Gun Control is Completely Useless.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Boy that Bob Mundan sure assumes a lot. I wonder if he and Pompass are related. One is very fast with a gun loaded with pepper shot and the other is fast with a mouth loaded with bull shot. lmao

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Please. :roll:

You're actions cause problems in other countries. America seems to have a long hisotry of this sort of thing. But that's not the point here, the gun show loophole has to be closed. No longer can Americans sell guns to anyone who wants them no questions asked.

That you don't want to be part of the solution, you're only one more fool to brush aside while the changes that need to be made are put into place. Thank goodness that a real president has been elected and we can finally get some control over the idiots that can't control themselves.

Now you will have to be an actual law abiding peaceful gun owner to enjoy the hobby instead of a sociopathic gun trafficking scumbag that profits off the pain and suffering of others.

First of all there is a Federal check called the "The Brady Handgun Control Act"

The Brady Handgun Control Act (complete text) - U.S. Government Info/Resources

Supersedes any State laws or restrictions, and does create a paper trail at Federal level.

"Brady Act" Defined

Legal Community Against Violence
Legal Community Against Violence

You seem to have the "sociopath gun trafficking" dimwits who knowingly go out and purchase illegal weapons.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Warden Message: Kingston, Jamaica Increased Gun Violence
Consular Affairs Bulletins

Americas - Jamaica
11 Sep 2009

U.S. Embassy Kingston issued the following Warden Message on September 11:

The U.S. Embassy in Kingston is issuing this Warden Message to alert U.S. citizens in Jamaica to precautions they should take if they encounter gunfire, and to provide security information about rumors of tensions in the Tivoli Gardens neighborhood in Kingston. The Embassy also reminds U.S. citizens of the crime information provided in the State Department’s Country Specific Information for Jamaica.
Over the past week, gunshots have been reported in the Manor Park area of New Kingston. Although the Jamaica Constabulary Force has not confirmed these alleged shootings, gunfire is frequently heard around Kingston. If you hear gunfire or are caught in the middle of gunfire:
Always be aware of your surroundings. Seek immediate cover.
Whenever possible, carry a cell phone with up-to- date contact information for emergencies.
When gunfire or explosions are heard, immediately move to a safe area with good cover. For example look for something substantial to hide behind (large trees, vehicles, concrete barriers); seek cover in a room made of solid construction (e.g. concrete, steel, etc.); stay away from doors and windows; and do not venture out to observe.
Immediately convey the sense of danger/threat to those around you.
If possible, report to the police what you are observing.
If you encounter gunfire when in a vehicle, immediately leave the area if safe to do so. Do not attempt to drive through an area affected by gunfire or explosions. If you are in a safe area, remain there until it is safe to move.
The U.S. Embassy also reminds its employees and family members to remain vigilant regarding rumors circulating within the community concerning tensions in and around the Tivoli Gardens neighborhood in Kingston. The Embassy is not aware of any threats to any of its employees or their family members, or American-owned facilities or U.S. citizens. The last time the police had to take action in Tivoli Gardens, 27 people were killed including one police officer.
Americans traveling abroad should regularly monitor the U.S. Embassy’s website at http://kingston.usembassy.gov and the U.S. Department of State's travel website at www.travel.state.gov , where the current Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, and Travel Alerts can be found. The U.S. Embassy also encourages U.S. citizens to review "A Safe Trip Abroad," found at http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/saf ... _1747.html, which includes valuable security information for living and/or traveling abroad. In addition to information on the Internet, travelers may obtain up-to-date information on security conditions by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the U.S. and Canada, or outside the U.S. and Canada on a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444.

Citizens living and residing in Jamaica or the Cayman Islands are advised to register their presence in the country through the U.S. Department of State's automated online registration system, https://travelregistration.state.gov. U.S. citizens may also register by visiting the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy or our consular agencies in Montego Bay and Georgetown, Cayman Islands, during business hours.
Emergencies involving American citizens can be reported by contacting the American Citizens Services (ACS) Unit of the U.S. Embassy’s Consular Section, located at 142 Old Hope Road in the Liguanea area of Kingston, telephone (876) 702-6450; after hours emergency telephone (876) 702-6000; Consular Section fax (876) 702-6018; and e-mail at KingstonACS@state.gov. The U.S. Consular Agency in Montego Bay is located at St. James Place, Second Floor, Gloucester Avenue, telephone (876) 952-0160. The U.S. Consular Agency in the Cayman Islands is located at 118 Dorcy Drive, Suite B-1, Georgetown, Grand Cayman, telephone (345) 945-8173.

turubawebmaster

Oct 18, 2006
Ontario
Depends what guns, certainly not automatic machine guns should civilians have... i live in a rural area and i find gun control useless to a point... i go to the states a lot and all ther times ive been i never encountered any gun crime... Toronto and all urban areas all have those type of crimes even if you have gun control, theres still gonna be gun smuggling and guns in the cities... I think most people in rural areas abide the law

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I recieved another e-mail that was rather enlightening, and provides a bit more ammunition, so to speak, against the registry. Seems Ekos Research is conducting a poll of firearms owners using contact information garnered from the CFC's database, hmmm. Much of the information asked for is already in this database. It is apparently an attempt by bureacrats to justify the registry, particularly with the second reading of Bill C-391 due this month. The federal government knew nothing about this poll and has launched an investigation. The Canadian Shooting Sports Accociation is advising all firearms owners to not participate in this poll, and is exploring the possibility of persuing criminal charges relating to the release of confidential information byt the CFC.

