Meteor captured on dashcam video lights up New England sky

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Meteor captured on dashcam video lights up New England sky
The Associated Press
First posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2016 01:33 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, May 17, 2016 03:32 PM EDT
PORTLAND, Maine -- A police sergeant looking for speeders captured a fireball streaking across the sky on his dashboard camera early Tuesday.
The bright flash visible from several states was apparently left by a meteor burning up as it passed through Earth's atmosphere. Other people and webcams also captured images of the fireball.
The American Meteor Society reported more than 300 sightings in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania and parts of Canada.
Portland police Sgt. Tim Farris was parked in front of the Central Fire Station when his camera captured the meteor lighting up the sky.
The shocked officer was heard saying, "Oh, my God!"
Webcams in Portsmouth Harbor in New Hampshire and at the Burlington Airport in Vermont captured the fireball. Video shot by another officer in New York and a motorist in Vermont also surfaced.
The Maine Mineral & Gem Museum believes, based on preliminary findings, that the meteor crashed into the woods of northwestern Maine. It's offering a $20,000 reward if someone recovers a piece of the meteorite weighing at least 2.2 pounds.
Meteor captured on dashcam video lights up New England sky | World | News | Toro

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

The comet is attracted by the cold regions.

Boy, that one should keep me smiling for a few days.

I guess that they don't teach any sort of science in Madrassa. Now, there's a surprise.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015

The comet is attracted by the cold regions.

Boy, that one should keep me smiling for a few days.

I guess that they don't teach any sort of science in Madrassa. Now, there's a surprise.

How can you smile when your mouth is full of the burger?
I leave the science to you, glutton! eh2eh eh eh :laughing6:

Oh no! A rock hit our atmosphere. Allahu Akbar. Or maybe, Science. Oooo, so scary.

It's not a comet you uneducated moron.

Stupid, what is it to your retarded mind?
Of course, you are not scary; are you? But when it falls on your head, you may not be scary then.
oh1 oh.

Cheap drugs or a believer in fairy tales, the Comet came to Earth several years late and landed at the Galaxie dealer looking for a Mercury

Is it fairy tales? Is it? It has been caught by the camera; but your stories are the fairy tales.

=====================================================

I add also that such fireballs have been observed at night, particularly in the late part of the night, when the time will be colder. Mostly in winter, and almost in the freezing regions, like Siberia, Alaska and other similar regions.

This proves the idea of the flaming comet attracted to cold regions of the earth.

http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_3.htm#Comets

Last edited: