Astronomy and the quran

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
The Protective Role of Moon
It seems that Moon has an important and serious role of protecting Earth from comets!
When a comet falls on Earth, it digs in the ground and buries inside the earth surface; this is opposite to the meteorite, which when falls on Earth it stays upon the surface, and does not usually bury under the ground.
Click on:
Comets
The meteorites

The reason for that is that the comet is a flaming and hot object, while the meteorite is much less in heat, eventhough it acquires some heat from its friction with the atmosphere.
Comets has affinity to be attracted to the cold and frozen areas of Earth, like Siberia, Alaska, the north and south poles and the surrounding regions; because of the attraction between the hot object of the comet and such cold regions.
Click on:
Comets
And visit our free website :
http://universeandquran.741.com
There are huge craters in some parts of US shores; these craters are ascribed to the impact of a comet in the past. These craters are like those on Moon surface; those on Moon surface cannot be because of volcanoes: the core of Moon is cold, not like that of Earth which is hot; so that a very hot lava emerges from the volcanoes when they erupt.
Moon during its cyclic phases around Earth, will have a day (14 days of our Earth) during which its surface will be very hot, while its night is (14 days of our Earth) too. During its night its surface temperature will drop and become very cold; in addition to that its core is cold; and here it will trap the comets; because it will be nearer to the comet than will the Earth be, and the comet will dig its surface making the characteristic pitted feature of Moon's surface.
In these craters of Moon, we do not find rocks; because the meteorite will dig to be buried under the ground. Such craters have gradually been formed along its long history with its mother: the Earth.
God – be exalted – said in the Quran, 36: 39
وَالْقَمَرَ قَدَّرْنَاهُ مَنَازِلَ حَتَّى عَادَ كَالْعُرْجُونِ الْقَدِيمِ
The explanation: (And the moon –– We have decreed it phases, till it returns like an old 'curved stalk of a date-clusters.')
The old 'curved stalk of a date-clusters', having its dates culled and eaten, and the remaining date caps, will have the shape of moon's surface and its craters; and this Quranic revelation may indicate that Moon going on its phases during all this long time until it became like the old 'curved stalk of a date-clusters'.
It seems then that Moon - being the first line of defense and being very cold during its night, in addition to that its core being cold - has a protective function for Earth by trapping much of comets.

eanassir
eanassir@gmail.com

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Sooooo this is to show us the wisdom of the Quran?
cool..i can dig it...
Why did this Pakistani once tell me that when she saw the moon look like a crescent it made her happy as a child...

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
The Wisdom

DocDred!
The wisdom is to search for life on Mars in the desert and the frozen polar region!!
eanassir.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
No stepping on minorities, when he goes to work on a badly bruised foot and you drive of of your many king sized BMWs to work and a huge bottle of hard wiskey in your hand. Geez when Christians whine here, nobody cares. I get it, other religons are considered a herasey here.

man you got one hellava hate on.....most peeps here are good and respect and protect minorities......Canada is a great country...now please stop this crap.....you seem to be wanting to cause trouble......
how did that enemma work out.....nice huh.....yeah ....

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
Pluto is not a planet, but a moon of Neptune.

Pluto Is Not a Planet, but a Moon of Neptune

60 years ago, at 1947, the late Mohammed Ali Hassan Al-Hilly, said in his book: (The Universe and the Quran), that Pluto is not a planet but a moon of Neptune. Although the man was not an Astronomer, and even he did not graduate at any school, not even any primary school, but he was given wisdom from God –be glorified.
I have translated this book and put it at the free website: http://universeandquran.741.com
He said: " Astronomers, however, think that Pluto is a planet, but I say it is merely a moon of Neptune, and actually it is not a planet. "

