Anti-vaccine movement endangers West Coast


Tonington
#1
There is an outbreak in Vancouver of a deadly yet preventable disease, measles. Of the 14 cases in the last month, 10 are from one household who were not vaccinated and caught the disease from out of country visitors. Of the rest, none of them had the recommended two doses to provide the best protection. A 15th case has been identified, though not yet confirmed by laboratory analysis.

The outbreak took place during the Olympics, when many people were visiting the lower mainland. An outbreak of the mumps in 2008 was similarly started in a population of anti-vaccine folks in BC.

These days, it's very rare to see any cases of the measles at all, when only a generation ago, there were yearly over 4 million cases a year in the US alone.

Officials are watching in Washington, as there is a large population of anti-vaccine folk in the state.

This disease is one of the most highly contagious viral diseases, but is easily prevented with up-to-date immunization. Unfortunately a large number of folk are being persuaded to avoid these jabs over unfounded fears of links to autism.

One family is all it takes. Many people forget or just don't bother to get their boosters, and then an outbreak occurs.

Insanity.
 
AnnaG
#2
Yup, it's nuts. Stupid, too. Selfishly endangering other people to satisfy one's own biases is stupid.

Immunisation - News - Increase In Autism Most Likely Due To Changing Diagnostic Practices (external - login to view)

But even if mumps/measles immunisation did cause autism, a whole population has to be endangered because a few cases out of millions developed autism?
 
AnnaG
#3
Quote:

The term "autism" refers to a cluster of conditions appearing early in childhood. All involve severe impairments in social interaction, communication, imaginative abilities, and rigid, repetitive behaviors.

Autism - children, causes, DSM, functioning, effects, adults, drug, people, used, medication, brain, personality, skills, health, mood, Definition, Description (external - login to view)

And yet there are about 4 cases in 10,000 of autism. I think these panicky, anti-shot parents need reality checks.




 
wulfie68
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaGView Post

Yup, it's nuts. Stupid, too. Selfishly endangering other people to satisfy one's own biases is stupid.

Immunisation - News - Increase In Autism Most Likely Due To Changing Diagnostic Practices (external - login to view)

But even if mumps/measles immunisation did cause autism, a whole population has to be endangered because a few cases out of millions developed autism?

This is like the discussion we had with our infant son's pediatrician and a couple other physicians. We had heard a little bit about autism links with some vaccinations and opinions seem to be varied... but even those doctors who believe in the risk of a link generally feel the risk of the infant getting the disease is higher/a more dangerous threat than the risk of autism. Even if my son develops autism, at least he'll be alive.
 
AnnaG
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by wulfie68View Post

This is like the discussion we had with our infant son's pediatrician and a couple other physicians. We had heard a little bit about autism links with some vaccinations and opinions seem to be varied... but even those doctors who believe in the risk of a link generally feel the risk of the infant getting the disease is higher/a more dangerous threat than the risk of autism. Even if my son develops autism, at least he'll be alive.

... and it isn't as if the child wouldn't be able to learn how to function later on in life. But if he or she dies from measles, mumps, rubella or whatever disease, it'd be rather moot.
 
The Old Medic
#6
The ignorant unfortunately tend to believe what the silly teach them. Sadly, there is a very tiny, but very militant minority that actively fights against any form of health advance.

They forget that parents used to have to look forward to losing between 10 and 20% of their children to childhood diseases. They forget that parents used to literally dread summers, when Polio was most commonly contracted. They also do not realize that Influenza, the common flu, is STILL one of the biggest killers in the world.

They teach that vaccines are harmful. They spread this "knowledge' like missionaries spreading religion. What they are in reality doing is condemning innocent children to death by their extreme ignorance.

There has yet to be a single empirical study anywhere in the world that has show that any vaccine has any harmful effects to the vast majority of children. But that matters not to the truly converted, they have read that vaccines are harmful, that they cause autism and God alone knows what else. And in their fervor, they kill.

God help this country, or any other, where their influence is spreading. Once more, it demonstrates what happens when the unlearned inmates are in charge of the asylum.
 
Dexter Sinister
#7
Ah, looks like another voice of reason has joined us. Glad to have you aboard, Old Medic.
 
VanIsle
#8
I live this close to Vancouver and I've never heard of a measles outbreak there and I read the news everyday. Doesn't seem like something we would miss! Oh well.
 
