Before The Flood

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Watched it a few days ago. Wait for it.... the "bunch of leftard propaganda" crowd will be showing up shortly.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Watched it a few days ago. Wait for it.... the "bunch of leftard propaganda" crowd will be showing up shortly.

I watched an entire documentary about a month ago on the palm plantations in Sumatra - just blew me away Cliffy. Already was well aware of the devastation to pacific islands that has been underway for sometime and is only worsening. Actually knew about the problems in Florida which go way beyond a few flooded streets.

Watching Years of Living Dangerously right now - another good doc by Nat Geo.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
You guys do know the land is sinking rather than the oceans are rising right??
In the old days, Native Americans honoured contrary people. Insanity was considered a gift from the Great Spirit. I don't suffer from such delusions. You are just nuts.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
a top sea level measuring guy in the world agrees with megs
i guess he is nuts too?
or is it the models that not only have never been right, they mathematically can not be

"As the world has been getting cooler since 1998 the global warming alarmists have to scare us with other things. A favorite is rising sea level, allegedly caused by rapid melting of the ice caps of Antarctica and Greenland.

Most show a rise of sea level of about 2 mm per year, but there is considerable variation. An unusually high reading is from Chesapeake Bay, Virginia, at 6.05 ±1.14 mm/yr. Even this is only 1.98 feet in 100 years, and no cause for alarm.

Similar figures are reported elsewhere, such as Reykjavik, Iceland 2.34 mm/yr; Bermuda 2.04 mm/yr; Murmansk, Russia 3.92 mm/yr. In Scandinavia, which is rising in response to loss of the old ice sheet the sea level is falling: Goteborg, Sweden -1.3 mm/yr; Oslo, Norway -4.53 mm/yr...

...Two favorites of sea level alarmists are Tuvalu and the Maldives. Sea level measurements for Tuvalu (and 10 other stations) between 1992 and 2006 arE available on Fig. 13 on the Australian Bureau of Meteorology website. For about the past eight years the sea level seems to be virtually constant...."
http://www.bom.gov.au/ntc/IDO60101/IDO60101.200809.pdf

SEA LEVEL ARTICLE BY DR. CLIFF OLLIER

"If you stood at Atlantic City on the boardwalk, at that same spot 10,000 years ago, the sea level would be 40 meters lower,"
http://www.citylab.com/weather/2013...-rise-doesnt-freak-you-out-nothing-will/5751/

lol...i think some may be a bit late to the party
and this (above link) site is pushing climate change as if there never was any before, while making themselves look ....(stuck for polite word here)... by posting measurements that make them look like that.
:)

http://www.academia.edu/3779666/Ancient_Canal_Builders_-_Overview

floating ice causes displacement because other then the tip of the ice burg....
try it in the sink sometime:
measure the water, fill the sink fill of ice, and remeasure the water, and observe reality.
up like hillary's tax plan

take away the ice, and what happens to the water level?
down like bill clintons pants

if you scroll down to the sea level rise chart you will see when sea level actually rose
thats the end of the discussion about man made global warming er...climate change, lol
right there
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1001297/pg1
(i eta'd the pic above, with the original doc/link, but this might be an interesting thread anyhow )

just for (ice) sheets and geegles
https://www.fws.gov/slamm/Changes in Sea Level_expanded version_template.pdf

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
In the old days, Native Americans honoured contrary people. Insanity was considered a gift from the Great Spirit. I don't suffer from such delusions. You are just nuts.
You should stop being your own doctor.

i guess he is nuts too?
or is it the models that not only have never been right, they mathematically can not be

"As the world has been getting cooler since 1998 the global warming alarmists have to scare us with other things. A favorite is rising sea level, allegedly caused by rapid melting of the ice caps of Antarctica and Greenland.
One thing I have not seen is an allowance for the 40,000 miles if oceanic rifts that are spreading about 2cm per year. That should actually lower sea level over a long period of time, say 100's or 1,000's of years. 200M years ago there was no oceanic crust so all that water would have been pushed up om the land which is why AB was a shallow sea that far back.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
You should stop being your own doctor.

