Massive bee deaths can have far-reaching implications

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Massive bee deaths can have far-reaching implications
May 30, 2014
Videographer Audra Brown with why honey bees are dying off in record numbers.
Massive bee deaths can have far-reaching implications | CityNews

too bee or not too bee? ;)

I wonder if they will eventually go out of beesness? ;)

perhaps some things just aren't meant to bee? ;)

beelieve it or not. ;)

I wish bees would beehave themselves. ;)

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Why aren't honey prices rising? Why is there shelf after shelf after display of honey in the stores? Why do none of the apiaries I frequent have shortages of honey?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Why aren't honey prices rising? Why is there shelf after shelf after display of honey in the stores? Why do none of the apiaries I frequent have shortages of honey?

Because it is a regional problem but spreading. Educate yourself instead of spouting anecdotal BS.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Why aren't honey prices rising?

Honey prices are rising:
Bee shortfall raises honey prices | Food | Jewish Journal
According to numbers from the National Honey Board — a research and promotion board under USDA oversight — since January 2006, the price per pound of honey has increased from $3.88 to $5.97, nearly 54 percent, far outpacing the rate of inflation (16 percent) over that period.​

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
The honey in the stores comes from all over the world.

And I can get a tractor trailer full of honey. Oh, you've shown me the lights. The bees are fine as I can see much honey, so honeyish, wow.

Honey prices are rising:
Bee shortfall raises honey prices | Food | Jewish Journal
According to numbers from the National Honey Board — a research and promotion board under USDA oversight — since January 2006, the price per pound of honey has increased from $3.88 to $5.97, nearly 54 percent, far outpacing the rate of inflation (16 percent) over that period.​

Kind of hard to argue with the free market.