Tonington
#9
Local news for you then:
Authorities confirm 83 measles cases in B.C. (external - login to view)
 
Praxius
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

There is an outbreak in Vancouver of a deadly yet preventable disease, measles. Of the 14 cases in the last month, 10 are from one household who were not vaccinated and caught the disease from out of country visitors. Of the rest, none of them had the recommended two doses to provide the best protection. A 15th case has been identified, though not yet confirmed by laboratory analysis.

The outbreak took place during the Olympics, when many people were visiting the lower mainland. An outbreak of the mumps in 2008 was similarly started in a population of anti-vaccine folks in BC.

These days, it's very rare to see any cases of the measles at all, when only a generation ago, there were yearly over 4 million cases a year in the US alone.

Officials are watching in Washington, as there is a large population of anti-vaccine folk in the state.

This disease is one of the most highly contagious viral diseases, but is easily prevented with up-to-date immunization. Unfortunately a large number of folk are being persuaded to avoid these jabs over unfounded fears of links to autism.

One family is all it takes. Many people forget or just don't bother to get their boosters, and then an outbreak occurs.

Insanity.

If you're vaccinated, what do you care? The only real risk is towards others who never got the shots, thus if you don't like the fact that some people don't get vaccinated, don't worry, based on your assumptions, they'll all be dead soon enough from their illnesses and the only people left alive are those already vaccinated..... problem solved.

I got shots for it all growing up and I still got the chicken pox and the measles as a kid.

Just because a child gets one of these things, doesn't automatically mean they're going to die.

You speak about one single family putting everybody else at risk (which isn't even the case) thus it sounds to me like you're trying to justify mandatory vaccinations even without a person's approval..... you complain about these people spreading unfounded and exaggerated arguments over remote chances of side effects like autism, yet you're doing the exact same thing over a very small amount of cases.... acting like these very few cases will somehow create the next black plague.

Pot meet kettle.

You think the chances of autism from shots is remote.... and others can argue that the chances of one or two people not getting the shot and causing some massive outbreak in illness is just as, if not more, remote.

Besides, the whole argument on Measles and children dying from them is a bit skewed, since the majority of children who die from measles are under the age allowed for vaccines in the first place.

Vaccination Statistics
Vaccination Statistics (external - login to view)

Quote:

A 1992 study published in The American Journal of Epidemiology shows that children die at a rate 8 times greater than normal within three days after getting a DPT vaccination.
A preliminary study by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) found children who received the HiB vaccine ... were found to be 5 times more likely to contract the disease than children who had not received the vaccine.
In the New England Journal of Medicine July 1994 issue a study found that over 80% of children under 5 years of age who had contracted whooping cough had been fully vaccinated.
In 1977 Dr Jonas Salk (inventor of the Salk polio vaccine) testified with other scientists that 87% of the polio cases which occurred in the US since 1970 were the by-product of the polio vaccine.
The Sabin oral polio vaccine (OPV) is the only known cause of polio in the us today.
...

Quote has been trimmed



Lots of interesting info on that link.


I think the last shot I ever got was when I was about 15-16 years old and got my flu shot at school.... in about the span of 1-2 days I went from being normal and healthy, to being bedridden for a week, hallucinating, vomiting every time I moved, unable to eat, couldn't sleep because of nightmares, high fever, and was the worst illness I ever experienced in my entire life..... and the only thing that was different in the last month up to that point was me getting vaccinated the day or so before.


Since then I refused to get vaccinated and I never had a flu, or any other illness since (besides the typical common cold from time to time which has always been minor)- 15 years and counting...... meanwhile in the first 15 years of my life, I was continually sick from one thing or another..... and given regular vaccinations too.


So unless you can explain to me some sort of justification for me to stick that crap back into my body and suffer weeks on end with one illness or another, just to give you peace of mind, you can all kiss my pucker.

 
Praxius
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaGView Post

... and it isn't as if the child wouldn't be able to learn how to function later on in life. But if he or she dies from measles, mumps, rubella or whatever disease, it'd be rather moot.

You act as though getting Measles, Mumps or whatever will automatically mean their death.... or that the vaccines for them will 100% ensure they never get those illnesses...... my own personal experiences prove that to be false.
 
karrie
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

If you're vaccinated, what do you care? The only real risk is towards others who never got the shots,.... the majority of children who die from measles are under the age allowed for vaccines in the first place.

