Might as well have that extra piece of pie

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The eruption of a “supervolcano” hundreds of times more powerful than conventional volcanoes – with the potential to wipe out civilisation as we know it – is more likely than previously thought, a study has found. An analysis of the molten rock within the dormant supervolcano beneath Yellowstone National Park in the United States has revealed that an eruption is possible without any external trigger, scientists said.

Risk of supervolcano eruption big enough to 'affect the world' far greater than thought, scientists say - Science - News - The Independent

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
The eruption of a “supervolcano” hundreds of times more powerful than conventional volcanoes – with the potential to wipe out civilisation as we know it – is more likely than previously thought, a study has found. An analysis of the molten rock within the dormant supervolcano beneath Yellowstone National Park in the United States has revealed that an eruption is possible without any external trigger, scientists said.

Risk of supervolcano eruption big enough to 'affect the world' far greater than thought, scientists say - Science - News - The Independent
I hope the volcano won't bury Toronto. the volcano should be destroyed before it destroys us.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Now that could cause some global warming, Until that happens and we can
do nothing about it why not give us our condecent light bulbs back? Surely
it would be a gesture to the gods so they won't blow up our existance
Can you imagine we are going through the process of scaring, shaming and
threating people to force them to compy with theories of climate change and
we are going to be screwed by the planet itslef. Does anyone still feel superior
to nature

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Now that could cause some global warming, Until that happens and we can
do nothing about it why not give us our condecent light bulbs back? Surely
it would be a gesture to the gods so they won't blow up our existance
Can you imagine we are going through the process of scaring, shaming and
threating people to force them to compy with theories of climate change and
we are going to be screwed by the planet itslef. Does anyone still feel superior
to nature

I won't be going back to incandescent bulbs, DG.........since I changed all mine to the new florescents, I have replaced only one of them in over 10 years - pretty good bang for my buck, I'd say.

Just imagine if Yellowstone blew the same time that La Palma slipped .........now that would make a grand movie.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Not really. CFLs give false consumption readings to induction disk and smart meters.

Well poo............here I was thinking about all the money I saved over the years by not having to replace my incandescents.

Not really. CFLs give false consumption readings to induction disk and smart meters.

Well poo............here I was thinking about all the money I saved over the years by not having to replace my incandescents. So how do they give false readings?