Fasting diet 'regenerates diabetic pancreas'

tay
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
Fasting diet 'regenerates diabetic pancreas' - BBC News (external - login to view)

Danbones
That is the kind of news that is worth a greenie Tay

Bar Sinister
I have two diabetics in my family. If this has any chance of working I'm sure that their physicians will inform them. However, given the dozens of "cures" for type 1 diabetes that have been touted over the years I am rather dubious.

Curious Cdn
Fasting when you have Diabetes sounds like a deadly dangerous business. You wouldn't get through day one without lapsing into low sugar shock.

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

I have two diabetics in my family. If this has any chance of working I'm sure that their physicians will inform them. However, given the dozens of "cures" for type 1 diabetes that have been touted over the years I am rather dubious.

you might find physicians aren't always up on things
in fact quite the opposite - trusting that they are can cost you your life

"Type 2 diabetes and the diet that cured me
After receiving a shock diagnosis of type 2 diabetes, I followed an extremely low-calorie eating plan and saw my blood sugar levels rapidly return to normal"
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...etes-diet-cure (external - login to view)

for example: they know ( from proper peer reviewed studies in the US) that cayenne causes a 13 % decrease in mortality across the board in hearttack and stroke episodes, but are physicians recommending it to heart attack patients across the board?
NOPE!!!
thats 400 hundred dead people in Canada every year because THEY can't make a profit off of cayenne

you can trust your doctor though Bar

Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Fasting when you have Diabetes sounds like a deadly dangerous business. You wouldn't get through day one without lapsing into low sugar shock.

YOU DIDN'T EVEN READ THE LINK NUMB NUTS!!!!
Its about a fasting DIET

SO have you got any proof of that silly statement you made there dearie?
Why not post it right here
or are you perhaps, talking out your A$$ as usual?

Safe Fasting With Diabetes
By Erika Gebel Berg, PhD
Safe Fasting With Diabetes: Diabetes Forecast® (external - login to view)

millions do it all the time...and as many of them are in countries without western medicine, obviously they have found ways to deal with it
Last edited by Danbones; Feb 25th, 2017 at 04:40 AM..

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

After receiving a shock diagnosis of type 2 diabetes, I followed an extremely low-calorie eating plan and saw my blood sugar levels rapidly return to normal"
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...etes-diet-cure (external - login to view)

for example: they know ( from proper peer reviewed studies in the US) that cayenne causes a 13 % decrease in mortality across the board in hearttack and stroke episodes, but are physicians recommending it to heart attack patients across the board?
NOPE!!!
thats 400 hundred dead people in Canada every year because THEY can't make a profit off of cayenne

YOU DIDN'T EVEN READ THE LINK NUMB NUTS!!!!
Its about a fasting DIET

SO have you got any proof of that silly statement you made there dearie?
Why not post it right here
or are you perhaps, talking out your A$$ as usual?

Safe Fasting With Diabetes
By Erika Gebel Berg, PhD
Safe Fasting With Diabetes: Diabetes Forecast® (external - login to view)

millions do it all the time...and as many of them are in countries without western medicine, obviously they have found ways to deal with it

I actually had to intervene in a small diabetic crisis up your way. We were touring the engine room of Keewatin, up in Port McNichol when one of our tour collapsed. We positioned him safely so the his airways worked and I gave him some hard candy that was in my pocket. He revived almost immediately.

It would still be a dangerous DIET to follow, despite your Tourettes outburst.

petros
Really? Not being a glutton reduces diabetes?

Bar Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

NOPE!!!

I did stipulate that they have type 1 diabetes. That means there is no activity in the pancreas. And it is quite amazing the number of bogus cures that have been pushed my way by well-meaning people. Needless to say I follow diabetic research closely. In the last three decades there has been continual talk about major breakthroughs in treatment for the disease, but none of these have materialized for the average diabetic. This new research may look promising, but I am not holding my breath.

Also cayenne has been promoted as the cure for dozens of diseases and problems. Like most holistic cures I suspect it does nothing. I've given one or two substances like fish oil and garlic a try because as you say, they cost very little, and they don't have any adverse side-effects, but I can't say that I noticed any results.