I hope you'll forgive me editing out the rest, but I wanted you to hear what you'd actually pointed out in your article. THIS is why people get up in arms about the breakthrough mini-epidemics, because if you do pass it on to others, it is often high risk groups like infants who haven't had a chance to get the shot yet, and run a higher mortality risk.
 
darkbeaver
#13
genesgreenbook.com/resources/...phs-RO2009.pdf (external - login to view)


Charted evidence of efficacy of vaccination programs from reliable data.
 
darkbeaver
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

There is an outbreak in Vancouver of a deadly yet preventable disease, measles. Of the 14 cases in the last month, 10 are from one household who were not vaccinated and caught the disease from out of country visitors. Of the rest, none of them had the recommended two doses to provide the best protection. A 15th case has been identified, though not yet confirmed by laboratory analysis.

The outbreak took place during the Olympics, when many people were visiting the lower mainland. An outbreak of the mumps in 2008 was similarly started in a population of anti-vaccine folks in BC.

These days, it's very rare to see any cases of the measles at all, when only a generation ago, there were yearly over 4 million cases a year in the US alone.

Officials are watching in Washington, as there is a large population of anti-vaccine folk in the state.

This disease is one of the most highly contagious viral diseases, but is easily prevented with up-to-date immunization. Unfortunately a large number of folk are being persuaded to avoid these jabs over unfounded fears of links to autism.

One family is all it takes. Many people forget or just don't bother to get their boosters, and then an outbreak occurs.

Insanity.

Ten members of a household of how many? How big was the house? What were the hygene crircumstances? The fears about autism are solidly backed up by science. There is reason to fear vaccination, there is reason to pursue further open scientific investigation. In every case outbreaks occur where hygene and nutrition are questionable. There is every evidence that remediation of those concerns invokes spread suppression and virtually none to support the vaccine programs.
 
Praxius
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

I hope you'll forgive me editing out the rest, but I wanted you to hear what you'd actually pointed out in your article. THIS is why people get up in arms about the breakthrough mini-epidemics, because if you do pass it on to others, it is often high risk groups like infants who haven't had a chance to get the shot yet, and run a higher mortality risk.

Oh well.... take your chances with an illness, take your chances with a vaccine, or take your chances with the side effects of the vaccine.... either way, someone is being put at risk over one thing or another.

I owe no legal responsibility for taking care of the well being of everybody around me just because they have weaker immune systems then I, which is similar to me not having the right to sue you for pressuring me into getting a vaccine that I once again have severe side effects from that lay me up in bed for another week, missing out on a week of work/pay and/or perhaps suffer even worse side effects then I did before...... just to satisfy your and everybody else's hangups on the remote chance I may or may not contract one of the above illnesses and may or may not transmit the illness to someone else, whom the vaccine they took may or may not ensure they're protected in the first place.

I will concern myself with the well being of myself and my family. If I feel a vaccine is justified for myself or for them, then I will consider it.... it is not my place to dictate what you or others do with your own bodies, thus it is clearly not your place to dictate to me what I do with mine.

And if people have a problem with that, then they can do themselves, you and I all a favor and stay the hell away from me.
 
AnnaG
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by The Old MedicView Post

The ignorant unfortunately tend to believe what the silly teach them. Sadly, there is a very tiny, but very militant minority that actively fights against any form of health advance.

They forget that parents used to have to look forward to losing between 10 and 20% of their children to childhood diseases. They forget that parents used to literally dread summers, when Polio was most commonly contracted. They also do not realize that Influenza, the common flu, is STILL one of the biggest killers in the world.

They teach that vaccines are harmful. They spread this "knowledge' like missionaries spreading religion. What they are in reality doing is condemning innocent children to death by their extreme ignorance.

There has yet to be a single empirical study anywhere in the world that has show that any vaccine has any harmful effects to the vast majority of children. But that matters not to the truly converted, they have read that vaccines are harmful, that they cause autism and God alone knows what else. And in their fervor, they kill.

God help this country, or any other, where their influence is spreading. Once more, it demonstrates what happens when the unlearned inmates are in charge of the asylum.

Pretty much.
 
AnnaG
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

If you're vaccinated, what do you care? The only real risk is towards others who never got the shots, thus if you don't like the fact that some people don't get vaccinated, don't worry, based on your assumptions, they'll all be dead soon enough from their illnesses and the only people left alive are those already vaccinated..... problem solved.

I got shots for it all growing up and I still got the chicken pox and the measles as a kid.

Did you die from the pox or measles, though? How do you know that the shots did not prevent you from dying of the diseases? How do you know the shots didn't give your immune system the edge it needed to fight off the diseases?

Quote:

Just because a child gets one of these things, doesn't automatically mean they're going to die.

Just because a child gets a disease and doesn't die from it, does not mean the disease can't kill either.
 
