The true paradigm of science

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Article 20 : Taking The Measure Of A Massive Rethink

Posted on May 29, 2012 by Bishop Nicholas Sykes
A NEW PARADIGM OF SCIENTIFIC THOUGHT – THE ELECTRIC UNIVERSE (A VIEW FROM THE CAYMAN ISLANDS)
by Bishop Nicholas Sykes
With this article complete I am “putting down my pen” for a little, and hope that the pause will help some people, not least this author, to re-explore some of the remarkable paths and by-ways of this fresh paradigm, and that some new fresh and challenging expositions may be forthcoming in due course. In the final article of this first series I will vary very modestly a rule I established for myself at the outset of the series, which was to adhere strictly to what was “natural” (of nature) rather than “theological” (of God, beyond nature). In following this rule I have been mindful of some much earlier Christian authors such as Boëthius, who completed “The Consolation of Philosophy” at a time and in personal circumstances which many might assume would induce a search for consolations of a more directly heavenly sort. However, I am convinced there was a “method” in Boëthius’ approach which I shall not altogether unpack here.
I do not accept that the paradigm of the Electric Universe is a “Theory of Everything” in any sense that goes beyond natural philosophy; for instance, it does not offer an account of the nature of goodness, of evil, of that spirit or perception of man that we describe as reason, consciousness or even conscience, of moral or physical causation, of God, of the divine creation of the Universe, or of the Fall and redemption of Man and the Universe. I am convinced that any natural philosophy that sets out either to explain or to dissolve such significant and important aspects (or dimensions) of our experience is in error, through over-extension of its own defined reach. And such error has been made by both certain theists and certain atheists in the past and in the present.
Nevertheless, in my belief the fresh paradigm represents the single most important shift in the shape of human knowledge since the time of Sir Isaac Newton, and holds many important implications for the future of physics, cosmology, geology, physical chemistry and the biological sciences, as well as for the humanities.

By the employment of the new paradigm:

1. Science is returned to an exercise of natural philosophy, in which causation is assumed, simpler explanations are preferred, other things being equal, to abstruse and complicated ones, observation and experimentation are restored to their time-honoured paramountcy, theories are properly evaluated rather than being prejudicially ruled out by accepted (and funded) models, and mathematical analysis especially of the computer-generated sort is validated so far as is consistent with verifiable science and no further.

1. Physics in particular, and consistently with the foregoing list (A) of benefits, is set free from its current captivation to mathematical models that have no verified, and in many cases verifiable, physical basis. Einstein’s relativity constructions are dismantled, and the existence of an æther, which has been denied without logic or reason, is confirmed and reasonable theories are proposed in regard to its composition and function throughout the space of the universe. The approach of Newton’s Principia Mathematica is re-assessed with particular regard, first, to what is said and not said concerning the nature of gravitation, and, secondly, to the absence there of any scientific theory of electricity. By this means, what has been discovered since the 17th century about the phenomena of electricity may be correctly applied in an augmented Newtonian Physics. In such an electrically augmented Newtonian Physics, the nature of gravitation is explained, the nature of mass is explained, and the standard definition of mass is corrected, involving its conceptual separation from a quantitative absolute measure of the matter that manifests it. As Sir Oliver Lodge said (whose year of his death at about 90 years old was the year of my birth) sometime in the early twentieth century, “What is really wanted for a truly Natural Philosophy is a supplement to Newtonian mechanics, expressed in terms of the medium which he suspected and sought after but could not attain, and introducing the additional facts, chiefly electrical – especially the fact of variable inertia – discovered since his time.” In addition, quantum physics is re-established upon verifiable bases, because quantum effects are due to the resonant substructure of subatomic particles.

1. Cosmology is rescued from its current “virtual reality” manifestations of unverified and probably unverifiable constructs: black holes, dark matter, dark energy, Oort clouds, universe expansion, accelerating universe expansion, Big Bang, formation of stars by gravitational accretion, stellar nuclear furnaces, all made mathematically inevitable by the fundamental errors of ignoring or suppressing confirmed observations that do not fit prevailing constructs, such as those by Halton Arp, and by adopting a seventeenth century view of the universe that omits any consideration of the electric force, and at the same time a late nineteenth century view of the universe that omits consideration of sudden or catastrophic events. Although the theory of “magnetic reconnection” can be said to be a “nod” to cosmology’s emergence from these chains, as it stands this hypothesis is entirely lacking in a logical physical basis, and will remain so until it is replaced by the thoroughgoing electrical model that is provided by the paradigm of the electric universe.

1. Geology is rescued from its constraints of a uniformity theory that distorts and undermines nearly all observations that would deny that theory, and from the constraints of a too well established theory of time-measurement that depends upon a concept of radioactive decay without causation that is overturned by the electric universe paradigm; for as mentioned recently by Wal Thornhill, neutrinos may reintroduce cause and effect to radioactive decay. Also, experiments have been performed which strongly suggest that such decay is not independent of the electromagnetic environment in which it occurs. The outworking of the new paradigm may prove to be particularly unmerciful to the contents of the current text-books in nearly all fields of this science’s application.
The Electric Universe paradigm will have a revolutionary effect upon biological science; and the arts, the humanities in general, as well as theological exposition, will be by no means untouched. And that is a good place for me to end this series, which I hope has been widely enjoyed. I promise that my pen will be occupied by this subject again.
With thanks for feedback from Wal Thornhill
The series of articles was published in Cayman Net News
For more information on the new paradigm, see
www.holoscience.com and www.thunderbolts.info