Persian Gulf Will Be Too Hot For Humans By 2100 Without Action, Says New Study

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Persian Gulf Will Be Too Hot For Humans By 2100 Without Action, Says New Study

With unabated climate change, many major cities in the Middle East ‘could exceed a tipping point for human survival, even in shaded and well-ventilated spaces’.

“Global warming threatens to run residents out of coastal cities as melting ice caps cause sea levels to rise. Now, a new study released this week suggests some areas of the planet will be unfit for human occupation by the end of this century. Specifically, scientists project that temperatures in the Persian Gulf will rise so high people will be unable to continue living there. The unchecked effects of climate change will impact major cities first, an ironic backlash from burning the very resources harvested in that region.” said inhabitat.com

“This new study comes from researchers at Loyola Marymount University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The Persian Gulf region already experiences some of the most intense summer heat found on Earth, and rising global temperatures are making it much worse. Since much of the area’s wealth stems from the oil industry, it’s a bit ironic that the effects of burning those resources are the very thing endangering the region now.

The relatively high humidity in the area further exacerbates the problem. When high heat and humidity are combined, conditions become exponentially more difficult and dangerous for human survival. When it’s hot out, humans sweat. The sweat evaporates on our skin, leaving our bodies cooler. It’s the body’s built-in air conditioning system. However, if the humidity is high during a time of sustained extreme heat, sweat will evaporate more slowly or not at all. The cooling system becomes useless, and then heatstroke and death become a real threat.” said inhabitat.com

“According to climate modeling, summertime temperatures in cities like Dubai and Abu Dhabi could become too high for humans as early as 2100. This is what would happen if conditions and practices continue as they are today, without any modifications on carbon emissions. Fortunately, researchers were also able to make projections for the future of the Persian Gulf under optimistic circumstances. They ran the model using a “mitigation scenario” based on the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s report in 2013, which calls for big cutbacks in carbon emissions. With those restrictions, the model still showed increased temperatures for the threatened region, but the projected high temps didn’t reach a deadly level by 2100. Hopefully, global leaders will use studies like this to inform the decisions they make during the upcoming UN climate talks in Paris this December.” said inhabitat.com

source: Persian Gulf Will Be Too Hot For Humans By 2100 Without Action, Says New Study | UPRISER

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Don't forget, taking your job also.

Many years ago I truly got tired of politics.. sure it's fun to cheer for your team.. but regardless of who is in power, there is only one true freedom... that sir, is the almighty dollar.

With money, you can move and live anywhere on the face of this planet... in the country of your choice. Australia, United States, Canada, The UK. or just pick a small Caribbean island to enjoy during the winter months like St. Kitts Nevis.

Most countries have "Economic Citizenship Programs," including Canada, where investors can obtain Citizenship to that country.

Canada Immigrant Investor

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
BAsed on an IPCC report. meaning the conclusion was already written before the computer model was made. The report also says "could be" . Could also be snowing there in 100 years.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So basically the global cooling will result in more rainfall in that area (desert belt around the globe more or less) will become more productive.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Not a big deal either way. IF the equator regions become too hot northern regions become productive land instead of frozen wastes and we don't have to have visas to winter in the sun.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, at least these eco-tards are getting smart enough to project their predictions a 100 years in the future... They will be long gone before they get called frauds and liars
There are several factors:

1. Gotta be long enough that you'll either be dead, forgotten, or at least enough to take the money and run.

2. Gotta be short enough to induce panic. A hundred years is pushing it.

3. Gotta be a place somebody cares about. For example, if you said "Namibia will be uninhabitable next week," nobody'd care. Gotta be a place in the news.

4. Can't be too specific, or people will catch on you're talking out your a*s, like "The Persian Gulf will become uninhabitable in 64 years, 3 months, two days, and seven hours."

only thing uglier than a palm tree is a date palm.
OK, that sounds like a masturbation joke. . .

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
There are several factors:

1. Gotta be long enough that you'll either be dead, forgotten, or at least enough to take the money and run.

2. Gotta be short enough to induce panic. A hundred years is pushing it.

3. Gotta be a place somebody cares about. For example, if you said "Namibia will be uninhabitable next week," nobody'd care. Gotta be a place in the news.

4. Can't be too specific, or people will catch on you're talking out your a*s, like "The Persian Gulf will become uninhabitable in 64 years, 3 months, two days, and seven hours."

OK, that sounds like a masturbation joke. . .
use to stack brush for my dad as a kid to make a few bucks. When he trimmed the date trees I hated it because those damn trees have 8 inch thorns. Hated those nasty trees. Fan palms ain't much better. Dirty nasty shrubs with those stinkin seed pods all over the ground.

use to stack brush for my dad as a kid to make a few bucks. When he trimmed the date trees I hated it because those damn trees have 8 inch thorns. Hated those nasty trees. Fan palms ain't much better. Dirty nasty shrubs with those stinkin seed pods all over the ground.
I like maple trees :).

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Global warming has been going on since day one, and before it began the planet
was not suited to humans either. As for the panic why Alaska was once a tropical
forest and the Okanagan where i live was under twelve hundred feet of ice.
Global warming and cooling goes on throughout the universe of time and there is
nothing anyone can do about it. They are complaining about cars, well before that
there were millions and million of buffalo f*rts causing the problem

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
A little trivia for those who don't really give a shyt,,,,you cannot make a boat out of palm trees because palm trees are not trees, they are fibrous shrubs. They cannot float. That's why if you're stranded on a desert Island,,,you're screwed.

Global warming has been going on since day one, and before it began the planet
was not suited to humans either. As for the panic why Alaska was once a tropical
forest and the Okanagan where i live was under twelve hundred feet of ice.
Global warming and cooling goes on throughout the universe of time and there is
nothing anyone can do about it. They are complaining about cars, well before that
there were millions and million of buffalo f*rts causing the problem
can you imagine what is was like in the dinosaur days? WAIT a minute,,,,maybe that's what happened. Dinosaur farts ignited by a volcano causing global combustion?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If you were stranded on a desert island why would you want to leave? Don't forget we all live where the temperature has been known to drop below zero.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Not a big deal either way. IF the equator regions become too hot northern regions become productive land instead of frozen wastes and we don't have to have visas to winter in the sun.
Hudson Bay will become the resort capital of North America. Where oh where are we going to find people to live there??