Who wouldn't go vegan........

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
After reading this.......
Att: Mentalfloss....when you eat your next burger......:lol:

Food Choices and the Planet
The toll exacted on human health by a diet laden with saturated fat and cholesterol is devastating, and thoroughly documented. What is this same diet doing to our planet?

• It takes 2,500 gallons of water, 12 pounds of grain, 35 pounds of topsoil and the energy equivalent of one gallon of gasoline to produce one pound of feedlot beef.
  • Because of over-consumption of fish, all 17 of the world’s major fishing areas have reached or exceeded their natural limits. One-third of the world’s fish catch is fed directly to livestock.
  • 70% of US grain production is fed to livestock.
  • 5 million acres of rainforest are felled every year in South and Central America alone to create cattle pasture.
  • Roughly 20% of all currently threatened and endangered species in the US are harmed by livestock grazing.
  • Animal agriculture is a chief contributor to water pollution. America’s farm animals produce 10 times the waste produced by the human population.
Read more........

http://www.earthsave.org/environment.htm

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Thanks....I couldn't seem to make it a clickable link.....

I've cut down on red meat quite a bit, and I seem to be healthier, but I'm a long way from being a vegetarian......

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Research to prove it?

Vegetarians More Likely to Suffer From a Mental Disorder, Study Finds - Healthy Eating Harbor

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...1211/youre-vegetarian-have-you-lost-your-mind

How Vegetarianism is Bad for You and the Environment

I could go on all day. There is absolutely no sound science in favour of removing meat from our diet. We are omnivores. End of discussion (unless you're stupid)

Don't ask!

You're so butthutt all the time. Maybe you should just stop talking nonsense and I would quit making fun of you.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
I'm trying to eat less red meat as well. I try to eat it more in soup and stews versus BBQ or fried. Someday, I hope I can have a garden and try growing vegetables.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
No chance of me going vegan. Although I am not averse to eating one. Just can't imagine a day without real food. But I also eat salad every day.

Vegetarians are what we call poor hunters

Mokkajava

Electoral Member
Nov 14, 2016
Saskatchewan
Vegetarians More Likely to Suffer From a Mental Disorder, Study Finds - Healthy Eating Harbor

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...1211/youre-vegetarian-have-you-lost-your-mind

How Vegetarianism is Bad for You and the Environment

I could go on all day. There is absolutely no sound science in favour of removing meat from our diet. We are omnivores. End of discussion (unless you're stupid)

You're so butthutt all the time. Maybe you should just stop talking nonsense and I would quit making fun of you.

All the vitamins and nutrients listed are readily available in a vegetarian diet if you are educated and balanced in how you eat... the good fats our brains need to function and thrive exist in flax and evening primrose... and the fats in cooked red meat are not, but also lead to fatty organs and blockages.

Next time... look for a reputable source for your argument... ie) Not a paleo site :|

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Trying to eat less meat or trying to eat healthier and becoming a vegetarian are two different things. Vegetarians try to confuse the two because that is what is required to sell their religion

Mokkajava

Electoral Member
Nov 14, 2016
Saskatchewan
Trying to eat less meat or trying to eat healthier and becoming a vegetarian are two different things. Vegetarians try to confuse the two because that is what is required to sell their religion

I have no religious beliefs linked to my eating a vegetarian diet... I am one for health reasons only... but your argument is that I must be stupid for being one... which says more about your false belief system than mine.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Some truth in that. Big difference between eating organic beef and filling your stomach with a rotten ronnie burger.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Better link

EarthSave - Food intervention programs to achieve health independence

And yes, people should cut down consumption if not quit eating animals........

I'm not a vegan as I do eat cheese, milk, eggs etc., but I refrain from meat/fish .....

The egg is a symbol of life, the egg is alive, just because it dosn't have eyes and cute little fins in no way excuses your disregard for eatable biomatter.