A May Heat wave????

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We registered 29 degrees this afternoon which is not any kind of a record, it is warm for the first week in May. Is global
warming responsible? Whatever brought it, I love it. Nanaimoites can expect more of the same for the next week anyway.
Thoughts?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
we've been freezing our tushes off, right now is a lovely 22° fiiiiiinally

Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
29 degrees works out to well over eighty degrees F........warmer inside the house....but I'm not complaining.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We registered 29 degrees this afternoon which is not any kind of a record, it is warm for the first week in May. Is global
warming responsible? Whatever brought it, I love it. Nanaimoites can expect more of the same for the next week anyway.
Thoughts?

I'd go along with polar warming, global warming is pretty much a myth, winters may be a little warmer than they were years ago but summers are nowhere near the scorchers we had when I was a kid.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
yeah I would be....lol

A few years ago my wife bought us a trip to Cancoon for my birthday which is in the middle
of March. Cancoon is about five hours from Vancouver and when we arrived it was over a
hundred degrees. I thought I was going to die but within about a day and a half we were
used to it.

Btw the normal temperatures for this time are highs of 17F and lows of 8F

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The angry birds and now angry and horny.

Some are angry. horny and drunk.

I tossed a bucket of fermented wheat on the lawn from a vodka run :)

ooOOPs

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We are having a small heat wave. Right now the weather man is saying it is 24 degrees in Nanaimo and my thermometer agrees with him. We are at April 30th today but the forecast is calling for the same weather tomorrow so hopefully, we can be with the topic header :lol:..

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
We are having a small heat wave. Right now the weather man is saying it is 24 degrees in Nanaimo and my thermometer agrees with him. We are at April 30th today but the forecast is calling for the same weather tomorrow so hopefully, we can be with the topic header :lol:..

In the 40s F here in Massachusetts. Been cold all week.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
fuk off Juan the birds are wearing fur jackets it's so fuking cold, it's 7° with a fog warning...:p

if we don't soon get a day over 20 I am going to move south or hang myself

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
fuk off Juan the birds are wearing fur jackets it's so fuking cold, it's 7° with a fog warning...:p

if we don't soon get a day over 20 I am going to move south or hang myself

I'd suggest you might try moving south first, you can always do the other later. -:)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

It's quite possible, #Juan. May can be like that. In '82 when we lived in Courtenay we had a real scorcher late in May like close to 35C, same thing again in Grand Forks on May 24 '95, so we are probably over due.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Just thought I would let you know that we have over twenty two degrees right now. Should pick up another three degrees or so by three PM........:roll:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It was 28 in Surrey yesterday. Suppose to be warmer today. LOVE IT!!!!!!!