AnnaG
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

You act as though getting Measles, Mumps or whatever will automatically mean their death.... or that the vaccines for them will 100% ensure they never get those illnesses...... my own personal experiences prove that to be false.

Read my last post.
 
Praxius
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

genesgreenbook.com/resources/...phs-RO2009.pdf (external - login to view)

Charted evidence of efficacy of vaccination programs from reliable data.

lol... those charts remind me of the Global Warming debate, where they show graphs from the start of the industrial revolution compared to pollution/CO2..... sure it looks like it's sky-rocketing, but if you look further back using ice core data, you'd see the much bigger picture not being shown.

The above clearly shows the level of contraction of the listed illnesses were already on a heavy declined long before a vaccine for those illnesses were introduced and even at that stage of introduction, the drop in cases began to slow down and level out.... thus appearing to make the decline worse then if the vaccine never was introduced in the first place.

The key is always hygiene...... keep your home clean, keep your body clean, don't lick the seats at the bus stop and you'll do just fine without most, if not all, vaccines.

Hey if people want to keep injecting themselves and their children with this crap out of fear mongering and paranoia, thus risking some serious side effects or an illness hitting you even harder because that illness is already in your system from the vaccine (Most vaccines use either a dormant or partially dormant version of the virus/illness it's meant to protect against) ~ Knock yourself out..... fill yer boots.

Keep your children away from the dirt and other kids, constantly bath them in anti-biotic gels and creams so there's no bacteria whatsoever that touches their skins or get into their bodies..... never give your children's immune system a chance to develop on its own and become strong..... wrap them up in some big plastic bubble to protect them from the evils of the world.

I'll just be sitting here, wallowing in my own mud pit, eating peanut butter sandwiches, rubbing weeds and pollen all over my muddy body, drinking large glasses of milk and letting hornets and bees take turns stinging the crap out of me..... all the while I have someone who's got a severe case of the flu stir my mud pit.

Sorry, but I'll take my chances with Nature over some clown with a needle any day.
 
AnnaG
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

genesgreenbook.com/resources/...phs-RO2009.pdf (external - login to view)


Charted evidence of efficacy of vaccination programs from reliable data.

So? There have been cases where vaccines have actually been helpful, too, you know.
This guy seems to be a reliable source, too: The Anti-Immunization Activists: A Pattern of Deception (external - login to view)
 
The Old Medic
#21
To the person who claims that a study shows that children die within 3 days of receiving the vaccine. This is NOT a real study at all, it was never published in any real medical journal, and it is totally and completely fake. It was written as a letter, from a NON_PHYSICIAN.

I am so sick of these fanatics faking science. They make things up, quote articles that simply do not exist, and manipulate and twist the few that actually do.

The reality is, around the world, millions of children have, and still do, die of measles, rubella, chicken pox, pertussis, etc. Nothing you can claim, or the fact that YOU did not die from them, changes that simple fact.
 
AnnaG
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

lol... those charts remind me of the Global Warming debate, where they show graphs from the start of the industrial revolution compared to pollution/CO2..... sure it looks like it's sky-rocketing, but if you look further back using ice core data, you'd see the much bigger picture not being shown.
The above clearly shows the level of contraction of the listed illnesses were already on a heavy declined long before a vaccine for those illnesses were introduced and even at that stage of introduction, the drop in cases began to slow down and level out.... thus appearing to make the decline worse then if the vaccine never was introduced in the first place.
The key is always hygiene...... keep your home clean, keep your body clean, don't lick the seats at the bus stop and you'll do just fine without most, if not all, vaccines.
Hey if people want to keep injecting themselves and their children with this crap out of fear mongering and paranoia, thus risking some serious side effects or an illness hitting you even harder because that illness is already in your system from the vaccine (Most vaccines use either a dormant or partially dormant version of the virus/illness it's meant to protect against) ~ Knock yourself out..... fill yer boots.
Keep your children away from the dirt and other kids, constantly bath them in anti-biotic gels and creams so there's no bacteria whatsoever that touches their skins or get into their...

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
In the meantime, there are folks who refuse vaccinations running around endangering kids before the kids have a chance to develop immunities or get vaccines. How very noble.
 
petros
#23
I've had mumps, measles and chicken pox. I'm not dead. (even after immunizations)
 
AnnaG
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I've had mumps, measles and chicken pox. I'm not dead. (even after immunizations)

lol Good point. I had my shots and am not dead or autistic.
 
petros
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaGView Post

lol Good point. I had my shots and am not dead or autistic.

