Is the Earth ****ed?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Naomi Klein: How science is telling us all to revolt

There was one dynamic in the model, however, that offered some hope. Werner termed it “resistance” – movements of “people or groups of people” who “adopt a certain set of dynamics that does not fit within the capitalist culture”. According to the abstract for his presentation, this includes “environmental direct action, resistance taken from outside the dominant culture, as in protests, blockades and sabotage by indigenous peoples, workers, anarchists and other activist groups”.

more: Naomi Klein: How science is telling us all to revolt

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Naomi Klein: How science is telling us all to revolt

There was one dynamic in the model, however, that offered some hope. Werner termed it “resistance” – movements of “people or groups of people” who “adopt a certain set of dynamics that does not fit within the capitalist culture”. According to the abstract for his presentation, this includes “environmental direct action, resistance taken from outside the dominant culture, as in protests, blockades and sabotage by indigenous peoples, workers, anarchists and other activist groups”.

more: Naomi Klein: How science is telling us all to revolt

Actually Cliffy, the way Mother Nature works we'll be ----ed before the earth is.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
“Is Earth F**ked?” (full title: “Is Earth F**ked? Dynamical Futility of Global Environmental Management and Possibilities for Sustainability via Direct Action Activism”).

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Naomi Klein is a nitwit. Cut all government services to those that don't like people having jobs and see how long they last.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
The title should read. Are humans ****ed.

To answer that... I'd say yes we are... Earth may take a few million years to re-balance itself. And even if it doesn't. I'm sure it will do just fine.

The article author makes the presumption that there is no earth without humans. Like the saying.
"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"
I feel we all suffer from self importance. This author especially.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Actually Cliffy, the way Mother Nature works we'll be ----ed before the earth is.

We will be either way unless we figure out a way to move to another habitable planet. If we dont and are wiped out the Earth will keep going on its merry way without us til the sun swallows it.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
We will be either way unless we figure out a way to move to another habitable planet. If we dont and are wiped out the Earth will keep going on its merry way without us til the sun swallows it.

Even if we end up destroying ourselves. I'm not sure the universe Isn't better off.

If you think of the universe as the inside of a much bigger living thing, as there is living things within our own body at a much smaller scale.

Our actions and way of life matches closer to that of a cancer we have observed within our own body.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Yup, the end is nigh. No use in living any longer. Ya's all may as well off yourselves and save yourself anymore aggravation.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I would but then I'd have to go to hell for eternity.

Most, if not all, of those whining and bitching about the world ending at the hands of man don't believe in that....so........ go for it I say.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I would but then I'd have to go to hell for eternity.
If it's ending and we're dying and you're going to hell, can you send your money to me first...I'll secure it for ya

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Most, if not all, of those whining and bitching about the world ending at the hands of man don't believe in that....so........ go for it I say.

If you chose to believe in fairy's or Santa , or God. And you do so because they just tell you it is so and to never question it and have Faith. Your a bigger idiot then most of the people you accuse of being just such a thing on this forum