The Power of Positive Thinking to Reverse Aging!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The mind is the most powerful tool known to man. There are forces in the world that do not want you to know that. I have been playing with this stuff for forty years and I am as lucid as a cucumber.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The mind is the most powerful tool known to man. There are forces in the world that do not want you to know that. I have been playing with this stuff for forty years and I am as lucid as a cucumber.

And just where does the cucumber rank on the vegetable scale?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
They've been saying this forever. Most died of old age.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Does one really want to stop aging? I don't. I am 60 years old now, and I am looking forward to growing old and dying in another say, 15 or 20 years (if not sooner).

So what do you think comes next? Must be something fairly substantial if you are looking forward to it!

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
And just where does the cucumber rank on the vegetable scale?

I think it holds the rank of "cool." :lol:

I think I'm getting younger.
I think I'm getting younger.
I think I'm getting....
I think I'm ...

Sh*t! Now I forgot what I was thinking...must be gettin' old!

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
So what do you think comes next? Must be something fairly substantial if you are looking forward to it!

Fairly substantial indeed. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, that kind of thing. I have left my body for medical research, so I assume they will harvest what organs they can, and use the rest for research. That is where it ends.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
Fairly substantial indeed. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, that kind of thing. I have left my body for medical research, so I assume they will harvest what organs they can, and use the rest for research. That is where it ends.

SirJP - You must have missed out on the parts of history that teach us about the body being more than just a physical object - you know, the spiritual part, to name one. In some cultures, they believe that you consist of body, mind, and spirit. Each one is part of your being.

I've seen different twists on this (body, mind, and soul) but they're mostly fairly consistent with each other, from what I've seen.

When you combine that with the beliefs that exist in the energy of the universe and how it is responsible for all life, it shapes up into something that seems to be quite understandable.

It all presents some interesting, if not fascinating possibilities about what life is all about, why we are here, and where we might be going after we're finished with the physical body.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
SirJP - You must have missed out on the parts of history that teach us about the body being more than just a physical object - you know, the spiritual part, to name one. In some cultures, they believe that you consist of body, mind, and spirit. Each one is part of your being.

I've seen different twists on this (body, mind, and soul) but they're mostly fairly consistent with each other, from what I've seen.

When you combine that with the beliefs that exist in the energy of the universe and how it is responsible for all life, it shapes up into something that seems to be quite understandable.

It all presents some interesting, if not fascinating possibilities about what life is all about, why we are here, and where we might be going after we're finished with the physical body.

until you got to the part about 'where we might go after
we are finished here', I was really enjoying the post, but
I got off there.
We are going back into the earth, no biggy, very comfortable
there, she will protect us well after death, I'm not going
anywhere else, mother earth it is.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

C.B. Did you ever read books by Sylvia Brown (the psychic)? Lot of stuff there to mull over. NOt sure just how valid all of it is, but she sure has the answers. She has already lived through over 60 incarnations and from what I could gather she figures she's on her last. I'm just wondering if the stupider you are the more you have to look forward to. I must be good for at least another 60. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
C.B. Did you ever read books by Sylvia Brown (the psychic)? Lot of stuff there to mull over. NOt sure just how valid all of it is, but she sure has the answers. She has already lived through over 60 incarnations and from what I could gather she figures she's on her last. I'm just wondering if the stupider you are the more you have to look forward to. I must be good for at least another 60. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, I have read some of her stuff and it's quite interesting.

I've been exposed to this kind of thing for a long time...most Japanese are Buddhists and believe in reincarnation...it's kind of a "common sense" thing over there.

I know lots of people over there who do Reiki healing (just simple healing using energy) and even know of one doctor who has performed what we might call "miracles" with energy healing, and I've personally witnessed the results. It's not one of those "you have to believe in it" things...he just heals people whether they believe in energy healing or not, but he's fairly unique (powerful). There are lots of other disciplines that refer to "energy", including some forms of Yoga.

I used to work with a guy in his 60s in Japan and he slept on a slab of granite every night and did meditation daily. He partied like a 30 year old, and was the youngest 60-something guy I've ever known. I was in my late 30s and the old bugger could drink me under the table and be up at 5:30 the next morning, raring to go. I did take up the meditation but still haven't made it to the sleeping on a hunk of rock stage. Yet.

I have a pretty open mind on this stuff, having lived over there for a number of years. There is lots we don't know, even if we think we know it all (although I can't think of anyone in particular like that at the moment!)...

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
until you got to the part about 'where we might go after
we are finished here', i was really enjoying the post, but
i got off there.
We are going back into the earth, no biggy, very comfortable
there, she will protect us well after death, i'm not going
anywhere else, mother earth it is.

r.i.p.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
Talking about "life after death" makes a lot of people very uncomfortable, but I've never figured out why. To me, it's all very fascinating in spite of the fact that we don't have scientific proof of any of it.

My opinion is that there must be more to it than just being a piece of meat that's here for a few years, and then planted to rot. Or get burned up. That seems to be a rather shallow version of it all, but maybe we're just not meant to know all these things. I figure that could be why it's a mystery to us - what's wrong with a little mystery? Keeps life (as we think we know it) more interesting.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Talking about "life after death" makes a lot of people very uncomfortable, but I've never figured out why. To me, it's all very fascinating in spite of the fact that we don't have scientific proof of any of it.

My opinion is that there must be more to it than just being a piece of meat that's here for a few years, and then planted to rot. Or get burned up. That seems to be a rather shallow version of it all, but maybe we're just not meant to know all these things. I figure that could be why it's a mystery to us - what's wrong with a little mystery? Keeps life (as we think we know it) more interesting.

That's what I keep asking.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The Power of Positive thinking is great but how does it work when your pancreas is coming out of your colon and you've fallen and can't get up?