Incredible photos show brutal seaside battle between two mighty seals

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
These incredible photos show two grey seals going head to head in a brutal seaside battle amid the crashing waves.

The seals are seen in the throes of a vicious fight, pinning each other down and tearing into each other's backs at Horsey Beach, Norfolk.

Photographer Nick Hurst, of Lavenham, Suffolk, shared the stunning snaps - which show the fiercer side of these mighty mammals often seen as cute - on March 1.

Half of the world's grey seals are found on the British coast.

Incredible photos show brutal seaside battle between two mighty bulls on Norfolk coast

The striking images show two seals in the throes of a vicious fight at Horsey Beach, in Norfolk

They show the two bulls pinning each other down and tearing into one another's backs with sharp teeth

The pictures were captured by photographer Nick Hurst, 49, of Lavenham, Suffolk

By Joe Sheppard For Mailonline
7 March 2017

These incredible photos show two grey seals going head to head in a brutal seaside battle amid the crashing waves.

The seals are seen in the throes of a vicious fight, pinning each other down and tearing into each other's backs at Horsey Beach, Norfolk.

Photographer Nick Hurst, of Lavenham, Suffolk, shared the stunning snaps - which show the fiercer side of these mighty mammals often seen as cute - on March 1.

Nick, 49, said it is capturing 'exhilarating' moments like these that make wildlife photography so rewarding.

Nick said: 'It was a cold, windswept morning. The conditions were, however, perfect as the sun rose and the light was low catching the swell of the crashing waves on the beach.

'Seals tend to spend a lot of time just laying around on the sand banks. But this is punctuated by intense moments of males fighting and the most amazing courtship routines.'

The seals in the throes of a vicious fight were captured on camera at Horsey Beach in Norfolk

The bulls square up to one another. The photographs show the animals - often seen as cute - in a more aggressive light

In this dramatic picture, the seals wrestle on the sand as the waves crash around them

The left seal shows an expression of pain as his fierce opponent tears into his back with its sharp teeth

The mighty mammals are so engrossed in their battle as sea water washes over them in the morning sun

Heavyweight bout: Bull seals are very large animals and can weigh anything up to 900lbs

Photographer Nick Hurst, who captured the powerful images. He said it is 'exhilarating' pictures like those taken on Horsey Beach that make wildlife photography so rewarding

Try to get out of this one: One of the seals is pinned down in the showdown

One of the bulls raises his paw to come crashing down on his opponent who is going to bite his neck

The worthy opponents look exhausted as they flop down on to the brown sand

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
See? I told you we should club them when they're pups .

... for their own safety, don't you know!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
See? I told you we should club them when they're pups .

... for their own safety, don't you know!

In civilised Britain we're a nation of animal lovers. Our government doesn't sanction the bludgering to death of the local wildlife as governments do in less enlightened foreign parts.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
In civilised Britain we're a nation of animal lovers. Our government doesn't sanction the bludgering to death of the local wildlife as governments do in less enlightened foreign parts.

The civilized British love their animals and hate their children.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
No point in clubbing this brainless one over the head.

anytime your man enough dearie I live in midland ontario
not too far from your trailor
I expect a pm on a place and a time and a date by supper time tonight

we can dance in the parking lot by the pale moon light
;)
bring a driver to carry you home chickensh!T

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
anytime your man enough dearie I live in midland ontario
not too far from your trailor
I expect a pm on a place and a time and a date by supper time tonight

we can dance in the parking lot by the pale moon light
;)
bring a driver to carry you home chickensh!T

I have a moral issues with beating up pathetic winos. I might buy you a jug of Baby Duck, tho.