Gun Control is Completely Useless.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
You know, I am almost to the point of thinking seriously if the gov't can't do much about criminals, they should at least let us shoot back at them. Maybe a couple thumps on the breastbone or noggin with a couple rubber bullets might smarten some of them up.
Perhaps a sign outside the house saying, "This is a military household, your activities better be law-abiding or you will be dealt with. If you aren't law-abiding, the house is rigged".

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Question: is this so called gun show loophole that your referring to allowed in Canada?​
No. Unforgiven is squawking about a gunshow loophole in your country, as if that's where most illegal guns coming into Canada come from.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
You know the funny thing is you buy maybe 1 or 2 guns at a show or from an individual, not cases like he intimates. If someone buys a weapon complete with papers then sell it to a Canadian who then uses it in a crime, the trail will still not cross the border back to the owner. I don't think we would share a National data base with the world. I could just visualize private information being broadcasted to the world.

http://www.automagpistol.com/

:pirate:​

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Now, this is not second hand information, this is personal, proving that this gun registry is hogwash....
This afternoon after reading this thread, I decide to access my file under my my F.A.C. #.
First I find out it has been transferred from Miramichi to the R.C.M.P......then when I finally get in...I find out that that a double barrel "Boito" coach gun I purchased in 2001 is not in my file, but three pistols, one 357 SP 101, one 44 Ruger Super Blackhawk, and one 28 gauge Booth pistol, that I sold in 2005 still are in my file.....
Now I have the hard copy and confirmation letters from the registry office in my safe for all those transactions...

Tomorrow morning I have to call some people for a friendly chat....and in the morning , before my second cup of coffee, I'm not too friendly:lol:

Now...I don't know if something got lost in the data base transfer... but thank goodness my paranoia makes me keep hard copies of everything

Now I gotta call a friend tonight in Toronto, who is an antique firearms dealer/collector and have him check his internet file for irregularities....but I know he keeps good paperwork......while for me , it's only four firearms, for him, it could be considerably more.

Hopefully it's a glitch only affecting the online files.....

Now.... will anyone tell me to have faith in that bullsh*t bureaucracy with a straight face????

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Now, this is not second hand information, this is personal, proving that this gun registry is hogwash....
This afternoon after reading this thread, I decide to access my file under my my F.A.C. #.
First I find out it has been transferred from Miramichi to the R.C.M.P......then when I finally get in...I find out that that a double barrel "Boito" coach gun I purchased in 2001 is not in my file, but three pistols, one 357 SP 101, one 44 Ruger Super Blackhawk, and one 28 gauge Booth pistol, that I sold in 2005 still are in my file.....
Now I have the hard copy and confirmation letters from the registry office in my safe for all those transactions...

Tomorrow morning I have to call some people for a friendly chat....and in the morning , before my second cup of coffee, I'm not too friendly:lol:

Now...I don't know if something got lost in the data base transfer... but thank goodness my paranoia makes me keep hard copies of everything

Now I gotta call a friend tonight in Toronto, who is an antique firearms dealer/collector and have him check his internet file for irregularities....but I know he keeps good paperwork......while for me , it's only four firearms, for him, it could be considerably more.

Hopefully it's a glitch only affecting the online files.....

Now.... will anyone tell me to have faith in that bullsh*t bureaucracy with a straight face????

The old registry was so botched that it was not admissible in court. The new one is as bad, if not worse.....and will also not be admissible as evidence. If you are unjustly charged with any firearms offense.....call the National Firearms Association, who have accumulated much legal precedent in the area.....they saved the butt of a local who was accused of ownership of an unregistered handgun...

In fact, if you own a gun, call the NFA, and join.

Be careful what you say to these idiots....you might wind up needing the NFA's expertise......

Everybody, and I do mean everybody, that has dealt with the bureaucracy at length, has a horror story.....don't get me started on the ones I know of personally....including my own.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
You know the funny thing is you buy maybe 1 or 2 guns at a show or from an individual, not cases like he intimates. If someone buys a weapon complete with papers then sell it to a Canadian who then uses it in a crime, the trail will still not cross the border back to the owner. I don't think we would share a National data base with the world. I could just visualize private information being broadcasted to the world.

:pirate:​

BINGO! The entire fiasco is soooo stupid, as all one would require in the USA is someone resident to go into ANY store and buy a firearm.....then resell it 10 minutes later to the "gangbangers".

The "gunshow loophole" is, of course, a complete red herring foisted on the weak-minded by the anti-gun lobby in an attempt to harass for no good reason gun owners in the USA.

Completely idiotic.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

:pirate:

I am not sure if you simply don't grasp the context that I am posting about the gun show loophole, or if you are purposefully acting obtuse.

Many States have no regulations at all about private gun sales. You can sell your gun to someone else without filing any paper work with anyone. You don't have to record anything on paper or anything. So selling your gun to someone doesn't require a single thing. This makes it not only easy to buy a gun, but difficult to stop someone from trafficking guns that are purchased legally then sold privately without any record of who bought it, when or if they were allowed to have a gun.

