Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I have no idea where you get the idea that a gun bought at a gun show passes on with out paper work.

Private sales between two people are not subject to the same regulations firearms dealers are. That the facts jack. Gun shows are made up of about 50% dealers and 50% private citizens.

A long gun can be sold without leaving a paper trail, a handgun cannot.

So you're saying that Joe B has to provide a paper trail when he sells his gun to Bob J in a private sale, in let's say Vermont? It's not true but I would like to see if you lie about it or admit that it's not true.

I'll give you a example of what you are spouting. I can go to Toronto and get any drugs/anti biotic I want over the counter without a prescription.

No you can't. You can make stuff up all you want but it doesn't change the gun show loophole one bit.

See you have loopholes in your drug system. Is there any truth in what I said, of course not. Any truth in what you have said, of course not.

The only way you could purchase a handgun in the U.S. would be what we call under the counter. (If someone was to sell you a gun personally, no one else involved)

So what you mean is you personally don't want to call it the gun show loophole. Instead you want to call it the "under the counter" loophole.

Call it the Bob's luckyduck fricken loophole if that's what gets you through the night. It's still selling guns without a paper trail no questions asked. Just like I said.

If you have a gun problem, clean up your own mess, stop blaming everyone else in the world for your problems.

You're the cause of the problem. It's time to clean up and you're in the sights now.

No more gun show loophole. No more trafficing guns to criminals. No more Second Amendment out of context crap. Gun owners had plenty of time to resolve the problem and now it's time for someone else to do it. You have a problem with that? Tough.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Unforgiven said......
No more Second Amendment out of context crap.

Colpy says: Educate yourself!!!!! Quotes from those responsible for the Second Amendment....read it and you may be a little less apt to make a complete fool of yourself when discussing constitutional rights, which you so obviously don't understand.

GunCite: Second Amendment-Quotes from the Founding Fathers and their contemporaries on the right to keep and bear arms.

My personal favourite:

We established however some, although not all its [self-government] important principles . The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, in all cases to which they think themselves competent, (as in electing their functionaries executive and legislative, and deciding by a jury of themselves, in all judiciary cases in which any fact is involved,) or they may act by representatives, freely and equally chosen; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; ---Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. Memorial Edition 16:45, Lipscomb and Bergh, editors.
(my emphasis)

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Unforgiven said......

Colpy says: Educate yourself!!!!! Quotes from those responsible for the Second Amendment....read it and you may be a little less apt to make a complete fool of yourself when discussing constitutional rights, which you so obviously don't understand.

GunCite: Second Amendment-Quotes from the Founding Fathers and their contemporaries on the right to keep and bear arms.

My personal favourite:

(my emphasis)

that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; ---Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. Memorial Edition 16:45, Lipscomb and Bergh, editors.

Yet no arms in Court, none on a plane, aren't American rights being violated Colpy? No guns allowed in jail, why in many places in the US you have to get special permission to have a gun with you.

Not quite what Jefferson meant when he said that is it?

No one attending the House is armed. No one who visits the White House is armed. In a number of high schools they check to make sure you don't carry a gun. Why is it that with all these clearly open violations of what you seem to think the Second Amendment means is violated each and every day, apparently to no one's imposition, and yet none of the gun owning second amendment thumping brethren in the NRA or yours are up in "arms" about it?

It's simple Colpy. Not a single one of you would no matter how pressed, stand up for the principles these founding fathers had and valued. Not a single one.
You and I both know that the government could say tomorrow that there are no more guns allowed and when the police or military came to your house you would not risk a hair in stopping them from taking each and every gun you owned from you.

So piss off with the rhetoric and get on board. It's time to stop those who are putting guns into the hands of criminals. It's time to stop the trafficking of guns to gangsters and madmen. It's time to close the gun show loophole and end undocumented private sales in the US.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
[/font]

Private sales between two people are not subject to the same regulations firearms dealers are. That the facts jack. Gun shows are made up of about 50% dealers and 50% private citizens.

So you're saying that Joe B has to provide a paper trail when he sells his gun to Bob J in a private sale, in let's say Vermont? It's not true but I would like to see if you lie about it or admit that it's not true.

No you can't. You can make stuff up all you want but it doesn't change the gun show loophole one bit.

So what you mean is you personally don't want to call it the gun show loophole. Instead you want to call it the "under the counter" loophole.

Call it the Bob's luckyduck fricken loophole if that's what gets you through the night. It's still selling guns without a paper trail no questions asked. Just like I said.

You're the cause of the problem. It's time to clean up and you're in the sights now.

No more gun show loophole. No more trafficing guns to criminals. No more Second Amendment out of context crap. Gun owners had plenty of time to resolve the problem and now it's time for someone else to do it. You have a problem with that? Tough.

We have nothing to resolve. You still do not get it, it is not our problem it is yours.

