Scientists who found gluten sensitivity evidence have now shown it doesn't exist

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
no kidding eh

The subjects cycled through high-gluten, low-gluten, and no-gluten (placebo) diets, without knowing which diet plan they were on at any given time. In the end, all of the treatment diets - even the placebo diet - caused pain, bloating, nausea, and gas to a similar degree. It didn’t matter if the diet contained gluten. (Read more about the study.)

"In contrast to our first study… we could find absolutely no specific response to gluten," Gibson wrote in the paper. A third, larger study published this month has confirmed the findings.

mo

Scientists who found gluten sensitivity evidence have now shown it doesn't exist - ScienceAlert

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Actually, we have a guy who worked here that cannot eat any sort of bread product. The last time he did he almost died, I believe he had a severe allergy to gluten.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I read a study that concluded that most people who think they are gluten intolerant are actually reacting to the Roundup that is sprayed on crops just prior to harvest.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Actually, we have a guy who worked here that cannot eat any sort of bread product. The last time he did he almost died, I believe he had a severe allergy to gluten.
I'm guessing it's a standard wheat allergy although he could be one of the rare people genuinely allergic to gluten. I have the same problem with certain fruits. Anything that contains pectin I can't eat because of allergies to it. For example, I can't eat apples, but I can drink apple juice as long as the pectin has been removed.
However, A LOT of food processors have removed gluten from bread products, pasta and other foods where gluten is used as a binder.
Personally, I think the commonness of this "allergy" started when some granola munching tree hugger decided that gluten sounded too much like "glue" and therefore had to be bad for you. Then, through the wonders and mysteries of psychosomatics, all kinds of people decided they too were "allergic" to gluten. Soon others followed suit but to a different degree. They just simply decided that gluten was bad for you without any research to back the claim up and demanded that the rest of us who don't give a sh*t about gluten should have to eat gluten-free crap. Gluten-free bread sucks monkey butt and gluten-free pasta turns all mushy.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I read a study that concluded that most people who think they are gluten intolerant are actually reacting to the Roundup that is sprayed on crops just prior to harvest.

You imagined that. It is used in spring not 3 month later prior to harvest.

If you are going to make sh-t up, go do it elsewhere stoner.

Do you know why it screams Bullsh-t? RoundUp isn't used on wheat.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
as much sympathy for these tender folk as I do the plant-eaters.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
You imagined that. It is used in spring not 3 month later prior to harvest.

If you are going to make sh-t up, go do it elsewhere stoner.

Do you know why it screams Bullsh-t? RoundUp isn't used on wheat.
Why Is Glyphosate Sprayed on Crops Right Before Harvest?...
...What is not so well known is that farmers also use glyphosate on crops such as wheat, oats, edible beans and other crops right before harvest, raising concerns that the herbicide could get into food products....
...Glyphosate Used to Speed Up Wheat Harvest

Charles Benbrook, Ph.D., who published the paper on the mounting use of glyphosate, says the practice of spraying glyphosate on wheat prior to harvest, known as desiccating, began in Scotland in the 1980s.

“Farmers there often had trouble getting wheat and barley to dry evenly so they can start harvesting. So they came up with the idea to kill the crop (with glyphosate) one to two weeks before harvest to accelerate the drying down of the grain," he said.

The pre-harvest use of glyphosate allows farmers to harvest crops as much as two weeks earlier than they normally would, an advantage in northern, colder regions."
Why Is Glyphosate Sprayed on Crops Right Before Harvest? - EcoWatch

oooopsie

PS
"Glyphosate, the main ingredient in Monsanto's Roundup herbicide..."

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
No you didn't.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The problem isn't with the gluten itself but with yeast growth.. Get rid of the yeast problem and the sensitivity to gluten goes away.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
"Common wheat harvest protocol in the United States is to drench the wheat fields with Roundup several days before the combine harvesters work through the fields as the practice allows for an earlier, easier and bigger harvest
http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/real-reason-for-toxic-wheat-its-not-gluten/

"...experts from the U.N.'s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and World Health Organization (WHO) said glyphosate is "unlikely to pose a carcinogenic risk to humans" ...

...The conclusions appear to contradict a finding by the WHO's Lyon-based International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), which in March 2015 said glyphosate is "probably" able to cause cancer in humans and classified it as a 'Group 2A' carcinogen.
U.N. experts find weed killer glyphosate unlikely to cause cancer | Reuters
Group 2a carcinogens
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IARC_Group_2A_carcinogens

"One such study, published in 2008 by Swedish researchers, found that exposure to glyphosate tripled the risk of a subtype of non-Hodgkin called small lymphocytic lymphoma.
Does Glyphosate Cause Cancer? - EcoWatch

"RESEARCH LINKS ROUNDUP (GLYPHOSATE) TO GLUTEN DISORDER EPIDEMIC, CANCER AND OTHER DISEASES
Research Links Roundup (Glyphosate) to Gluten Disorder Epidemic, Cancer and other Diseases - DavidWolfe.com

you can sure tell which are the roundup drinkers round here
lol git along lil doggy!!!

smallandmighty

Nominee Member
May 12, 2013
108 Mile Ranch BC
I'm guessing it's a standard wheat allergy although he could be one of the rare people genuinely allergic to gluten. I have the same problem with certain fruits. Anything that contains pectin I can't eat because of allergies to it. For example, I can't eat apples, but I can drink apple juice as long as the pectin has been removed.
However, A LOT of food processors have removed gluten from bread products, pasta and other foods where gluten is used as a binder.
Personally, I think the commonness of this "allergy" started when some granola munching tree hugger decided that gluten sounded too much like "glue" and therefore had to be bad for you. Then, through the wonders and mysteries of psychosomatics, all kinds of people decided they too were "allergic" to gluten. Soon others followed suit but to a different degree. They just simply decided that gluten was bad for you without any research to back the claim up and demanded that the rest of us who don't give a sh*t about gluten should have to eat gluten-free crap. Gluten-free bread sucks monkey butt and gluten-free pasta turns all mushy.

love your post...I actually think this gluten free is just another fad by tree hugging granola crunchers as well. But for the most part people like that cannot think for themselves anyways...sheeple.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Charles Benbrook, Ph.D., who published the paper on the mounting use of glyphosate, says the practice of spraying glyphosate on wheat prior to harvest, known as desiccating

desiccating... when you spray with a silicate. Glcosphate isn't a desiccant.

Another f-king useless stoner liar.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Boy are you right about producers going gluten-free, Jin..........it pisses me right off too. I have no problem with products that are gluten free for those who can stomach it but now I can't seem to buy anything that isn't.