Which Cartoon Adult Show do you prefer

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
There's a reason that the Simpsons and Futurama are far and away better than the others.

Simpsons has had its good seasons and bad.

For good entertainment, find some of Groening's old books, Life is Hell, etc.

I prefer Futurama to the Simpson's any day of the week. I used to watch the Simpson's religiously but I have found the series to be rather stale for most of the 2000's.

Thanks for the suggestion on his books.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Moral Orel ..with it`s oh-so Christian values and the revealing hypocrisy behind it.

South Park...uh`kay?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Te more absurd a comedy is, the funnier it is.

That is why Seinfeld was and still is the all time funniest sit com.

That is why Family Guy is the funniest adult cartoon show.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I prefer Futurama to the Simpson's any day of the week. I used to watch the Simpson's religiously but I have found the series to be rather stale for most of the 2000's.

Thanks for the suggestion on his books.

I agree. The Simpsons used to be a show that I would watch whenever I could, even if I had seen that particular episode before. Now, I don't even watch it. While there are some moments that are funny, the quality has stagnated. I am content to just purchase the season box-sets on DVD and catch up from there. I have the first 10 seasons so far.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Its called `growing up` Shadow. Perhaps you`ve found more interest in the opposite sex about this time in your life? Finding more time for other things in life other than the baby-sitter you were brought up with?
Just a thought as you`ve all-ways come across as a confused and frustrated individual since I`ve known you.:-(

I agree. The Simpsons used to be a show that I would watch whenever I could, even if I had seen that particular episode before. Now, I don't even watch it. While there are some moments that are funny, the quality has stagnated. I am content to just purchase the season box-sets on DVD and catch up from there. I have the first 10 seasons so far.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Its called `growing up` Shadow. Perhaps you`ve found more interest in the opposite sex about this time in your life? Finding more time for other things in life other than the baby-sitter you were brought up with?
Just a thought as you`ve all-ways come across as a confused and frustrated individual since I`ve known you.:-(

You don't know me at all(thank goodness). Why don't you go back to cutting & pasting your drivel that no one agrees with, 'kay?:roll:

Reactions: EagleSmack

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Te more absurd a comedy is, the funnier it is.

That is why Seinfeld was and still is the all time funniest sit com.

That is why Family Guy is the funniest adult cartoon show.

Family Guy is a badly written, juvenile pale imitation of the Simpsons.
The writing is pedestrian and like something my friends would have done in Grade 8.
Seinfeld was amusing, but not truly funny.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
The funniest part of the simpsons for me was the gambling episode

Marge comes back home and theres bullet holes in the bedroom door. And when she opens it, homer and the kids are hiding behind the mattress...Because lisa thought the boogeyman was in her closet LOL.....

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

So he should follow you path perhaps and post angry rants about all the injustices in the world? Shadow is a far more balanced person then you could ever hope to be. Now go watch Al-Jazeera and find another cause to whine about.

Reactions: shadowshiv

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Of the 4 listed,American Dad is my pet fave, But,Robot Chicken has to be the nastiest show on the Cartoon Network[and i love it!]

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Bugs Bunny and Tweety re-runs, with Foghorn Leghorn, et al.

They're about as adult as one gets, no >?

Mehhhhhhh, to each his own.:p

Quite right, that is my favorite cartoon show as well. My son stopped watching it, but I haven’t.

You should also have included Bugs Bunny, Frances.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Bugs bunny is the only one I like, have liked it since I was old enough to read comic
books, then watched it on tv later.
I have never watched any of the so-called adult cartoons, not interested.

Last edited:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Bugs bunny is the only one I like, have liked it since I was old enough to read comic
books, then watched it on tv later.
I have never watched any of the so-called adult cartoons, not interested.

Me too. I prefer children's cartoon, Bugs Bunny or Disney cartoons (Mickey Mouse etc.).