Climate change predicted to transform Vancouver into San Diego, but at a heavy cost

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
You guys should watch Before the Flood with Leo DiCaprio.

It's really good!

Climate change predicted to transform Vancouver into San Diego, but at a heavy cost

Goodbye Vancouver, hello San Diego.
A major climate-change study predicts temperatures in Metro Vancouver will exceed those of present-day Southern California in the coming decades.

Frost and ice will become virtually a thing of the past, heating bills will drop, and farm crops will flourish virtually year-round in the Fraser Valley.

That’s the good news.

On the down side — and there is plenty of it — the region can expect: air-conditioning costs to soar; worsening smog and associated health problems; increased forest fires and water shortages; summer droughts followed by severe fall rain events; and an influx of invasive species threatening forests and agriculture.

Climate change predicted to transform Vancouver into San Diego, but at a heavy cost | Vancouver Sun

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Meanwhile Vancouver is getting hit again with unseasonably cold weather and snow .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
predicted...
lord tundrin jesus boy
Leo took time out from flying his private Lear jet around the world to lecture us on the evils of flying around the world . Maybe he can fly up to Vancouver and help Petros yell at Trump tower tomorrow .

Leo took time out from flying his private Lear jet around the world to lecture us on the evils of flying around the world . Maybe he can fly up to Vancouver and help Petros yell at Trump tower tomorrow .
Petros remember to dress warmly this isn't the dry cold you are used to .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Still snowing . I wonder how many more feet of snow Shasta will see this spring .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
It's the cost of building the wall to keep out the illegals that will for sure be a biggie

Right along with the ice-free North pole by 2013.

.... Coincidence?... I think not!
Nah the mountains make a good barrier . Lions , bears and wolves oh no .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Is it going to snow In late Feb in San Diego too?

With the "blob" dead, winter here sure sucks.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Is it going to snow In late Feb in San Diego too?

With the "blob" dead, winter here sure sucks.
They are measuring the snowfall in California ski resorts in feet this season there is so much snow . Squaw Valley is completely buried . More snow on the way . I think the snow pack is over 200 % of average .

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
They are measuring the snowfall in California ski resorts in feet this season there is so much snow . Squaw Valley is completely buried . More snow on the way . I think the snow pack is over 200 % of average .

Does more snow fall translate as "colder"? It doesn't, you know.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Does more snow fall translate as "colder"? It doesn't, you know.
Well it sure is rare the amount of snow we saw this winter , and as it usually rains here , yes I think cold has something to do with it .