What was the formulation of shots in our time and what are they today?

In the past 100 years 75,000 new chemicals compounds have been manufactured by man.

If you are baffled why the rates of autism in the young and dementia in the old are rising then start reading about what you eat and lather over yourself to futilely try to offset old age.
 
Praxius
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaGView Post

Did you die from the pox or measles, though?

Let me check....

Quote:

How do you know that the shots did not prevent you from dying of the diseases? How do you know the shots didn't give your immune system the edge it needed to fight off the diseases?

Before my first post in this thread, I already knew this argument would be made. This type of argument always reminded me of the religious debate.

If your loved one survives a tragic accident or incident, it's God's will..... if they died a horrible death, well that was part of God's plan.

In either case, God somehow takes credit..... in relation to this topic, you're trying to argue that the vaccine in some way did what it was supposed to do, based on no evidence whatsoever.

You say that because I already got the vaccine as a child, it reduced the impact of the actual illness when I contracted it..... yet I can equally argue that because I got the vaccine, it opened the door for me contracting the illness in the first place or was the direct infection that caused my illness in the first place and the reason why I survived was due to my already existing and strong immune system.

Since neither can be argued as absolute, the point is moot on either side, thus moving on.

Quote:

Just because a child gets a disease and doesn't die from it, does not mean the disease can't kill either.

Never said it couldn't...... but does that mean because something may have a chance, perhaps even a remote chance of causing death in some extreme cases.... suddenly everybody should be put at risk for even greater side effects and illnesses from a vaccine..... just to give the illusion that we're somehow protecting these very remote cases from remote chances of death?

Reminds me of the Bike Helmet laws..... because of a couple of kids who weren't responsible enough or taught properly how to ride and operate a bike safely, got hit by a car or fell of their bikes in such a way that gave them brain damage or died..... suddenly now everybody in society has to weak bike helmets. But then again, there's no real possibility of any major side effects from wearing a helmet, besides looking like an idiot, so there's some level of justification for the law.

But pressuring or even forcing people to get a vaccine regardless of their own personal health conditions and risks, just to satisfy some people's hangups on the "Possibility" of one poor little child dying from contracting an illness..... is just as ludicrous as forcing someone not to have peanuts in their lunch due to the remote possibility of someone allergic smelling it and dying.

I already got freaks telling me where and when I can smoke, telling me what drugs I am allowed to use or not, telling me what sort of protective gear I need to wear when I go mountain biking, telling me what I can eat or not eat where because of someone else's problems..... and of course, now we have people trying to tell me what I should inject into my own body so they can have their own peace of mind.

Let's face the facts shall we?

You, Karrie and a few others in here don't give two sh*ts what happens to me or how my body reacts to the side effects of these vaccines, which I know first hand, isn't pleasant and at times I do feel like I'm dying....... you guys only care about yourselves and perhaps your children if you have them, or perhaps worry about some imaginary child that doesn't exist that may or may not come into contact with me.... thus you'd rather me put myself at risk, rather then put your own children and yourself at risk just for the sake of you being safe.

So in turn, why in sweet hell should I give two sh*ts back at what happens to you or your families?

You guys want to get vaccines, all the power to you, I won't stop you..... protect yourself and your loved ones..... I will do the same, as I have no obligation to protect you, your family or abide to your personal hangups.
 
Praxius
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaGView Post

In the meantime, there are folks who refuse vaccinations running around endangering kids before the kids have a chance to develop immunities or get vaccines. How very noble.

Honestly, what makes you think I give a damn about those kids?

If those kids don't have a developed immune system, then why the hell are their parents taking them out in public in the first place??
 
darkbeaver
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by The Old MedicView Post

To the person who claims that a study shows that children die within 3 days of receiving the vaccine. This is NOT a real study at all, it was never published in any real medical journal, and it is totally and completely fake. It was written as a letter, from a NON_PHYSICIAN.

I am so sick of these fanatics faking science. They make things up, quote articles that simply do not exist, and manipulate and twist the few that actually do.

The reality is, around the world, millions of children have, and still do, die of measles, rubella, chicken pox, pertussis, etc. Nothing you can claim, or the fact that YOU did not die from them, changes that simple fact.


Hello Old Medic
Show us the real science, give us a link, until you do you're just another pusher of unproven remedies. In any case the facts are that addressing poverty (or will you argue it's not a killer) is far more expensive than a little shot of junk which earns the dealer billions on the backs of the sick and as the information provided indicates does not in any studied case result in suppression of outbreaks with out the hygene and nutrition angle being positively addressed. Are you just another professional skeptic reader or do you have links to studies that we may read?
 
