Abandoned dog with brain disorder can only crawl and roll

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Abandoned dog with brain disorder can only crawl and roll
Postmedia Network
First posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 06:06 PM EST | Updated: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 06:29 PM EST
An adorable puppy named Petey -- abandoned in a Sacramento park -- can only move by crawling and rolling around because of a brain disorder.
But the plucky pooch has been getting lotsa love courtesy of social media.
Sheri Patterson Miller gushed: “I want him he's precious - he can just roll around my lap.”
A woman named Leah Ann wrote: “Give me! Give me! Give me! I'll take him and all of his extra characteristics!”
The two-month-old canine was discovered with another pup underneath a soaking blanket in the park.
Petey’s pal sadly died before reaching a vet hospital.
But the courageous canine’s doing great -- despite his condition.
“He is still wobbly and showing neurological signs, leading us to believe he may have cerebellar hypoplasia,” the SPCA said in a statement . “He will remain in foster care for a few more weeks while we get him large enough for neuter, then we will work on finding him a special home!”
Petey has now learned to get around by rolling and crawling -- which makes him seem even cuter.
“He's rambunctious, curious and silly,” rescue coordinator at Sacramento SPCA Elizabeth Westphal-Thomson told The Dodo. “He's also very confident and enjoys meeting new people and investigating new environments.”
A puppy named Petey -- abandoned in a Sacramento park -- can only move by crawling and rolling around because of a brain disorder.

http://facebook.com/SacSPCA/videos/1370422822977500
Abandoned dog with brain disorder can only crawl and roll | World | News | Toron