Can a broken heart kill?

Ludlow
Recently I had heard that my school days best friend had passed away. Gosh didn't we spend time playing football, baseball and basketball as kids. Riding our bikes all over the place. And when we were old enough, hitting the bars looking for girls only to strike out most of the time and after closing time , ending up at our favorite mexican food restaurant The Valle De Sol and drowning ourselves in enchiladas, green burros, tostadas and tacos.. Apparently Danny's wife had died and a few months later he had a heart attack.I know when my gandpa died, grandma wasn't far behind. When my wife and I split after 28 years of marriage, I was taken to the ER with my blood pressure being 200/100 with a heart rate of 135. Being pumped full of ativan lowered the blood pressure but the heart rate didn't go down until recently with medication. So what happens to us physically when our hearts are broken. My daughter who is a nurse says that something happens to the heart during these times of separation. Something that often causes death. So what is it? It'd be interesting too know.

Danbones
life will kill you

Hoof Hearted
I lost my buddy last year. He was the best man at my wedding. He drank himself to death. When I found out I was physically ill for over a week...pretty much bed-bound. I even missed his funeral I was so messed up.

So yeah, a broken heart can play havoc with your immune system.

petros
+1
#4  Top Rated Post
Broken heart syndrome, also called stress-induced cardiomyopathy or takotsubo cardiomyopathy.