The Canadian connection is that someone who wants to can sell a gun to someone who will smuggle it into Canada and it ends up killing or injuring an innocent bystander.

And so it is that I feel the gun show loophole should be closed in all States while preserving the rights of legitimate and peaceful gun owners to enjoy their hobby.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
BINGO! The entire fiasco is soooo stupid, as all one would require in the USA is someone resident to go into ANY store and buy a firearm.....then resell it 10 minutes later to the "gangbangers".

The "gunshow loophole" is, of course, a complete red herring foisted on the weak-minded by the anti-gun lobby in an attempt to harass for no good reason gun owners in the USA.

Completely idiotic.

So what you're saying is that there is no gun bought at a gun show in the US that ends up on Canadian streets involved in crime?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The old registry was so botched that it was not admissible in court. The new one is as bad, if not worse.....and will also not be admissible as evidence. If you are unjustly charged with any firearms offense.....call the National Firearms Association, who have accumulated much legal precedent in the area.....they saved the butt of a local who was accused of ownership of an unregistered handgun...

Be careful what you say to these idiots....you might wind up needing the NFA's expertise......

Everybody, and I do mean everybody, that has dealt with the bureaucracy at length, has a horror story.....don't get me started on the ones I know of personally....including my own.
The last time I called them to check the database against my records was just at the beginning of the long gun registry, and at the time, everything matched so I got rid of old files I had of transactions in the '60s and '70s...but I still have copies of transactions from the '80s on, so I'm not worried about going to court or anything, Just pissed of that four transactions are missing so that theoretically if one of those guns I sold would be used in the commission of a crime, I would have to maybe not spend money to defend myself but it would be a waste of my time...although I personally know where those firearms are right now...(the advantage of living in a small town)

Edit: Been a member of the NFA for years...Was automatic when becoming a member of the Kapuskasing rod and gun club....for the liability insurance provided...then they switched to O.F.O.A.H.

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

I think the one person who best shows how much of an insane pile of crap the firearms registry is in Canada is Garry Breitkreuz. He's amassed thousands of anecdotes, statistics, facts, etc. pointing to the idiocy. (He's probably one of the handful of politicians I have any respect for. There's a couple in the territories that are pretty decent).

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Just remember, we all have to work together to close the gun show loophole that allows so called "law abiding" gun owners to traffic firearms to gangsters and organized crime, no questions asked.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
First lets see you guys stop blaming everyone else and stop trafficking in guns in Canada. Solve your mini hang-ups first if you can. I would start with a Canada first policy rather than what the Provinces want. You see we in the U.S. do not have the problem's, paranoia with firearm ownership that you seem to have. Stop worrying about what the other guy has all the time, like little children. Worry about yourselves.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
First lets see you guys stop blaming everyone else and stop trafficking in guns in Canada. Solve your mini hang-ups first if you can. I would start with a Canada first policy rather than what the Provinces want. You see we in the U.S. do not have the problem's, paranoia with firearm ownership that you seem to have. Stop worrying about what the other guy has all the time, like little children. Worry about yourselves.

You see that's because you're American, and few Americans can understand there are people outside of there own narrow view of what they want. You as an American don't understand gun control or care if what you do affect anyone one else. Have a look at your foreign policy.

What you are saying here is about the same as Canadians using the great lakes as a toxic dump and telling you to clean up your own side if you want it clean.

Americans supply most of the trafficed guns that come into Canada and wind up used in crime. Even though they're killing Canadians, you don't understand why it's your problem. Yet when someone sends people to America that use planes to kill Americans, then it's all about doing something where they came from. Or even where they didn't under the same premise.

And so it is Ironsides that I say you don't know what you're talking about which excludes you from the reasonable debate on the gun show loophole.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Just finished a call to the registration center, seems like changes had been made since the last time I had logged in in 2001.....I'm happy to say that I confirmed over the phone, that their records match mine...:smile:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I can't wait until tomorrow morning when that bull elk eats it's last bushel of my barley and it's liver is on my plate tomorrow night.

That registers just fine by me.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
You see that's because you're American, and few Americans can understand there are people outside of there own narrow view of what they want. You as an American don't understand gun control or care if what you do affect anyone one else. Have a look at your foreign policy.

What you are saying here is about the same as Canadians using the great lakes as a toxic dump and telling you to clean up your own side if you want it clean.

Americans supply most of the trafficed guns that come into Canada and wind up used in crime. Even though they're killing Canadians, you don't understand why it's your problem. Yet when someone sends people to America that use planes to kill Americans, then it's all about doing something where they came from. Or even where they didn't under the same premise.

I have no idea where you get the idea that a gun bought at a gun show passes on with out paper work. A long gun can be sold without leaving a paper trail, a handgun cannot. I'll give you a example of what you are spouting. I can go to Toronto and get any drugs/anti biotic I want over the counter without a prescription. See you have loopholes in your drug system. Is there any truth in what I said, of course not. Any truth in what you have said, of course not. The only way you could purchase a handgun in the U.S. would be what we call under the counter. (If someone was to sell you a gun personally, no one else involved) If you have a gun problem, clean up your own mess, stop blaming everyone else in the world for your problems.