Fastest Shot in the world

Kim Komando’s Video of the Day » Blog Archive » Fastest shot in the world

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Our actions over a hobby as you call it were around long before you were a country. You seem to like to blame everyone else for this problem you have, so be it. Seems to be what everyone does these days. It is not a hobby to some, they take it quite serious. You do have the means at your disposal to have almost zero smuggling of guns into Canada if you so chose, but you don't use it.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Our actions over a hobby as you call it were around long before you were a country. You seem to like to blame everyone else for this problem you have, so be it. Seems to be what everyone does these days. It is not a hobby to some, they take it quite serious. You do have the means at your disposal to have almost zero smuggling of guns into Canada if you so chose, but you don't use it.

Please. :roll:

You're actions cause problems in other countries. America seems to have a long hisotry of this sort of thing. But that's not the point here, the gun show loophole has to be closed. No longer can Americans sell guns to anyone who wants them no questions asked.

That you don't want to be part of the solution, you're only one more fool to brush aside while the changes that need to be made are put into place. Thank goodness that a real president has been elected and we can finally get some control over the idiots that can't control themselves.

Now you will have to be an actual law abiding peaceful gun owner to enjoy the hobby instead of a sociopathic gun trafficking scumbag that profits off the pain and suffering of others.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Don't worry Unforgiven they're getting there....

Selling Toy Cap Guns |

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

You're actions cause problems in other countries. America seems to have a long hisotry of this sort of thing. But that's not the point here, the gun show loophole has to be closed. No longer can Americans sell guns to anyone who wants them no questions asked.

That you don't want to be part of the solution, you're only one more fool to brush aside while the changes that need to be made are put into place. Thank goodness that a real president has been elected and we can finally get some control over the idiots that can't control themselves.

Now you will have to be an actual law abiding peaceful gun owner to enjoy the hobby instead of a sociopathic gun trafficking scumbag that profits off the pain and suffering of others.

The only one here that is losing control over guns seems to be you..... :)

And, BTW, the President can not legitimately over-ride the US Constitution. Isn't that what the left kept accusing the pariah president Bush of doing? (Correctly, IMHO, just so we keep that clear. Mr. Bush had not read the Fifth Amendment)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I get it, it's your actions that are responsible for part of our problem. And a good portion of your own as well. Over a hobby it's stupid to allow it.

Yep. The Americans fought off British troops when they marched into the countryside to seize their golf clubs in the first battle of the American Revolution.........later the American people used these clubs in a successful attempt to rid the Thirteen Colonies of their colonial masters.

Do you have the slightest concept of how lacking in understanding of the basic concepts of political freedom you are????

Cheap accessible firearms and modern democracy are parallel developments.....

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yet no arms in Court, none on a plane, aren't American rights being violated Colpy? No guns allowed in jail, why in many places in the US you have to get special permission to have a gun with you.

No one attending the House is armed. No one who visits the White House is armed. In a number of high schools they check to make sure you don't carry a gun. Why is it that with all these clearly open violations of what you seem to think the Second Amendment means is violated each and every day, apparently to no one's imposition, and yet none of the gun owning second amendment thumping brethren in the NRA or yours are up in "arms" about it?

It's simple Colpy. Not a single one of you would no matter how pressed, stand up for the principles these founding fathers had and valued. Not a single one.
You and I both know that the government could say tomorrow that there are no more guns allowed and when the police or military came to your house you would not risk a hair in stopping them from taking each and every gun you owned from you.

So piss off with the rhetoric and get on board. It's time to stop those who are putting guns into the hands of criminals. It's time to stop the trafficking of guns to gangsters and madmen. It's time to close the gun show loophole and end undocumented private sales in the US.

Criminals surrender rights, as I pointed out before, when they are convicted.

Many of the things you list otherwise are CLEAR violations of the Second Amendment.....including any attempt to restrict private sales.

Only people like yourself are willing to throw out the Bill of Rights for some obsessive need to be coddled by their government........if you were honest, you would admit the ONLY valid and reputable method of restricting firearms in the USA is to amend the Bill of Rights.....which is, at this point in time, impossible.

So give it up. Your campaign is despicable, a back-door attempt to scuttle the peoples' rights..... as another of those monstrous, gun-loving, idiot Americans so clearly said....

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.​
Right on, Ben!

I don't have to stand in the way of the police and get killed to defend my right to keep arms.....all I have to do is what huge numbers of Canadians have done already.....make damned sure the gov't doesn't know where all the weapons are.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Just finished a call to the registration center, seems like changes had been made since the last time I had logged in in 2001.....I'm happy to say that I confirmed over the phone, that their records match mine...:smile:
That's cool. :) Rare, but cool.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

It's pretty evident that he was inferring Joe Average, not Fred Nefarious. Criminals give up their rights when they act against the law. It isn't a tough concept. Private people sell firearms to each other without due process and they criminalise themselves. Also, not a tough concept. The difference in Canada is that most people followed the rules and yet the gov't basically turned them into criminals just be legislation. Good people follow the rules unless the rules are inane or insane.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I get it, it's your actions that are responsible for part of our problem. And a good portion of your own as well. Over a hobby it's stupid to allow it.
:roll:Some people make a living doing that "hobby". So I guess building vehicles and furniture are "hobbies", too.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

Then no longer can Canadians go get firearms from Americans illegally. It's a two-way street. Keep Canadians from buying illegally and keep Americans from selling illegally.