bison fleeing yellowstone?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Apprently they do it every year. At least that's what I read.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
volcanic winter...lovely

smart bison though, using the road for a bit of a run

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
The Very Important Detail About That Video of Bison ‘Running for Their Lives’ Out of Yellowstone | Video | TheBlaze.com

This week, a video has been circulating claiming to show a herd of bison “running for their lives” out of Yellowstone National Park. The suggestion has been that the animals are sensing imminent danger associated with a volcano in the area.

But there’s just one problem park officials told Reuters that the video actually shows the bison galloping into the park, not out of it.

Below is what appears to be the most popular version, which includes some alarming claims:

In fact, one person who claims to be the person behind the original video (many versions have been posted) of the bison running included a detailed description of where the event occurred, and said it’s actually an annual occurrence:

March 14, 2014 — This herd of Yellowstone National Park Bison dashes from Mammoth Hot Springs eastward along the roadway and deeper into the park. If the herd matriarch gets the urge to run, she will … and the entire herd will run to keep up.

I’ve been lucky enough to live and work here year-round in Yellowstone National Park since 2010, and every Spring I am blessed to witness them running … in a celebration of life, in a celebration of the coming richness of the Spring Season … and running for the sheer joy of being able to!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
But there’s just one problem park officials told Reuters that the video actually shows the bison galloping into the park, not out of it.
baaaaaaahahahahah...that is too funny

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
When Yellowstone blows, I think it will be as much of a surprise to the local wildlife as it is to us humans..

Sadly I think that'll be pretty much history for the USA and possibly much of the would.. Unless ya live down under

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How far off the ground do they have to be before it becomes not reportable?

That would be all forms of life leaving at the same time and what assurance is there that they have picked the right direction?

!
Grass a little greener on the weekends?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
When Yellowstone blows, I think it will be as much of a surprise to the local wildlife as it is to us humans..

Sadly I think that'll be pretty much history for the USA and possibly much of the would.. Unless ya live down under

If the big one (Supervolcano) blows, and drops the global temp by
20C like what was claimed in the video.....you'd have to be down
under the Earth to ride out that one....& who knows how long for?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
the music from Bonanza plays in my head when I watch the bison do the leaving boogie.

But there’s just one problem park officials told Reuters that the video actually shows the bison galloping into the park, not out of it.............."

stupid fukking bison.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Its not because of a volcano they know all those damn tourists are coming
back for the summer you'd leave too

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
the music from Bonanza plays in my head when I watch the bison do the leaving boogie.

But there’s just one problem park officials told Reuters that the video actually shows the bison galloping into the park, not out of it.............."

stupid fukking bison.

They are just giant cows. Organic cows really.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
interesting stuff, thank you.
no probs. :)

video actually shows the bison galloping into the park, not out of it.
suicidal bison? :shock: ;)

we'll be down under several tons of volcanic ash. :shock: ;)