How do you participate?

johnc

Oct 6, 2015
It is a fact. We are overconsuming our resources and degrading the environment we call Home.

What are you doing in order to stop this from transforming in a total disaster?

I decided to join a group of people that raise awareness on global environmental issues greentumble.com. I research the news and send them new topic suggestions to write about, and soon I will start writing some articles myself.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I eat vegan, work from home (used to live close to work when I did work outside the home), and cycle as my primary means of transportation in the summer months, using the car mostly only in winter or for large purchases or traveling distance or in a rush in summer.

If public transit were more decent, I would rarely use the car, bit we have stupid bylaws preventing high density development in the city which essentially imposes the need for a car.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I burn tires in my backyard, throw out all leftovers and never recycle.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Nothing wrong with owning am SUV when it can provide legitimate benefits. The main thing is that a healthy person is not drink it to the grocery store not even a block away but uses it when walking or cycling legitimately don't suffice.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Nothing wrong with owning am SUV when it can provide legitimate benefits. The main thing is that a healthy person is not drink it to the grocery store not even a block away but uses it when walking or cycling legitimately don't suffice.

Walking to the grocery store is never an issue. Walking from with 10 bags of groceries usually is.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
White man use a lot of wood, make big bonfire, too hot, sit far away......

Indian; use just a few sticks, build small fire, sit close, keep warm!