Gigantic a r s e h o l e found in Siberia

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Ямал - невероятная воронка Giant Hole in the ground - Yamal (Russia) - YouTube

Methane explosion? Meteorite crater? Scientists baffled by gigantic 262ft hole that has appeared at Siberia's 'End of The World'

• Enormous crater appears suddenly in part of Russia whose name translates as 'the end of the world'
  • Teams of scientists are rushing east to fathom the cause of this unusual - and rare - geographical occurrence
  • One especially outlandish theory talks about a UFO landing as a possible cause of this colossal chasm in the earth

more

Giant hole appears in Siberia: Huge crater emerges in 'the end of the world' | Mail Online

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
There goes my theory. I always figured if they were going to give the world an enema, Queens Park is where they'd insert the tube.

Maybe that's just an Ontario thing....

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Giant craters continue to appear mysteriously in Siberia

Giant craters continue to appear mysteriously in Siberia (+video) - CSMonitor.com

Siberia’s Yamal Peninsula, which means ‘end of the world,’ is becoming increasingly porous, according to scientists at the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS). Last July, a sinkhole measuring 260 feet in width (link is external) was reported in the region. Researchers now suggest that up to 30 more could litter the cold earth.

Since the discovery of the first Yamal crater, nine more have been reported in the region. Additionally, the crater known as B2 is apparently flanked by 20 water-filled “baby craters,” the Siberian Times
reports (link is external).

Whatever is creating these chasms is still largely unknown. Some Antipayuta residents reported seeing a flash in the vicinity of one crater, while others in the Yamal district noted feeling tremors. Russian scientists have named one possible culprit, however: methane.

Bogoyavlensky suspects that gas emissions – possibly even gas explosions – could have formed the craters. A thaw of the Arctic landscape could have allowed underground gas reserves to burst outward, he says. Researchers have previously observed ‘degassing’ in Yamal lakes – the release and subsequent rising of gas from lakebed – which seems to support Bogoyavlensky’s theory.

Dozens of new craters suspected in northern Russia

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
This is not the only mysterious hole in Siberia. There are loads of them. The Russian wilderness is dotted with mysterous holes which look as though something large has drilled down into the Earth. They've been appearing for years.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
This is not the only mysterious hole in Siberia. There are loads of them. The Russian wilderness is dotted with mysterous holes which look as though something large has drilled down into the Earth. They've been appearing for years.

That's not mysterious.

It's a raise bore hole.

Geezus people are dumb.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
That's not mysterious.

It's a raise bore hole.

Geezus people are dumb.

Yeah? Try telling that to the people who come across them in the vast, empty wilderness of the largest country on Earth in areas where hardly any human being has ever trodden.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Yeah!

They didn't post that pic of a raise bore hole on CC and call it mysterious. You did.

Don't pretend you're an expert on the mysterious Russian holes. Nobody is sure what caused them. Russian scientists have even carried out investigations into them, but still nobody is sure.

These holes often appear in dense forests and in other places where you can't get a vehicle into in order to bring a device to drill into the ground. There are also no mounds of soil nearby that have been taken from the holes.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Don't pretend you're an expert on the mysterious Russian holes.
I worked on a raise bore rig. I know what a raise bore hole looks like. Your pic is of a raise bore hole.

Nobody is sure what caused them.
I know what caused the hole in the pic you posted, a raise bore.

Russian scientists have even carried out investigations into them, but still nobody is sure.
They most be related to you, or at the very least, educated in England.

These holes often appear in dense forests and in other places where you can't get a vehicle into in order to bring a device to drill into the ground.
Oh no doubt. We didn't transverse frozen muskeg and frozen lakes, and set up on islands either.

There are also no mounds of soil nearby that have been taken from the holes.
Of course not, because loaders and backhoes are a mystery too.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
We flew all our gear on to Red Mountain, and Red Path flew all the ore off with a helo. Until we were done putting in a portal and raise bored a chute for the ore, through the mountain.

Those too!

For me it was either by plane on ice runways or helo into the bush, tundra, mtns. Siberians aren't as sophisticated, England never invaded them.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I worked on a raise bore rig. I know what a raise bore hole looks like. Your pic is of a raise bore hole.

I know what caused the hole in the pic you posted, a raise bore.

They most be related to you, or at the very least, educated in England.

Oh no doubt. We didn't transverse frozen muskeg and frozen lakes, and set up on islands either.

Of course not, because loaders and backhoes are a mystery too.

Well that's the mystery solved then. Maybe you should contact the experts around the world who have been trying for many years to explain these holes without success. You've just gone and solved the mystery right here.