AnnaG
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

What was the formulation of shots in our time and what are they today?

In the past 100 years 75,000 new chemicals compounds have been manufactured by man.

If you are baffled why the rates of autism in the young and dementia in the old are rising then start reading about what you eat and lather over yourself to futilely try to offset old age.

I haven't wondered about autism much, but I have wondered about the cause of the abysmal rise in asthma and other things.
 
AnnaG
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

Let me check....

lol I already checked me this morning.



Quote:

Before my first post in this thread, I already knew this argument would be made. This type of argument always reminded me of the religious debate.

If your loved one survives a tragic accident or incident, it's God's will..... if they died a horrible death, well that was part of God's plan.

In either case, God somehow takes credit..... in relation to this topic, you're trying to argue that the vaccine in some way did what it was supposed to do, based on no evidence whatsoever.

Nope. I am simply wondering how you came to the conclusion that yours had no effect. Hence my questions.

Quote:

You say that because I already got the vaccine as a child, it reduced the impact of the actual illness when I contracted it..... yet I can equally argue that because I got the vaccine, it opened the door for me contracting the illness in the first place or was the direct infection that caused my illness in the first place and the reason why I survived was due to my already existing and strong immune system.

That's not what I stated. In fact, it was a question I asked rather than a statement.

Quote:

Since neither can be argued as absolute, the point is moot on either side, thus moving on.

Exactly. So why make statements you have no intention of supporting? Like I posted, "How do you know ...."?



Quote:

Never said it couldn't...... but does that mean because something may have a chance, perhaps even a remote chance of causing death in some extreme cases.... suddenly everybody should be put at risk for even greater side effects and illnesses from a vaccine..... just to give the illusion that we're somehow protecting these very remote cases from remote chances of death?

If you don't want to be subjected to stuff that the rest of the public wants, change gov't or change public opinion.

Quote:

Reminds me of the Bike Helmet laws..... because of a couple of kids who weren't responsible enough or taught properly how to ride and operate a bike safely, got hit by a car or fell of their bikes in such a way that gave them brain damage or died..... suddenly now everybody in society has to weak bike helmets. But then again, there's no real possibility of any major side effects from wearing a helmet, besides looking like an idiot, so there's some level of justification for the law.

How about that, huh? How many vaccines are there? How many are enforced by law for people to take?

Quote:

But pressuring or even forcing people to get a vaccine regardless of their own personal health conditions and risks, just to satisfy some people's hangups on the "Possibility" of one poor little child dying from contracting an illness..... is just as ludicrous as forcing someone not to have peanuts in their lunch due to the remote possibility of someone allergic smelling it and dying.

Who forces people to avoid peanuts in their lunch?

Quote:

I already got freaks telling me where and when I can smoke, telling me what drugs I am allowed to use or not, telling me what sort of protective gear I need to wear when I go mountain biking, telling me what I can eat or not eat where because of someone else's problems..... and of course, now we have people trying to tell me what I should inject into my own body so they can have their own peace of mind.

Some of those things you mention have an effect on other people. If you expect me not to object you blowing cigarette smoke at me, you have an enlightening coming.

Quote:

Let's face the facts shall we?

Please do that.

Quote:

You, Karrie and a few others in here don't give two sh*ts what happens to me or how my body reacts to the side effects of these vaccines, which I know first hand, isn't pleasant and at times I do feel like I'm dying....... you guys only care about yourselves and perhaps your children if you have them, or perhaps worry about some imaginary child that doesn't exist that may or may not come into contact with me.... thus you'd rather me put myself at risk, rather then put your own children and yourself at risk just for the sake of you being safe.

So now you make a statement as to what I care about or not? Do you have evidence as to what I care about or not?

Quote:

So in turn, why in sweet hell should I give two sh*ts back at what happens to you or your families?

Fine. Care only about yourself. Don't expect many friends of good character.

Quote:

You guys want to get vaccines, all the power to you, I won't stop you..... protect yourself and your loved ones..... I will do the same, as I have no obligation to protect you, your family or abide to your personal hangups.

But you want to reserve the right to endanger others? Nice guy.
Last edited by AnnaG; May 18th, 2010 at 12:59 PM..
 

Similar Threads

7
The West Coast: Empty??
by 4sarad | Aug 4th, 2007
1
West Coast Insomniacs!
by I think not | Apr 13th, 2006
no new posts