The Sustainable Soldier Takes to the Streets! In Your Car?

KDR

Brent Jessop - Knowledge Driven Revolution.com - July 4, 2007

Let me share a little story before I get into a new government plan that will save you money (can you spot the oxymoron?). About a year ago I went to a presentation at the University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada given by someone directly trained by Al Gore. According to the presenter (a grown man with family), he applied (written essay and all) and was accepted to travel to the southern US with a bunch of other like minded folk to learn how to give the famous presentation from ‘An Inconvenient Truth’. These well trained Sustainable Soldiers (my term not theirs) then give presentations back home in their respective communities to anyone who will listen.

The presentation was nothing special, your typical global warming fear mongering and kindergarten simple science (especially the Al Gore version). But one thing that he did mention was that he made the decision to drive slower on major freeways to further reduce his ‘carbon footprint’. And he didn’t care how many cars or trucks passed him.

Other then the inside joke when we passed a slow moving vehicle, that was the end of my Sustainable Soldier experience.

Read the full article here.