Garlic for high blood pressure

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Has anyone experimented with Garlic to see if it lowers High blood pressure and if so what results did you achieve?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Has anyone experimented with Garlic to see if it lowers High blood pressure and if so what results did you achieve?
Have you ever tried Strauss Heart Drops. The are basically garlic juice, cayenne and Hawthorn berry mixture. I avoided triple bi-pass using it for three months. Try a good vitamin B stress formula (Prozac without the side effects) stewed rhubarb (1 cup a day for two weeks, 1 week off and repeat for another 2 weeks - Draino for the arteries) Co-Q ten is good too. Keeps the heart in balance, the mind calm and the knife away from your chest.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Have you ever tried Strauss Heart Drops. The are basically garlic juice, cayenne and Hawthorn berry mixture. I avoided triple bi-pass using it for three months. Try a good vitamin B stress formula (Prozac without the side effects) stewed rhubarb (1 cup a day for two weeks, 1 week off and repeat for another 2 weeks - Draino for the arteries) Co-Q ten is good too. Keeps the heart in balance, the mind calm and the knife away from your chest.

Thanks Cliff. I'm basically a healthy sort but have had borderline blood pressure for years, for which I've taken mild medication, and have just started taking Garlic capsules as I have been told they work for some people. That stewed rhubarb sounds good (if it doesn't have you "running" after other problems. :lol:)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Thanks Cliff. I'm basically a healthy sort but have had borderline blood pressure for years, for which I've taken mild medication, and have just started taking Garlic capsules as I have been told they work for some people. That stewed rhubarb sounds good (if it doesn't have you "running" after other problems. :lol:)
Take half a cup in the morning and half in the evening and you won't have to worry about having the trots.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
would you like to help lower Jenn and I's blood pressure? ;)

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I agree YukonJack... I put garlic in or on darn near everything I cook. If it's good for blood pressure, mine should be good for a lifetime. lol.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I agree YukonJack... I put garlic in or on darn near everything I cook. If it's good for blood pressure, mine should be good for a lifetime. lol.
Well, if you were older or he was younger, you should be married to my husband. He wants garlic on everything. I like garlic but a change is nice too. I guess I'm lucky in a way. Unlike many people, I have low blood pressure but not so low I have to do anything about it. Causes the odd dizzy spell once in awhile but that's it.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Bananas works to lower BP. :)
B complex does, too.
Garlic is just tasty, to me. I have no idea if it lowers BP or not.