Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Wealth transfer from where to where?

I'll leave that for the MF's of the world to discuss. Right now I'm just interested in why the carbon tax proponents are ignoring this wonderful news. I notice your first comment on this thread was about wealth transfer and not this wonderful discovery.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Wealth transfer from where to where?

First world countries to third world countries. That has always been the goal of the believers.

No I haven't. My point is that the carbon tax proponents are ignoring the story in the OP. You are reinforcing my point.

Did you expect otherwise. To admit this technology works is to admit the whole climate change thing is a scam which most of us already know.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Sounds like an interesting concept, but I'll bet it will take a boat load of cash to bring to fruition. Maybe a good place to put some of our upcoming carbon tax revenue.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Carbon taxes are used to fund mitigation technology just like the one you are suggesting.

This only reinforces the need for carbon pricing because it provides incentives for alternate methods of energy capture.

You need to go back to your home schooling cuz that was way too easy.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
To admit this technology works is to admit the whole climate change thing is a scam which most of us already know.

No it isn't. But thanks for at least trying to keep up.

If carbon dioxide emissions cause climate change... which most people accept... and if the Flossys of the world believe it is one of the most (if not the most) pressing issues facing mankind, why haven't the Trudeaus, Notleys and Flossys of the world been all over this story? When I read about this I would have expected Notley to announce funding support for this technology.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Looks like someone didn't like getting owned and is desperately trying to ignore my post :lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No. There are still neutral. They spend their lives sinking CO2 and their decomposition after death releasing it.