Chocolate may reduce risk in pregnancy

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Chocolate may reduce risk in pregnancy | News.com.au

EATING chocolate at least three times a week could halve the risk of pregnant women developing a condition that can threaten the lives of both mothers and babies.

Research has found that women who regularly eat chocolate are less likely to suffer from pre-eclampsia, one of the most common causes of complications during pregnancy, The (London) Daily Telegraph reported.

Pre-eclampsia can cause pregnancy complications after blood vessels in the placenta fail to develop. The major symptom of the condition is elevated blood pressure in the mother.

The condition affects the unborn child by disrupting the transfer of nutrients, leading to premature birth and other complications.

Researchers at Yale University in the US questioned 2500 women on their dietary habits during pregnancy as part of the study.

Nearly half the women who did not develop high blood pressure reported that they had eaten chocolate regularly.

The research is due to be published in the American journal Annals of Epidemiology.

Some information for those who are interested.... what happens if you eat more then that a week though?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
i thought it said Reduce risk OF Pregnancy!

was gonna say "load up yer women with chocolate before sex!!!"

That was my first thought too until I re-read the header, lol.... though if true, I don't think one would get much opposition from the ladies.....

Is sex better then chocolate?

Who cares? Have both at the same time..... :lol:

But back on track a bit.... I still find it humorous how in the past we were told all these things were bad for us and we should start eating more healthy, yet in recent years the same things we were told were bad for us are being found to actually benefit us.