Germany #1, UK #6, Canada #9, USA #13 in Energy Efficiency

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The U.S. ranks 13 out of 16 countries in energy efficiency, Germany is #1 : TreeHugger

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Energy in germany is both expensive and taxed to the hilt. Also much of their energy is from coal and it is a small country while we in Canada are fortunate to have lota of comparitively cheap hydro power.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
and it is a small country while we in Canada are fortunate to have lota of comparitively cheap hydro power.

It is small only in terms of land area. In other respects - demographically (although its population is shrinking) and economically - it is a large country, much larger than Canada. As a result it is the world's sixth-largest consumer of energy and Europe's largest consumer of electricity. It is because there is such demand for energy in Germany that it is currently getting most of its energy simply from coal-fired power stations and it plans to build another TWENTY SIX more. Lignite is extracted in the extreme western and eastern parts of the country, mainly in Nordrhein-Westfalen, Sachsen and Brandenburg.

Despite this, Germany is the largest operator of non-hydro renewables capacity in the world, including the world's second largest operator of wind generation.

Sons of Liberty

Walks on Water
Aug 24, 2010
Evil Empire
"This doesn't seem to be actually measuring efficiency. The suggestions are all based on laws passed and government spending."

A liberal blog, big deal.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Personally I no longer give a damn. I am beginning to dislike the Greenies themselves
Environmentalists have become no better than Condo Nazis. I am going to live the way
I bloody well please and enjoy the time I have here. If it conforms with the movement
and the laws of what ever wonderful if not to hell with them.
Every time I hear about carbon sequester or too much of this or that it makes me want
to go start my truck and let it run for half an hour on a smog filled day.
I don't believe in wasting water or not recycling but I getting sick of these people always
mouthing off about it has to be this way To Hell with them I don't care if we're No 1 or 21
We mouth off about how Germany is doing so well or America is bad or ain't we great
Canada. Europe is a small place with limited resources Canada is a place where we
have variety and a huge supply. We should not be paying what they're paying cause we
have more and we should not be limited to their standards.
Excuse me while I go put a lump of coal on the fire and another log while I turn down my
electric thermostat yes we have it all who cares