[ The mistake of Astronomers about Pluto ]
" Question: Astronomers say that Pluto revolves around the sun opposite to the direction of the revolution of the other planets; is this true ?
Answer: I say that if Pluto was one of the planets, then it should be the biggest of the planets in size; because it is the farthest in distance from the sun than the rest of the planets, and it must revolve around the sun exactly like the revolution of the rest of the planets from right to left, then how could it happen that the revolution of Pluto is in the opposite direction ?
This is an obvious mistake; for the revolution of the planets around the sun is the result of the rotation of the sun around itself; so that it pulls the planets with it by the effect of its gravitation, then how is Pluto different from the rest of the planets ? Moreover, if the size of Pluto is equal to half that of the Earth, then it is one of the satellites which belong to the planets. If it was one of the planets, then its position would be between Mercury and Venus; because it is bigger than the first and smaller than the second, so how it can be one of the planets while it is the farthest from the sun, and moreover its size is half the size of the Earth ?
As regards to its revolution, [Pluto] revolves around Neptune just like how does our Moon revolve around Earth. And because the rotation of Earth around its axis is quicker than the revolution of Moon around it, we see the Moon revolving from left to right, and as such is Pluto seen by astronomers, but the truth is opposite of that.
[The translator – In summary:
  1. If Pluto is a planet, it should be the largest planet, because it is the farthest from the sun. (but it is relatively small: it is bigger than Mercury and smaller than Venus.)
  2. If Pluto is a planet, it should rotate in the same direction of the rotation of the sun around its axis, which is the same direction of revolution of the rest of the planets around the sun: from right to left. (but Pluto revolves in the opposite direction.)
  3. Its orbit around the sun is fluctuant: i.e. one time it is nearer than Neptune to the sun, and another time it is farther than Neptune (this confirms that it revolves around Neptune so that one time it will be nearer and another time it is farther from the sun than Neptune is. See at our free website: http://universeandquran.741.com a diagram of 'the sun and its planets'. ]
I like to add some explanations:

I know they say Pluto is a dwarf planet, and moves around the Sun, not around Neptune!
But such objects as Pluto and Neptune are very distant, and many Astronomers only postulate about their various aspects, and many of their natural features are ambiguous. When the late interpreter of the Quran and the Bible said 60 years ago in his book "The Universe and the Quran" that Pluto is not a planet, but a moon of Neptune; then we cannot say this is wrong because it is opposite to some present theories; because these are only theories, and they keep up saying it is most likely and most probably so and so. See for example what they expected about the Perseids, that they awaited and anticipated for more than a year, and it turned to be nothing!

I know that they say Pluto is a dwarf planet, and that it rotates around the Sun; but mostly this is wrong. All the findings and observations confirm and can easily be understood if it is a moon of Neptune rather than it is itself a planet:

• Wherever Neptune goes, Pluto is with it; keeping some distance from Neptune. (like our Moon and Earth.) ; i.e. Neptune rotates around the Sun carrying its moon :) Pluto) with it; just like our Moon going around the Sun, but of course carried by the Earth, around which it rotates.
  • Pluto rotates in the opposite direction from most of the other planets.
  • The orbits of Neptune and Pluto intercross, but of course they do not collide (like our Moon and Earth.)
  • Pluto's orbit is highly eccentric. At times it is closer to the Sun than Neptune (as it was from January 1979 thru February 11 1999). Pluto rotates in the opposite direction from most of the other planets.

Our Moon also will sometimes be nearer to Sun than Earth (and during the sun eclipse it hiders the direct light from reaching us on Earth) and other times it is farther.

• Moreover, concerning its supposed to be moon: Charon; how can a planet have a moon similar to, or about, it in mass? It is more logical that they are two moons of Neptune rather than Charon being a moon of Pluto.
This, most probably, seems as if both Pluto and Charon are two moons of Neptune; both rotate around Neptune: in the same way as our Moon rotates around Earth.
This confirms the idea that both of them are some of the moons of Neptune.

