games, if that. (Can't say I've been following)

Clearly his predictions were wrong last year, so perhaps he should look at his approach.

Agreed.

Nobody can predict anything because anything can happen, especially so early into things. That's why I rarely watch the regular season and only a bit of the playoffs, because I've seen teams do great in the Reg Season and one of the top ranking ones to enter the playoffs..... and then booted out of the playoffs in the first round..... but then a team that barely scraped by in the reg. season gets to the finals or semi finals....... Some teams do what they need to do to get into the playoffs and save their energy and resources until them, while others go all out in the regular season and burn out early in the playoffs.

It's the same old story.

All the while you got people running around pumping their chests up and acting as though they know how it's all going to turn out, based on 3-4 games.

^ Hell if someone could really pull that off, you'd think they'd be currently working in the NHL right now. :lol:

Yeah, he's been gradually losing his mind over the years and CBC just keeps him on there because the old farts at home watching grew accustomed to seeing him on there ranting and raving and not letting Ron have a word in the conversation he just has with himself....... and besides a few places in the US, the greater majority of them don't even know who the hell he is, let alone care what he says...... and believe it or not, there's a good chunk of not just Canadians, but hockey players who don't care what he says either.

He's like the Queen of Hockey..... he's been around forever, most in the country has heard of him, he acts like he's the head of hockey, but really holds no authority and his position only exists because everybody would feel too guilty in putting some elderly crazy man on the streets to fend for himself.

See....blah blah blah blah blah.

cherry is a clown, I have no respect for much of anything he says.

I don't like the guy either.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Actually that's my 252nd short reply on record..... it's not too hard to have a short reply considering the material you're giving me to work with. :lol:

253rd ^

You count them?

Give me an L
Give me an O
Give me an S
Give me an E
Give me an.........

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Even Cherry thinks he whines to much.

Cherry's an idiot. He's under achieved in everything he has done except shooting his mouth off. If he was half the coach he thinks he was, he would still be behind the bench. I'm not surprised you would concern yourself with his opinion though.

I bet you cried yourself to sleep the night Crosby scored the OT winner in Vancouver.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Wow, it seems the Penguins don't suck after all.

I picked Crybaby in my goals pool and I'm in first.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I don't know of any crybaby on the penguins, but I do know of a guy named sydney crosby who
is playing fantastic hockey right now, I love it, and I would love to see him win lots of
individual awards this year, he works very hard, is a great leader, and deserves it.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I don't know of any crybaby on the penguins, but I do know of a guy named sydney crosby who
is playing fantastic hockey right now, I love it, and I would love to see him win lots of
individual awards this year, he works very hard, is a great leader, and deserves it.

Steve Yzerman stated that he admired Crosby's commitment to getting better and that he's a great example to young players today.

Here is his quote in full:

"He's a great example for all young players that here we have one of the best players in our game, a young guy just driven to get better in all areas," Yzerman said Tuesday after the NHL's board of governors meeting. "It's so important because he can play in all situations and score the goal, set up the goal, he can win the faceoff, he'll block a shot.
"How valuable is that?"

"He's just getting better every year," Yzerman said of Crosby. "He really works at every part of his game. You've just watched him develop in all aspects of the game whether it be his faceoff percentage, his shot -- he's scoring goals in different ways -- he's always been a goal-scorer, but he's added a wrist shot coming down the wing, a one-timer on the power play ...
"He's just continually adding to it."

And considering how Stevie Y was one of the classiest players to ever don the skates that is high praise indeed.:)