One thing I have not seen is an allowance for the 40,000 miles if oceanic rifts that are spreading about 2cm per year. That should actually lower sea level over a long period of time, say 100's or 1,000's of years. 200M years ago there was no oceanic crust so all that water would have been pushed up om the land which is why AB was a shallow sea that far back.
You ever grab your tackle box and fishinpole and just go fishin Megaloon or do you stick your nose in the fookin computer all day long?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Fishing for trolls is a lot more fun. For me anyways, probably not so much for the trolls, right troll?

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Got through about the first ten minutes, I may watch the whole thing once I'm over the flu, but today it just made me want to barf, I watched a bunch of crime docs instead.

Leo DiCaprio carrying on the jihad started by the likes of David Rockefeller and Maurice Strong and perpetuated by other rich dudes like the bitter Al Gore and George Soros just to name a few is somewhat disingenuous. Leo and company's assertion that the tar sands has somehow impacted indigenous livelihoods and lands is ludicrous. I made that trip from Ft Mac to Ft. Chip hundreds of times through the '80s and '90s, the number of folks I took to that area to hunt or fish, zero. The number of communities on that route, two, one of which was there because of resource extraction.

If he wasn't in a slow moving helicopter he would not much video to work with. If he were on a cross country trip at 39,000' the whole area would only be a 10 minute scene out the window. Nobody pays attention to the vast clear-cuts in BC for the same reason, plus they're hidden away in the mountains. But oil is the enemy du jour, and those rich celebrities would all have us freeze in the dark, but be damned if they'll give up their luxuries. Leo is after all so well versed in the effects of climate change after experiencing that Alberta phenomenon, a chinook. His word is taken as gospel.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If he didn't toe the party line he would be blackballed. Might as well include a fact just to mess people up.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
i guess he is nuts too?

Most show a rise of sea level of about 2 mm per year, but there is considerable variation. An unusually high reading is from Chesapeake Bay, Virginia, at 6.05 ±1.14 mm/yr. Even this is only 1.98 feet in 100 years, and no cause for alarm.

Similar figures are reported elsewhere, such as Reykjavik, Iceland 2.34 mm/yr; Bermuda 2.04 mm/yr; Murmansk, Russia 3.92 mm/yr. In Scandinavia, which is rising in response to loss of the old ice sheet the sea level is falling: Goteborg, Sweden -1.3 mm/yr; Oslo, Norway -4.53 mm/yr...

...Two favorites of sea level alarmists are Tuvalu and the Maldives. Sea level measurements for Tuvalu (and 10 other stations) between 1992 and 2006 arE available on Fig. 13 on the Australian Bureau of Meteorology website. For about the past eight years the sea level seems to be virtually constant...."
http://www.bom.gov.au/ntc/IDO60101/IDO60101.200809.pdf

SEA LEVEL ARTICLE BY DR. CLIFF OLLIER

"If you stood at Atlantic City on the boardwalk, at that same spot 10,000 years ago, the sea level would be 40 meters lower,"
If This GIF of 10,000 Years of Sea Level Rise Doesn't Freak You Out, Nothing Will - CityLab

lol...i think some may be a bit late to the party
and this (above link) site is pushing climate change as if there never was any before, while making themselves look ....(stuck for polite word here)... by posting measurements that make them look like that.
:)

Ancient Canal Builders - Overview | John Jensen - Academia.edu

floating ice causes displacement because other then the tip of the ice burg....
try it in the sink sometime:
measure the water, fill the sink fill of ice, and remeasure the water, and observe reality.
up like hillary's tax plan

take away the ice, and what happens to the water level?
down like bill clintons pants

if you scroll down to the sea level rise chart you will see when sea level actually rose
thats the end of the discussion about man made global warming er...climate change, lol
right there
Underwater Harbors in America...7000 years old, history rewritten, atlantis everywhere?, page 1
(i eta'd the pic above, with the original doc/link, but this might be an interesting thread anyhow )

just for (ice) sheets and geegles
https://www.fws.gov/slamm/Changes in Sea Level_expanded version_template.pdf

I suppose it depends on which 'scientists' you prefer to believe, Dan. The ones owned by the likes of the Koch brothers or those who have not sold out.

