Beet juice used to melt ice by GTA snow removal company

arob

Nominee Member
Would you like to help test a new all - natural de-icing solution that's made from Ontario beetroot?

Geomelt is a Canadian product that uses beetroot juice mixed with salt water - read about the chemistry of beetroot juice de-icing solution for snow removal on Fuel Ghoul blog

Do you want to help a Canadian snow removal service in Toronto's east end, ( as far away as Pickering, Whitby and Ajax) do environmental assessments by using / testing beetroot juice as a deicer and then writing reports ? The program will provide you with enough mixture to protect your winter steps, sidewalks, driveways. All that's required is that next year in the springtime you will fill out the forms with feedback about the product's effectiveness and any other observations.

The Snowmen share their ideas on their blog. More details about teh program on Ancestry Guru's discussion about emerging all natural snow removal technology.

If you're interested in getting involved in the testing, please do not hesitate to PM me on this forum with some information about yourself and the size and location of your snow removal requirements.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'll stick to using potash rather than a beet based glycol and calcium or magnesium chloride combo to create an exothermic reaction.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Coal dust works wonders; completely natural.

I find beet juice must be applied on days when the temperature is significantly above 0*C or when it is incorporated in hot borsch.