The science behind cannabinoids is clear: marijuana helps brain

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
naturalnews.com printable article

Originally published September 14 2015

The science behind cannabinoids is clear: marijuana helps brain achieve breakthroughs in learning, consciousness and understanding

by Jonathan Benson, staff writer

(NaturalNews) A great misunderstanding regarding the therapeutic value of the cannabis plant persists, even within some reform circles. Marijuana is often lumped into the same category as cigarettes, hard drugs, and even alcohol, with the latest trend being to designate cannabis as "less harmful" than these other substances. In reality, cannabis isn't actually harmful at all, and it can help improve the way people think, process and understand information, and even function physically.

If you think of your brain as a computer hard drive that is constantly being imprinted with new information in the form of magnetized particles, cannabis and its associated cannabinoid constituents are the organizing and formatting tools that the drive uses to erase bad data, rearrange and reconfigure important data, and maintain and optimize the drive. In other words, cannabis is what helps keep certain parts of the brain tidy and well-performing.

This is a somewhat oversimplified analogy, but it gets at the heart of what cannabis is and is not, why it's beneficial to human physiology, and ultimately why the economic and social engineers don't want you to have it. Cannabis is much like a "counselor" for the brain, science has revealed, acting specifically on cannabinoid receptors inherent to both the cerebellum and basal ganglia, which govern coordination of movement, and in the limbic system's hippocampus, which "gates" information during the consolidation of memory.

As the "grease" of the brain, cannabis doesn't alter dopamine production like alcohol, cigarettes and hard drugs do

johnc

Oct 6, 2015
This is great news! The bad news is that it's still illegal in most of the countries which is so ridiculous.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Pot helps me keep my brain focused on the weekends and after work. During working hours I take Ritalin which does the exact same thing. The only difference is that the Ritalin last 8 hrs and so I can't take it in the evenings or I won't be able to sleep. The pot works for 2-3 hrs in the evening when I need it (house work, working out, etc) and then I can sleep.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I got the first 7 words okay and then the rest was rather blurry, what can I do to understand the whole thing?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I got the first 7 words okay and then the rest was rather blurry, what can I do to understand the whole thing?

take some ritalin or smoked a doobie. I'd recommend the pot, has flavour and smells divine.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
never liked the way it made me feel.

There's research that suggests that those who use certain drugs are really just self medicating. So, depending on the drug of your choice you might be compensating, or trying to fix something already broken. For you, it sounds like there's nothing that pot is going to fix for you since you didn't enjoy the feeling. good news!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Love the justifications coming from the users of the recreational drug that it is somehow good for everybody. Its a recreational drug, enjoy it. Be a stoner. Yes it should be same as alcohol for legality. But please.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Love the justifications coming from the users of the recreational drug that it is somehow good for everybody. Its a recreational drug, enjoy it. Be a stoner. Yes it should be same as alcohol for legality. But please.
Yep. Kinda like the niqab-banners. Why can't people just say "Because that's how I want it to be?"

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

there's never a one size fits all for anything.

Some people feel the need to justify it because they're vilified for it. You can go and get pissed drunk and that's ok, approved by some, encouraged by lots. Even though it destroys you liver.

Sit and enjoy a doobie and WHOA! the morality police jump on their high horses, galloping around all puffed up and decry you as a villian.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
there's never a one size fits all for anything.

Some people feel the need to justify it because they're vilified for it. You can go and get pissed drunk and that's ok, approved by some, encouraged by lots. Even though it destroys you liver.

Sit and enjoy a doobie and WHOA! the morality police jump on their high horses, galloping around all puffed up and decry you as a villian.

Not sure about encouraged. People didn't reward David Hasselholf for his drunken escapade with a cheeseburger.

Everything used outside of moderation destroys your liver.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Not sure about encouraged. People didn't reward David Hasselholf for his drunken escapade with a cheeseburger.

Everything used outside of moderation destroys your liver.

Well the Hoff is a different kettle of fish entirely! For some he can do no wrong.

Pot doesn't destroy your liver.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
It may have been WC Fields who coined the phrase, " for medicinal purposes ", when sotting it up until his nose turned red. I never thought about anything other than getting high when I smoked that shyte as a youngster. Nothing more. I drank alcohol at times,,for one reason. To get drunk. Nothing more. Folks don't have to justify getting blasted to make themselves feel better. Just call it as it is. You partake of the stuff because you escape the mundane state of sobriety. Sometimes I feel like I'd like to escape awhile myself

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Hey maaaaaan... weed is great maaaaaan... you just need to get educated maaaaaaan.

Seriously though, I've no problems with it but it is not a miracle drug. Smoke and be merry.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It may have been WC Fields who coined the phrase, " for medicinal purposes ", when sotting it up until his nose turned red. I never thought about anything other than getting high when I smoked that shyte as a youngster. Nothing more. I drank alcohol at times,,for one reason. To get drunk. Nothing more. Folks don't have to justify getting blasted to make themselves feel better. Just call it as it is. You partake of the stuff because you escape the mundane state of sobriety. Sometimes I feel like I'd like to escape awhile myself

But some people don't feel that sobriety is mundane. so if your everyday life is mundane...

Hey maaaaaan... weed is great maaaaaan... you just need to get educated maaaaaaan.

Seriously though, I've no problems with it but it is not a miracle drug. Smoke and be merry.

No, its not a miracle drug. And to take it, thinking it is would be a terribly sad thing. There are no miracle drugs.