Knew this was coming

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ain't gonna happen. You'll be waiting a very long long long time the you'll die and your family will serve cold cut sammiches at your wake.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Ain't gonna happen. You'll be waiting a very long long long time the you'll die and your family will serve cold cut sammiches at your wake.

We'll see mass production in 10 years.

How much you wanna bet?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Funny only the meats the Moslems don't like.
Try actually reading the article. They said processed meats, which definitely includes luncheon/deli meats. They also included beef as well.
And the fact is, processed meats like bacon, ham, salami, to name just a few, contain a LOT of nitrates which can lead to prostate cancer.
Don't worry, I'm no vegan or Muslim. For me a BLT is Bacon Lots more bacon Topped with bacon

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Try actually reading the article. They said processed meats, which definitely includes luncheon/deli meats. They also included beef as well.
And the fact is, processed meats like bacon, ham, salami, to name just a few, contain a LOT of nitrates which can lead to prostate cancer.
Don't worry, I'm no vegan or Muslim. For me a BLT is Bacon Lots more bacon Topped with bacon

I am guilty of just reading the headline. I stand corrected.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I am guilty of just reading the headline. I stand corrected.
lol no worries. I've been guilty of it as well at times. Let the emotional response gallop ahead of the reasoning. I amost piled on actually, until I thought "wait a minute, maybe I should read the article",
because I was already aware of the problem that processed meats could cause.

But then what isn't bad for you if you have too much of it? We need oxygen to breathe for example but medical oxygen actually speeds up the aging process.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Processed is a slippery word. Even free range organic hogs must be processed.
When it comes to meat there's a difference between butchering and processing. Some may call butchering a part of the processing but they are still two separate activities. Processing is doing stuff like taking perfectly good chicken and turning it into chicken loaf, or taking turkey and making those whole, boneless turkey breasts. Butchering is merely the process of separating the various cuts of meat.

Most people over here understand perfectly well what is meant by "processed meats"

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
When it comes to meat there's a difference between butchering and processing. Some may call butchering a part of the processing but they are still two separate activities. Processing is doing stuff like taking perfectly good chicken and turning it into chicken loaf, or taking turkey and making those whole, boneless turkey breasts. Butchering is merely the process of separating the various cuts of meat.

Most people over here understand perfectly well what is meant by "processed meats"

Over where? Utopia perhaps? What country in the world boasts such an enviable record of word knowledge? You sit there bald faced and have the gaul to attempt to convince me that the processing of animules does not begin and include butchering, which is, in your words, a separate activity. Please speak to your saintly wife about some help.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
EVERYTHING in moderation.

If they take away my mexican or gypsy salami or garlic sausage I will be upset.