Neanderthals Not Totally Extinct

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
As I said when my anthro friend posted this in the morning....

"this explains my husband"

*snerk*

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
It would be tempting to liken and compare some posters here to Neanderthals, but it would be disrespectful of the dead.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Apparently those of Europeans ancestry have about one to four percent Neanderthal DNA. Now if someone says "Stop acting like a Neanderthal," those with Neanderthal ancestry can claim that they are only acting in character. That certainly explains the way I act.

Neanderthal DNA survives in modern humans

I heard the same thing on C.B.C. this morning. There may be a couple of them on the forum...........................:lol::lol:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Has anyone seen the movie the 13th warrior?
very few people know that that story was taken from journals that really exsists .
the book was formally know as Eater of the Dead.
The discription of the tribe that was attacking the scandanavin village resembled alot like neanderthals.
This story takes place in the 900's

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
One of my neighbors looks exactly like the "Iceman". He doesn't drag his knuckles but he could with very little effort. The man is very well spoken and is an interesting guy to talk to. He says he took all the ribbing when he was a kid and it doesn't bother him any more. He says he is thankful neither of his kids look kike him.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Has anyone seen the movie the 13th warrior?
very few people know that that story was taken from journals that really exsists .
the book was formally know as Eater of the Dead.
The discription of the tribe that was attacking the scandanavin village resembled alot like neanderthals.
This story takes place in the 900's
Yup. Pretty neat show, I thought. Hollywood, as usual, though, took a few liberties with the facts.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
People think it's funny to stereotype Neandertals as low class brutes/losers but in fact they had music, art and culture.
Australopithecus had those before Neanderthals. So?

They may even have had advanced mathematics
It's an hypothesis, yes. People can drive cars without understanding how engines work, though. Sophisticated brain functions have been evolving for thousands of thousands of years and are still evolving so it is unlikely that those people had the same intelligence we do.