I like gadgets..........

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If I can't buy them I make my own....:smile:

In the late 60's, to check if there was power in the plugs on cold nights at the mill to plug in my car, I had wired a small neon bulb inline with the proper resistor inside the plug, making the plug glow if there was power in the line....(Damn...I should have patented that)

A few months ago for when we are away, I wired a touch sensor to the front and back door "Steel doors" and connected it to a speaker with an MP3 player of the sound of two Dobermans barking...it runs for three minutes if someone touches the door........I should switch it on when I'm home and test it on Jehovah witnesses;-)

This morning I tested my latest when I put my garbage bags at the road...A small Bluetooth speaker that I put on the roof of my car, and an mp3 recording of a gunshot looped to play every 30 seconds on my laptop. A couple of crows landed across the street to pick at my neighbour's garbage, I started the recording, they got startled and flew in a tree, Thirty seconds later, the second shot...and they buggered off to another street...

I like gadgets....:lol:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Good ideas! I am lucky enough to live where i can shoot the crows, coons, etc, and enjoy it ;-)
I found when I lived a bit out of town,with no neighbours across the road, I would shoot one using .22 B.B. Caps (No noise to alarm the neighbours), leave the carcass at the road for a day or two.....and my garbage would be crow free for at least five to seven years ....they have very good memory8O

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
I found when I lived a bit out of town,with no neighbours across the road, I would shoot one using .22 B.B. Caps (No noise to alarm the neighbours), leave the carcass at the road for a day or two.....and my garbage would be crow free for at least five to seven years ....they have very good memory8O

Yep, i mostly have Ravens which have memories as long but usually do not cause me any problems, when the crows come in occasionally for my cherries, grapes, nuts, and fruit, BBcaps are perfect. I have a few neighbors that phone the RCMP every time they hear a gunshot and i have to smile and politely tell the poor Cops to butt out.
I get so that i fire a rifle every week or so just to keep the idiots down the road from worrying they are gonna die. I have been here 25 years, them 5 years, nobody has died, odd that. Their 19 yr old son however, has wrecked three cars and a motorcycle and cost a girl her left leg. I guess i should be glad they are anti gun...........

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
If I can't buy them I make my own....:smile:

In the late 60's, to check if there was power in the plugs on cold nights at the mill to plug in my car, I had wired a small neon bulb inline with the proper resistor inside the plug, making the plug glow if there was power in the line....(Damn...I should have patented that)

A few months ago for when we are away, I wired a touch sensor to the front and back door "Steel doors" and connected it to a speaker with an MP3 player of the sound of two Dobermans barking...it runs for three minutes if someone touches the door........I should switch it on when I'm home and test it on Jehovah witnesses;-)

This morning I tested my latest when I put my garbage bags at the road...A small Bluetooth speaker that I put on the roof of my car, and an mp3 recording of a gunshot looped to play every 30 seconds on my laptop. A couple of crows landed across the street to pick at my neighbour's garbage, I started the recording, they got startled and flew in a tree, Thirty seconds later, the second shot...and they buggered off to another street...

I like gadgets....:lol:

Me too, I wonder how long till the crows catch on, if they do.