There is no justification in a free country for having to let other people know what law abiding citizens have in their own homes. Privacy is a major cornerstone of liberty.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I recieved another e-mail that was rather enlightening, and provides a bit more ammunition, so to speak, against the registry. Seems Ekos Research is conducting a poll of firearms owners using contact information garnered from the CFC's database, hmmm. Much of the information asked for is already in this database. It is apparently an attempt by bureacrats to justify the registry, particularly with the second reading of Bill C-391 due this month. The federal government knew nothing about this poll and has launched an investigation. The Canadian Shooting Sports Accociation is advising all firearms owners to not participate in this poll, and is exploring the possibility of persuing criminal charges relating to the release of confidential information byt the CFC.

There is no justification in a free country for having to let other people know what law abiding citizens have in their own homes. Privacy is a major cornerstone of liberty.

I guess you are in favour of people dead on the streets while the gun owners get away with it?

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I guess you are in favour of people dead on the streets while the gun owners get away with it?

You obviously just don't get it. People dead on the street are rarely put there by law abiding gun owners, and if they are it is a result of self defense. No, the dead people on the streets are put there by thugs with guns, knives, fists, or whatever weapon happens to be handy. More often they are put there as a result of being denied the means to defend themselves by meddling do-gooders; you cannot legally carry any non lethal thing that can be deemed a weapon without risk of being charged with a criminal offense, this includes a knife, screwdriver, hammer, bear spray, hockey stick, baseball bat, etc., unless you appear to be using for a lawful purpose, (the best potential legal weapon is a large MagLite).

Newsflash, criminals don't care about laws. They are the ones who get away with it. Now tell me, where on earth can anyone get the idea that disarming law abiding citizens will actually make the streets safer?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Gun control works and the Conservatives are wrong for trying to get rid of it
lol Yeah, that is why people have registered their hairdryers, paint strippers, etc. That's why there aren't any more gang shootings, etc.
LM, you should really try to tell more sophisticated jokes. I don't think even elementary school kids would laugh at this one.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Now tell me, where on earth can anyone get the idea that disarming law abiding citizens will actually make the streets safer?

Gun control is not the same as gun prohibition. Do you think the government is trying to take away your car because you need to get a license to drive?

Nice knee jerk reaction though.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
And just to clarify, while there are no legal means whereby you can carry a non lethal weapon, such as pepper spray or "stun gun", you can still aquire a permit to carry a concealed, "lethal" weapon, a restricted or prohibited firearm. Many folks do, although most are officers of the court, a few of Brian Mulroney's MP's and Cabinet Ministers did too. Who knows who's carrying now? Privacy, makes you less of a target and keeps the bad guys guessing. But why should government officials be so special?

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Gun control is not the same as gun prohibition. Do you think the government is trying to take away your car because you need to get a license to drive?

I don't need a license to own a car, only to drive it off my own property. I used to own several unregistered vehicles, they never left my property.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
And just to clarify, while there are no legal means whereby you can carry a non lethal weapon, such as pepper spray or "stun gun", you can still aquire a permit to carry a concealed, "lethal" weapon, a restricted or prohibited firearm. Many folks do, although most are officers of the court, a few of Brian Mulroney's MP's and Cabinet Ministers did too. Who knows who's carrying now? Privacy, makes you less of a target and keeps the bad guys guessing. But why should government officials be so special?

Last time I checked, it was perfectly legal to be a police officer. Therefore giving a legal means to carry pepper spray, stun guns, or any other prohibited weapon.

The funny thing is that these (prohibited) weapons are suitable for use against citizens but not for ownership by citizens.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

lol Good point.

I think the issue in Canada is more of a disagreement in why the Glibs foisted this registry on us rather than focusing on issues like gang violence and why the occasional shooting spree by some whacked out Canuck in Montreal or some other city.

All things considered, I think city people are more likely to be violent than the rural types.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Last time I checked, it was perfectly legal to be a police officer. Therefore giving a legal means to carry pepper spray, stun guns, or any other prohibited weapon.

The funny thing is that these (prohibited) weapons are suitable for use against citizens but not for ownership by citizens.

Sure it is legal to be a police officer, whatever you mean by that, I guess that makes them above the law, I get the impression from the association of chiefs of police that they believe that too.