Can Fashion Save The Planet

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Major fashion brands use 28 trillion gallons of fresh water every year.

Interesting documentary made by Canadians on the pollution caused by dyes. Can't say I ever gave it much thought but there's a few trailers at the link......

RiverBlue -

One of the first and most frequent questions that people ask us is, “Where can I buy clothes made in an ethical and eco-friendly way?” Fashionheroes.eco is our way to help answer that. Fashion Heroes has been started to offer a place for people to speak up about sustainable fashion, to learn more about brands that are taking steps in the right direction and to see how we can all participate to make wise choices in fashion, for the better of all people and the environment!

To find out more about some great brands and companies taking steps in the right direction, visit us at www.fashionheroes.eco

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Thanks for the laugh tay.
Good to see you read it all and watched the 2 trailers in 4 minutes before you commented although I'm not sure what your comment means.......

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm well aware of what goes down in the garment industry. I just think it is hilarious to believe anyone into fashion really gives a shit.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Sadly, that 28 trillion gallons is a drop in the bucket compared to the water lost through fracking. The truly messed up thing is, sea water works just as well for fracking but hardly anyone uses it for some reason, even along coastal areas.