• Renu Malhotra, in her book "Pluto and Charon" (University of Arizona Press, 1997) showed 3 graphs which we can interpret that Pluto is a moon of Neptune rather than being a planet:

Viewgraph #1
From a bird's eye view of the ecliptic, it is clear that Pluto's orbit is more eccentric than any other planet's. Pluto's orbit appears to intersect Neptune's, and for a period of about 20 years Pluto is slightly closer to the sun than Neptune. The next viewgraph shows that the apparent intersection of orbits is an illusion.

Viewgraph #2
Here we see the z-component of each planet's position plotted against the simultaneous distance from the sun. Most planets only make small excursions in the vertical and radial directions, but Pluto executes a large, tear-shaped figure. This vertical projection shows that Pluto is far from being Neptune-crosser.

Viewgraph #3
Pluto and Neptune are in a well-known 3:2 resonance which prevents their collision or even any close approaches, regardless of their separation in the z-dimension. This figure shows the orbits of the four giant planets and Pluto in a reference frame rotating synchronously with Neptune's mean motion. The minimum Pluto-Neptune separation is 17 AU, compared to the minimum Pluto-Uranus separation of 11 AU. The libration of Pluto's orbit is due to an exchange of angular momentum with Neptune. When Pluto is "catching up" to Neptune, it gains angular momentum at Neptune's expense. Pluto moves into a higher orbit, but falls behind Neptune, since higher orbits have slower tangential velocities. Thousands of years later, as Neptune seems poised to overtake Pluto, the opposite exchange takes place. Pluto loses angular momentum, falling to a lower - but faster - heliocentric orbit."

http://www.nineplanets.org/plutodyn.html
All the above graphs and findings can easily be interpreted if we consider Pluto as a moon of Neptune rather than itself a planet.

eanassir.

Last edited:

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I say that if Pluto was one of the planets, then it should be the biggest of the planets in size; because it is the farthest in distance from the sun than the rest of the planets, and it must revolve around the sun exactly like the revolution of the rest of the planets from right to left, then how could it happen that the revolution of Pluto is in the opposite direction ?

Bahahaha. First of all, left and right have no meaning if you don't describe which way is up and which way is forward. Second, I say that the tallest people must have the biggest brains because they stand the farthest from the center of the earth. Since I stand taller than the original author of the book, my brain is bigger and subsequently I am smarter. Also, since the soul is contained in the centre of the solar plexus, and my solar plexus is higher as well, my soul is bigger and thus more good. This means that the author is wrong and I am right. He needs to hear more of the Hadith to find the truth that I already know to be true.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Bahahaha. First of all, left and right have no meaning if you don't describe which way is up and which way is forward. Second, I say that the tallest people must have the biggest brains because they stand the farthest from the center of the earth. Since I stand taller than the original author of the book, my brain is bigger and subsequently I am smarter. Also, since the soul is contained in the centre of the solar plexus, and my solar plexus is higher as well, my soul is bigger and thus more good. This means that the author is wrong and I am right. He needs to hear more of the Hadith to find the truth that I already know to be true.

Can't argue with that logic. Someone start the bon fire. We got us a witch!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I like comments when talking about space as 'right to left'. Which way are you looking at the solar system? There is not top or bottom, right or left, or even clockwise or counterclockwise. Its all perspective.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I like comments when talking about space as 'right to left'. Which way are you looking at the solar system? There is not top or bottom, right or left, or even clockwise or counterclockwise. Its all perspective.

So the evil axis crowd speaks at last! Sector mah Schizzle mah Nizzle.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Evil axis?

Perhaps I should have coloured my response in purple. The word 'like' could me misinterpreted by some.

To punny? Have we fallen on the Southern Network practice of putting the blue streak along the path of the puck so even "they" can follow along?

Et Tu, Dou`ge?

What would the Ghost think?

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Some fun facts.

1. Jupiter is the largest planet and is fifth in order from the sun not the farthest out.

2. Pluto does in fact orbit around the sun even if that orbit is eccentric.

3. It's merely one of many Kuiper Belt objects, are we to believe they were all once moons of Neptune.

Leave astronomy to people who are actually contemplating the sky for answers, not their own belly buttons.