Alberta Expands HPV Vaccine Coverage to Boys

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Alberta expands HPV vaccination program to boys | CTV Edmonton News

Alberta Health announced today that it will be expanding its HPV vaccination program to include boys in Grade five as of next fall. It will also do a 'catch up program' in grade nine for the next four years, for boys who passed through grade five before the policy took effect.

As the mother of a son, I was half of on the fence for the need of it for him specifically, leaning toward wishing he could get it too. But, reading just how many girls are not having the vaccination, I'm glad my son will be protected.

jjaycee98

Electoral Member
Jan 27, 2006
British Columbia
Alberta expands HPV vaccination program to boys | CTV Edmonton News

Alberta Health announced today that it will be expanding its HPV vaccination program to include boys in Grade five as of next fall. It will also do a 'catch up program' in grade nine for the next four years, for boys who passed through grade five before the policy took effect.

As the mother of a son, I was half of on the fence for the need of it for him specifically, leaning toward wishing he could get it too. But, reading just how many girls are not having the vaccination, I'm glad my son will be protected.
Amazing how many Mothers think because their kids are only 12 they are not sexually active and do not need to even know about Herpes and others SDs. Heck kids are showing, blowing and fingering, sometimes by 6.