Another myth debunked (ADHD)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
so, since this idiot, who seems more interested in selling his book than anything else, found that another doctor misdiagnosed a new patient of his then there is no such thing as ADHD... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, I know what doctor I will never be going to see.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Interesting.

Dr. Richard Saul is not saying there is not a problem, he is saying in him opinion it is merely a misdiagnosis of bipolar disorder.

In my experience, major and manic-depressive disorders often explain the ADHD symptoms fully, and successful treatment of the former eliminates the attention-deficit/hyperactivity symptoms, with no need for stimulant medication and their consequent side-effects.

If a person's symptoms can be controlled without stimulant medication that would be excellent.

We started William on lithium, and within two months we found a dosage that worked well for him, reducing his symptoms to very mild levels, with no significant side effects. With regular use of the lithium, William’s functioning improved on every level.

Successful chemical control is just in it's infancy.

An interesting theory by him.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Brilliant! ♦

Difference between the "cartoon" and the good "doctor", is that the author isn't saying that ADHD isn't real, he's saying he isn't sure, the jury's still out.

When you don't live with it day in and day out, it's real easy to dismiss.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Difference between the "cartoon" and the good "doctor", is that the author isn't saying that ADHD isn't real, he's saying he isn't sure, the jury's still out.

When you don't live with it day in and day out, it's real easy to dismiss.
That is true. At some point not far down the road hopefully, they will deal with this better. Living with something day in a day out gives one a perspective that doctors don't see and no one else does either.

I really like how they show the old model and what our system it is based upon. Kids get bored easily if they aren't challenged or see no value so I can see how a kid couldn't sit still through that.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Difference between the "cartoon" and the good "doctor", is that the author isn't saying that ADHD isn't real, he's saying he isn't sure, the jury's still out..
No. That's not what he's saying. Did your ADHD not allow you to focus on the message?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Sure you do. You've admitted it. But go ahead and deny it now. It's not really relevant to the discussion

Nope, have never said I was ADHD. I have 4 boys with varying degrees of ADD/ADHD and my wife has ADD. Have never said I did. One more example of you making things up as you go along.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Find the quote and post it and I will leave this board permanently. If you can't, then you leave, if you won't, then STFU with your lies.

Why on earth would I waste my time searching old posts. Clearly your ADHD is a bigger issue for you than for me. I personally couldn't care less

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
so, since this idiot, who seems more interested in selling his book than anything else, found that another doctor misdiagnosed a new patient of his then there is no such thing as ADHD... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, I know what doctor I will never be going to see.
You admitting you suffer from ADHD?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So you don't get treated for something you don't have? Okay I think that sums things up.
Perhaps your family members that are on meds would suggest you try them out so their lives improve without meds, that is assumong your conduct here is is an accurate example of what you are like at home.