Supermoon plus eclipse equals rare sky show Sunday night

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — Get ready for a rare double feature, starring our very own moon.

A total lunar eclipse will share the stage with a so-called supermoon Sunday night or early Monday, depending where you are. That combination hasn't been seen since 1982 and won't happen again until 2033.

When a full or new moon makes its closest approach to Earth, that's a supermoon. Although still about 220,000 miles away, this full moon will look bigger and brighter than usual. In fact, it will be the closest full moon of the year, about 30,000 miles closer than the average distance. (The moon's orbit is far from a perfect circle.)

More Here:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — Get ready for a rare double feature, starring our very own moon.

A total lunar eclipse will share the stage with a so-called supermoon Sunday night or early Monday, depending where you are. That combination hasn't been seen since 1982 and won't happen again until 2033.

When a full or new moon makes its closest approach to Earth, that's a supermoon. Although still about 220,000 miles away, this full moon will look bigger and brighter than usual. In fact, it will be the closest full moon of the year, about 30,000 miles closer than the average distance. (The moon's orbit is far from a perfect circle.)

More Here:

This will happen in Iraq after this midnight and last for 3,30 hours from before dawn till after sunrise.
It will happen in all the European countries and in 50% of the Arab countries.

Will it be followed by any expected cosmic or earth changes like earthquakes for example?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

Cool.

Jahovah told me to tell you all that the moon is not made from green cheese. The god says it made the moon from gruyere. Now because I wrote that down, it must be fact.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

More Here:

Notice how they have used a filtered pic of a solar eclipse in this article? First time I saw it I thought, "they must think we are all idiots", then I read selfsames "predictions" and realized, "so many are idiots".

This will happen in Iraq after this midnight and last for 3,30 hours from before dawn till after sunrise.
It will happen in all the European countries and in 50% of the Arab countries.

Will it be followed by any expected cosmic or earth changes like earthquakes for example?

On no, no, no, none of that can happen yet. It's not 2022/2023.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Notice how they have used a filtered pic of a solar eclipse in this article? First time I saw it I thought, "they must think we are all idiots", then I read selfsames "predictions" and realized, "so many are idiots".

On no, no, no, none of that can happen yet. It's not 2022/2023.
Good spot. I knew something was screwy. Just couldn't figure what.

This is a lunar eclipse:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Everyone in town went to the waterfront. Never seen it so packed there. However, turns out there wasn't much to see (it's an eclipse). We couldn't even see it until someone pointed it out. Kind of the non-event of the year around here.