You guys do know the land is sinking rather than the oceans are rising right??

Sinking or rising...........the end result is still the same MHz..........people being displaced from their homelands ..........and where do they go. When Pres Obama speaks of the security issues surrounding such questions, he ain't just whistlin' Dixie.

I watched all of it. Pretty interesting.

What I found just as interesting was the program that followed Before The Flood called 'Years of Living Dangerously'. One of the segments was about solar power and how folks in Nevada and other states are being prevented from using it due to the interference of utility companies who are intimately entwined with city and state authorities all in an effort to stop the use of solar power in any way shape or form.

Got through about the first ten minutes, I may watch the whole thing once I'm over the flu, but today it just made me want to barf, I watched a bunch of crime docs instead.

Leo DiCaprio carrying on the jihad started by the likes of David Rockefeller and Maurice Strong and perpetuated by other rich dudes like the bitter Al Gore and George Soros just to name a few is somewhat disingenuous. Leo and company's assertion that the tar sands has somehow impacted indigenous livelihoods and lands is ludicrous. I made that trip from Ft Mac to Ft. Chip hundreds of times through the '80s and '90s, the number of folks I took to that area to hunt or fish, zero. The number of communities on that route, two, one of which was there because of resource extraction.

If he wasn't in a slow moving helicopter he would not much video to work with. If he were on a cross country trip at 39,000' the whole area would only be a 10 minute scene out the window. Nobody pays attention to the vast clear-cuts in BC for the same reason, plus they're hidden away in the mountains. But oil is the enemy du jour, and those rich celebrities would all have us freeze in the dark, but be damned if they'll give up their luxuries. Leo is after all so well versed in the effects of climate change after experiencing that Alberta phenomenon, a chinook. His word is taken as gospel.

Hope you are over the flu soon, Bob.....then you can watch the entire documentary and enlighten yourself about possible alternatives to fossil fuels.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Sinking or rising...........the end result is still the same MHz..........people being displaced from their homelands ..........and where do they go. When Pres Obama speaks of the security issues surrounding such questions, he ain't just whistlin' Dixie.
Higher ground but then that maybe is ust me.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I suppose it depends on which 'scientists' you prefer to believe, Dan. The ones owned by the likes of the Koch brothers or those who have not sold out.
Sold out? The only Scientists who haven't "sold out" are ones that have never worked in the field.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Hope you are over the flu soon, Bob.....then you can watch the entire documentary and enlighten yourself about possible alternatives to fossil fuels.

Thanks, me too, haven't eaten solid food in 6 days. Now I can't find it playing anyway. I am however enlightened in the possible alternatives to fossil fuels, I am also enlightened as to the cost. My energy costs in SK up to 2002 did not exceed $120/mo in power and my highest cost for heat was $900 one particular year but was normally $500/yr, (I heated with oil, supplemented with wood and Jet-A). My first power bill in NS for Dec 02 - Jan 03 was $900, yes, just two months. It was one of the first provinces to mandate a certain percentage of power must come from renewables, (plus they guaranteed Emera a minimum 9% ROE, another cost passed on to consumers).

I left NS last year and my power bills naturally never went down, we were paying about $6000/yr plus $1200 for wood. I was looking at a home outside Gore Bay ON last summer, also heated electrically with wood supplement, her power bill was $4500/yr, which under Kathleen Wynne will only go up just as in NS. My last year's heat and power bills added up to around $2400 in Alberta.

That's where the rubber hits the road. Until renewables are cost competitive, and I don't mean by arbitrarily raising the cost of fossil
fuels, oil is still the cheapest most convenient and reliable source of energy. The situation in NS has lead many to have to make the choice between heat or eat. Self indulgent celebrities or politicians don't care about that, just their image and the appearance of doing something.