Thousands march in cities from New Delhi to New York Read more

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
  • Actress Emma Thompson and musician Peter Gabriel join 40,000 campaigners in London today
  • 2,000 events taking place in 150 countries ahead of United Nations climate summit next week
  • 100,000 people expected to get involved in demonstration in summit's location of New York
  • Thousands take part in marches in Sydney and Melbourne, and in India, Turkey and Belgium

Read more: Climate march in cities all over the world demanding urgent action on climate change | Daily Mail Online

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I can't wait to see the looks on their faces once they find out it's all been a great con. I'll take a photo and frame it and out it on my wall.

As for Emma Thompson, she's just your typical Islington dinner party lefty who sneers and patronises everybody and thinks she knows better.

At the end of the day, it is her and her Swampy mates we should be patronising for falling for the Great Global Warming Swindle.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yeah....I heard about it.

Naomi Klein flew down to bless the peasants with her wisdom.

Tens of thousands of idiots burning fossil fuels to protest the use of fossil fuels, to promote the destruction of the industrialized society that made them rich.........

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
'Largest-ever' climate-change march rolls through NYC

NEW YORK — More than 300,000 people marched through the streets of New York City on Sunday in what organizers called the largest climate-change demonstration in history.
With banners, flags, floats and drums, protesters at the "People's Climate March" overwhelmed midtown Manhattan in flocks of vivid color, demanding action ahead of the United Nations Climate Summit this week.
"I'm totally passionate about our planet and what's happening with our life here," said Heather Snow, 57, a massage therapist from Wilmington, N.C. "The whole Congress, everyone has gone insane, and it's time to end the insanity. I don't know how, I don't know when, but it's got to happen soon. We're running out of time."

'Largest-ever' climate-change march rolls through NYC

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Your new Messiah is Reotardio Dicapprio. I just watched footage of that march Cliff. Did you read the banners? Yes/no? What does "stop colonialism" have to do with climate change?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The shepherds of these sheep are becoming very rich off the gullibility of said sheep.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
  • Actress Emma Thompson and musician Peter Gabriel join 40,000 campaigners in London today
  • 2,000 events taking place in 150 countries ahead of United Nations climate summit next week
  • 100,000 people expected to get involved in demonstration in summit's location of New York
  • Thousands take part in marches in Sydney and Melbourne, and in India, Turkey and Belgium

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Yeah....I heard about it.

Naomi Klein flew down to bless the peasants with her wisdom.

Tens of thousands of idiots burning fossil fuels to protest the use of fossil fuels, to promote the destruction of the industrialized society that made them rich.........

There's more to life than money.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Your new Messiah is Reotardio Dicapprio. I just watched footage of that march Cliff. Did you read the banners? Yes/no? What does "stop colonialism" have to do with climate change?

DiCrappio.

Do it right at least.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
VIVA LA ENVIRONMENT!!!

Climate Marchers Leave Trail of Trash EVERYWHERE. Check Out the Top Tweets…

September 21, 2014 By Greg Campbell

19109 SHARES
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Somehow, I think we all knew it might end up this way…

Climate crusaders love to talk a big game. There’s nothing like wasting a bunch of resources making catchy signs and driving to an event on fossil fuels to crusade with the rest of weekend environmentalists who talk boldly about the need for everybody else to save the planet from the dreaded “global warming”… or is it “climate change?” …

Well, whatever term the Earth crusaders have manufactured for this week to describe “weather”…
Hundreds-of-thousands marched in New York on Sunday as they got together to “raise awareness” over the need for global government intervention on the issue of “climate change.” A-listers like Leonardo DiCaprio and Mark Ruffalo joined the crowd and marched.

When the self-congratulations died down, however, what was left was a gigantic pile of trash that, inarguably, is far from “green.”

Twitchy.com reported one countless tweets where people shared their pictures of the mess that was left in the wake of the Earth-first crusaders.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hey hey hey. They saved the ozone layer that has always had holes but now some how doesn't, they saved the rainforest by using paper cups, tree frog blend coffee and bamboo swizel sticks. Soon they will stop weather with smart phones. What can't they do? Get jobs?

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Hey hey hey. They saved the ozone layer that has always had holes but now some how doesn't, they saved the rainforest by using paper cups, tree frog blend coffee and bamboo swizel sticks. Soon they will stop weather with smart phones. What can't they do? Get jobs?

Bunch of hypocrites.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Maybe. And yet, no matter how hypocritical they are, and no matter how teh tea party screams hoax, it does not change the radiative properties of a carbon dioxide moelcules one iota. And that is the issue here.

I think the whole thing is a bunch of a hooey. I could get behind a movement to stop pollution, but not this bunch of alarmist BS that loves moving goal posts every time they are called out. Being an environmentalist is like being a representative for NIKE. It's self indulgent BS.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Maybe. And yet, no matter how hypocritical they are, and no matter how teh tea party screams hoax, it does not change the radiative properties of a carbon dioxide moelcules one iota. And that is the issue here.

Oh good Lord. Ignore everything else and ride on the o=C=o one horse pony?